EB Tone Squad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 is your year for?

User Info Menu

2009 is your year for?

After 2 ad a half years this stint, New Years eve was my last gig. Im sure that the old fingers will begin to itch once I have gotten over the fun of doing stuff of a weekend with the kids!!

I'm now determined to do a few things I've always wanted to do, no matter how scary.

1, Snowboarding. My first Sunday off my Son and I went, It was awful, I couldnt get back up when I fell over, after an hour of this, I decided it best to leave it to the experts and my son.

2.Lose weight and get healthy! 2 years ago I quite smoking and have piled on the pounds due to 2-3 gigs a week (too much beer) and bad diet. Im now on Atkins, determined to lose a lot of weight and change my eating habits for life. So far I have dropped 5lbs since New Years Eve.

3. Jump out of an aeroplane with a parachute strapped to my back. (Max weight is 15stone so I gotta lose atleast 4 stone. I'll then do a jump for charity.

4. 2009 is the year I have launched my own local magazine, determined to make that a huge success.

5. Get my sleep pattern sorted out, I sleep too little and then at the wrong times.

6. Learn to negotiate better and manage people better in business.

So there is my main 6, dunt seem a lot now its in writing, maybe I need to add some, maybe I'll see something you guys are planning and give it a try!
    Last edited by BigTony; 01-09-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: remembered some more stuff!
    PUNKmag on facebook

My Balls:

• FULLY LOADED AESTHETIC GOD JP6 MYSTIC DREAM - G37536 - BORN 17 OCTOBER 2007
    • NO NONSENSE RIP YA FACE OFF RADIANCE RED LUKE G35457 23rd APRIL 2007
    • A FRESH SET OF ERNIE BALL SUPER SLINKYS 9-42

User Info Menu

1. Expand my family

2. Focus more intently on the style of music I like and not waste time

3. Buy more balls!
    My name is Rob and I'm an AL-coholic!
    The MM90 AL is the most underrated axe on the planet!

I buy my balls from the number one EBMM dealer in Australia, the all round nice guy and legendary Colin!His website is www.guitarplanet.com.au Give him a call to order your balls!!!!!

User Info Menu

Good Thread!
    In no particular order....

1. Work hard at being a better Husband and Father

2. Work REALLY hard at being a better guitar player

3. Reduce my spending on Guitars amps fx etc.

4. Decorate/Re-model my house

5. Nurse my Car along

6. Get exercise (Ideally loose weight, but settle for tone ups!)

7. Try and be more tollerant.

8. Keep my job come the rebid in March......

Best of luck to all of you in your New year challenges..... The first 57 steps are the hardest!

SMELLY'S BALLS

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst
    G79080 - Silhouette Special HSS Tremolo joined the world in white May 19th, 2017

User Info Menu

1) Keep my job
    2) Move house
    3) Study more
    4) Get a bass playing gig (but learn how to play it first!!!)
    "this place would be a paradise tomorrow, if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun"

Monkey Likey

User Info Menu

1) im gonna get down to 12 min on the 3000 meter test run
    2) im gonna learn italian
    3) no more nailbiting (yeah right.. ive tried that for 20 years now... heheh)
    4) sell a bass before buying a new one (also yeah right.. hehe.. basses are not meant to be sold)

MrM

ps: does getting a markbass f series amp count?
    flats for the bongo!
    roundwounds for the fretless!

eb customer support:
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Telephone: +1 866-823-2255

trussrod adjustment:
    Click here for an image!
    less relief / flatter = lower action
    more relief / bow = higher action
    do NOT use cheap tools to adjust with. they break and scrape up your bass!

if you have a 100th namm sr4: the truss works the other way around on those!

i have no affiliation with eb other than i love their basses

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrMusashi View Post
    1) im gonna get down to 12 min on the 3000 meter test run
    2) im gonna learn italian
    3) no more nailbiting (yeah right.. ive tried that for 20 years now... heheh)
    4) sell a bass before buying a new one (also yeah right.. hehe.. basses are not meant to be sold)

MrM

ps: does getting a markbass f series amp count?
    I can do 3000 meters in about 15 minutes,.....12 minutes is pretty fast.....I'm not really much of a runner though,...more of a weightlifter body type.

User Info Menu

1) Receive my new SM-Y2D that's on order.
    2) Lose 15-20 pounds.
    3) Have my cramped loft remodeled into a real honest-to-goodness room, if it's not too expensive.
    4) Finally be able to play the Kid Charlemagne solo - that I have been practicing for a couple weeks, so far.
    5) Possibly retire early.
    Music Man's customer service is TERRIFIC!
    1st EBMM: 2008 Silhouette Special, Candy Red, HSS, trem, rosewood.
    2nd EBMM: (Sold) 2007 Luke, HSS, Black.
    3rd EBMM: 2008 Steve Morse Y2D, De-Purple Burst, trem, 500k ohm pots. Most beautiful guitar I have ever seen!

