Everlast
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CodeMonkeys Treehouse

User Info Menu

JohnnyBoy info

Hi, probs experienced in trying to post reply to Bongo Diet thread, browser used is Microsoft Explorer. Hope it helps you fix.

User Info Menu

I just did two test posts to that thread. One using the normal "Post Reply" option, the other with the "Post Quick Reply" option.
    Both worked fine.

Are you still having problems in that thread?

Could of very well been me messing with the server too, and trying to figure out all the new features available to the forum members now.
    Last edited by Chewie; 05-06-2008 at 08:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Chewie

In the quick links - whos online, - initially we would be presented with a map of the world showing who was on line!

Not critical to the smooth running of a forum site I know, but has this map now disappeared for good?

Spud

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    Chewie

In the quick links - whos online, - initially we would be presented with a map of the world showing who was on line!

Not critical to the smooth running of a forum site I know, but has this map now disappeared for good?

Spud
    I haven't decided on that one yet. It's just disabled at the moment. Not sure yet if it works with vbulletin 3.7, perhaps increasses server load with extra queries to the mysql server too. Now that there is more social networking options, photo albums, profile enhancements, etc, on the forum I kind of figured I'd see how those affect performance first.
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/SLO%20Wookiee.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

User Info Menu

I was just browsing the site and i noticed -

http://www.ernieball.com/site/faq_guitar.php doesn't work.. Is there any other substitute link for this.. I just wanted to see the FAQs.. Thanks in advance

User Info Menu

guitar and bass faqs are on Ernie Ball Music Man F.A.Q.
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/SLO%20Wookiee.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Put your gamertag here too.</iframe>

User Info Menu

Forum Updates and some template issues

I just updated vbulletin to the latest version this morning. I also updated our SEO plugin.

I'm seeing some minor issues with the template after performing the update.

Bear with us while we get that squared away. Other than the aforementioned aesthetic issues, as far as I can tell everything else is working correctly.

Let me know if you guys notice anything else out of the ordinary or broken.

There also should be new features added going from vbulletin 3.74 to 3.82. I haven't looked myself to see what's new though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    I just updated vbulletin to the latest version this morning. I also updated our SEO plugin.

I'm seeing some minor issues with the template after performing the update.

Bear with us while we get that squared away. Other than the aforementioned aesthetic issues, as far as I can tell everything else is working correctly.

Let me know if you guys notice anything else out of the ordinary or broken.

There also should be new features added going from vbulletin 3.74 to 3.82. I haven't looked myself to see what's new though.
    Yes Chewie I have noticed a couple of problems related to the individual user's profile, i.e. if I click on my own username and look for my statistics first of all the display gets all messed up and corrupted and then I can't see the usual items such as find all posts by.... and find all threads by...

Also if I click on "about me" the displays gets overimposed with my signature over the text windows... looks a bit Savador Dali' I am sure you'll fix it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Grand Wazoo; 06-01-2009 at 10:44 AM.

User Info Menu

Ok I think all the template related issues have been resolved. I had to revert back to a stock vbulletin skin and then re-edit it to make it look like the newer forum skin that's been in use for the past several months here. Still waiting on the company that makes the SEO software for vbulletin to release their SEO'd skin for vbulletin 3.8+

As far as strictly vbulletin updates go....
    Looks like there are some cool updates to the social groups and it looks like all the social groups work again after the updates.

I haven't noticed anything else yet.

User Info Menu

The calendar is stuck in December 2009
    Have you got G.A.S. for another EBMM???
    Visit the all new
    https://DUBALDOMUSIC.com! <--- My Store --->DuBaldo Music on Facebook & on twitter
    Do you want to TRADE your used EBMM in for a NEW one? -- Email me for details!
    pete@dubaldomusic.com <--- My email
    www.YELLOW9.com <--- My band

User Info Menu

oops

Apparently I just created some db errors trying to export a copy to do a test upgrade from vb 3.8 to vb 4.... carry on. nothing more to see here.

Hopefully an upgrade will fix the calendar too.

User Info Menu

Can't seem to get the link from the gig bag to work.
    When I go to the "shop" if I click on the gigbag picture it doesn't take me to it - just thought you oughta know.
    Spud
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Some of us are having problems uploading photo to our albums and galleries. Any idea what's going on?

Link: http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...y-uploads.html

Thank you (past, present, and future).
    Last edited by DrKev; 03-23-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

Chewie,

In our general account settings, we have Date & Time options, for setting our own time zones, DST, and start of the week. Is there any way we could add date format too?

12/03/1999 - In the US, this is the 3rd of December. Most of the rest of the world would assume this is March 12, 1999.

It does get confusing sometimes and it would be nice if we could specify our own native format in our account settings. Failing that, could we simply include the month by name, rather by number?

Thanks again for all your work!
    Forum Moderator, Guitar Teacher and Guitar Tech, Folder of Underpants, Stubber of Toes.

Silhouette Special (2005 Buttercream Limited Edition)
    Cutlass HSS (2018 Roasted Special, Ivory White)

Forum Rules and Useful MM Guitar Info

Required reading - Forum Decorum

Ernie Ball Customer Service
    Music Man Customer Service

User Info Menu

chewie has left the building.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.