Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: Angels Add Teixiera

User Info Menu

Angels Add Teixiera

It seems the rich get richer, not only to The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have baseball's best record, they manage to pull of a coup and get a serious stud in Mark Teixeira for a steal.

Maybe I'm just old but I still catch myself calling them the California Angels.....
    NY Pug

User Info Menu

Scott Moreno strikes again.
    "Scott Moreno"

kevin is offline Ernie Ball Customer Service Senior Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PugNinjas View Post
    they manage to pull of a coup and get a serious stud in Mark Teixeira for a steal.
    I am a BIG Texeira fan and think he is the premier power switch hitter in MLB(unlike many switch hitters he has pop from both sides of the plate) with that said I must play a bit of devils advocate(and while i like the trade) Im not sure its a steal. Kotchman is going to be a stud 1B sooner than later and just like Texeira plays gold glove caliber defense. He won't ever hit 40+ bombs like Mark...but he will hit .300+ each year and(i think) drive in close to the same amount of runs in coming years. So the real question comes down to how long the Angels had Kotchman locked up for....if it was only another year then good deal. If they had him locked up at a minimum salary for 2, 3 or 4 years im not sure I'd be a huge fan of the trade. Tex will command a yearly salary in the 18-23 million dollar range. If Kotchman is making 3 million a year....I might like that bang for the buck better.

Angels are the favorites as of now....but Im not convinced Saunders arm wont start breaking down in September. If their starting pitching can keep pace they are golden!!
    A NEW ERA IS HERE!!! HUMM-BABY POR VIDA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I Tex will command a yearly salary in the 18-23 million dollar range. If Kotchman is making 3 million a year....I might like that bang for the buck better.
    I hear ya, Kotchamn is nice but to add Tex is a huge deal and will add some serious pop to your team which has quietly became the cream of the MLB crop.

I did read somewhere that Tex prefers not to discuss a deal until after the season, but you have to figure that a deep trip into the playoffs or Wrold Series might have him wanting to stay with the Angels.......then again isn't Boras his agent ?
    NY Pug

User Info Menu

?????hi.....????
    "The Los Angeles Angels" the famous words in the world
    support @ www.wbdigi.com
    support @ wbdigi.com

User Info Menu

The Atlanta Braves add Casey Kotchman

If Kotchman heats up and starts hitting well for us, like he was in Anaheim, it will ease the pain a little of losing Mark Teixiera.

But dont look for Tex to play in LA past this year and postseason.

The Yankees and Red Sox will have a bidding war against him in the off season, as he is a unrestricted free agent.

User Info Menu

Good to see Teixiera going to a team that's actually doing something.

The Yankees fan in the south,

Andrew
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

i like to think im mark texiera when im playing wiffle ball .
    Gear
    EBMM JP6 pearl red burst

and some words of advice
    Friends don't let friends buy peavey

User Info Menu

Wally Joyner is still the best 1st basemen in Angel history!!! In MLB history, actually...

Wally World 4-eva!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by x-ray View Post
    Wally Joyner is still the best 1st basemen in Angel history!!! In MLB history, actually...

Wally World 4-eva!
    I really don't know how to respond to that.......
    NY Pug

User Info Menu

And now Teixiera is a Yankee.
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

way current stankmaster
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.