Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CodeMonkeys Treehouse

Blog Entries

Forum Upgrades

I just installed a product on the forums to help with SEO. If you don't know what that is then you probably wouldn't want to or care anyways.

One thing you might notice is all the URLs within the forum are different. That's supposed to happen. If the new URLs don't work though that isn't supposed to happen.

If you guys notice anything unusual with the forums that you think might be a bug let me know.

Thanks,

Chewie
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/SLO%20Wookiee.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

Oooh - I'm not sure if I want my posts to be easier to find on Google I get in enough trouble as it is!!!
    "Bobby" - Candy Apple Red Rosewood Sterling H w/Abalone - Feb 1st 2002 - F05226
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa
    I don't think musicians should be trusted with wrenches.

Thanks to the generosity of my favourite bunch of Knuckleheads, our beautiful Balls have been saved!

Hi....I liked when you used to be able to put your cursor over the title and you could read the first couple of lines of the post without opening it. It doesn't work that way anymore...is there anyway to allow that feature again?

One of the subforums has the same name as it's parent.... General Music Discussion

Clicking the link for the general forum brings me to the parent directory.
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/gene...ic-discussion/
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://www.DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

Blog Entries
    Thanks Pete.

That one is fixed now.
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/SLO%20Wookiee.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

HI....I can't log in when I use my other computer. When I log in the screen goes to a "Thanks for logging in Bass-sic" page and then when its redirected...it goes to a forum page showing that I am NOT logged in. Can you fix that?

Blog Entries
    My guess is that may be a browser issue? Off the top of my head I'd guess that cookies were diasabled or something. Can you give a little more info, like Browser used and version. OS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    My guess is that may be a browser issue? Off the top of my head I'd guess that cookies were diasabled or something. Can you give a little more info, like Browser used and version. OS too.
    I have internet explorer 6.0 and that computer is running on windows xp. The same exact software I am using on this computer now. My other computer is a laptop and I don't have problems logging onto any other site...just this one. And again it shows on the screen that I'm logged in for a second...then when it redirects me....it logs me off again.

Blog Entries
    make sure that you have clicked the "remember me" box
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    make sure that you have clicked the "remember me" box

Thanks BP...I don't think I did that...I'll try it. I don't have to on this computer but maybe my other one is more sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass-sic View Post
    Thanks BP...I don't think I did that...I'll try it. I don't have to on this computer but maybe my other one is more sensitive.
    Terri ~ the same thing is happening on my work computer (even when I check off "Remember Me").

When you get redirected to the page where you appear offline, scroll down to the "Currently Active Users" list, and left click (or right, if your mouse is set up that way) once over your online i.d.; back to normal for that session until you close your browser.

James
    "That Bongo is the Abe Vigoda of basses."
    - BP

"Don't play it if you don't feel it."
    - James Jamerson

I am the Heidi Fleiss of bass owners!

~James~

Quote Originally Posted by shamus63 View Post
    Terri ~ the same thing is happening on my work computer (even when I check off "Remember Me").

When you get redirected to the page where you appear offline, scroll down to the "Currently Active Users" list, and left click (or right, if your mouse is set up that way) once over your online i.d.; back to normal for that session until you close your browser.

James

Thanks James...I will try doing that, because the other way still isn't working. Tell Karen hi for me and you two have a nice Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass-sic View Post
    Thanks James...I will try doing that, because the other way still isn't working. Tell Karen hi for me and you two have a nice Christmas.
    You and Mike have a good one, too!

James

"That Bongo is the Abe Vigoda of basses."
    - BP

"Don't play it if you don't feel it."
    - James Jamerson

I am the Heidi Fleiss of bass owners!

~James~

Thanks James! Yay it works the way you said. I have to check the "remember me" box first...then log in...then go down to active members...then right click & open on my name...and I''m online.

Blog Entries
    I'll look into the IE issue some more tomorrow. Hopping around the western seaboard till the end of the month. Which basically means I'm on vacation, not at home, or at work so I actually have access to Windows machines and IE In the meantime though I would highly recommend you IE users switch to Firefox. Not because of this issue specifically but because you're less likely to contract viruses, spyware and have your info phished, etc.. using Firefox. Outside of work my friends and family hound me to fix their computers. The first thing I tell them is if your gonna use Windows stop using IE. I prefer Firefox, but you can use Opera too.

I haven't tested IE 7 yet, well and probbaly never will, but that too is available these days. That might correct the issue too. IE 7 is the first substantial upgrade MS has made to their browser in 4 years or so other than patching security vulnerabilities.

If nothing else you IE users can step into the 21st century and enjoy tabbed browsing.