User Info Menu

1. play more bass!
    2. learn more music theory
    3. get at least 1 gig playing bass
    4. get at least 1 gig in front of the camera
    5. start learning piano
    6. rearrange my sleeping patterns
    7. play/practice bass at least 15 minutes everyday when I wake up before doing anything else
    MM SR5 HS Dargie Delight 1 of 15
    MM SR4 HH ltd. 2005 Buttercream 1 of 13
    Candy Apple Red Bongo 5 HH Fretless

User Info Menu

1) I would like to make an mini album with my second band InnerMynd;
    2) Be more activ, be in better shape and loose weight;
    3) Sleep more than 5 hours by night;
    4) I'm pretty interested by the 25th anniversary Axis
    BFR F1 Tobacco Burst DOB: 7/3/08 Quilted top, 6 strings
    20th Silo Caramel Burst DOB: 8/09/06 Quilted, Matching, Rosewood, Tremolo, no piezo
    Lado Classic Hawk Blue/Black, neck-through-body
    Laney prolinebacker PL100 Tween 2x12" 100watts
    Laney slant Cab 4x12"
    Vox TonelabSE
    Boss ME-5

Member of the highly exclusive 20thSOC

User Info Menu

1. Finally enjoy myself without worry. It is a "ME" year.
    2. Get a new bass....not sure which one yet.
    3. Adjust to my new job which is wonderful so far.
    4. Be nice to someone daily.
    5. Continue playing and recording in my band. I love playing shows!
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

1. get a new bass (Bongo 5HHp - check!) to see if the grass is greener on the Bongo side
    2. avoid new year's resolutions and stick to what I do best - check!
    3. try and spend more time with friends & family rather than ships and crew!
    4. always be good to everyone

User Info Menu

it's a toughie but. I'ts all gonna be heavy duty stuff, but i gotta do it

1. loose weight (recent gig photo's have been pretty bad, so looking to get down from 16 stone to around 13)

2. reduce my debt

3. if no.2's successfull, then move out

4. try not to let myself get soo run down i end up in the pit of depression. it aint fun, especially when life feels so pointless and futile you want to throw yourself off a bridge, and it feels worse when you know you don't have the nerve to actually do it.

5. this being single lark isn't all it's cut out to be, so i should probably try rectify that one too

6. Push my band Vantage Point more. more gigs, gigs where we've never played before, and try get the name out there more

User Info Menu

C'mon fella,
    it's not that bad, you do have one of the finer guitar collections in the central belt, and you're selling yourself short, between VP, Maiden Scotland, Junior priest - you're quite the z list celeb

Hang in there- you'll be just fine.

And remember the 'Highland Retreat' to free your mind and laugh at your old pal smelly trying to drink 3 beers is always available! - step away from the rat race and come up to the garden (OK freezer) of eden!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    it's a toughie but. I'ts all gonna be heavy duty stuff, but i gotta do it

1. loose weight (recent gig photo's have been pretty bad, so looking to get down from 16 stone to around 13)

2. reduce my debt

3. if no.2's successfull, then move out

4. try not to let myself get soo run down i end up in the pit of depression. it aint fun, especially when life feels so pointless and futile you want to throw yourself off a bridge, and it feels worse when you know you don't have the nerve to actually do it.

5. this being single lark isn't all it's cut out to be, so i should probably try rectify that one too

6. Push my band Vantage Point more. more gigs, gigs where we've never played before, and try get the name out there more
    Last edited by Smellybum; 01-19-2009 at 11:19 AM.

SMELLY'S BALLS

G50887 - This Albert Lee HH was completed on August 13th, 2010. 1 off- Lake Placid Blue
    N00363 - This Armada was completed on September 27th, 2013. Mint Green
    G47271 - This 25th Anniversary HH was completed on April 27th, 2009. Venetian Redburst
    G79080 - Silhouette Special HSS Tremolo joined the world in white May 19th, 2017

User Info Menu

First time I've actually thought these through, good timing....

1. Be the best dad and husband I can be
    2. Work out more, ride my mountain bike more
    3. Replace my Strat with another Silo
    4. Learn how to use all that expensive recording/mixing/mastering software on my pc
    5. Start a new web-based business
    6. Start planning for a major career change (I'm burned out)
    '08 Silhouette Special - Carbon Blue Pearl
    '16 Cutlass - Ivory White

Red Star Guitars
    www.redstarguitars.com

User Info Menu

hey all , for me , 2009 it's a new year like every year ! lol

1. to be maried with my girl friend
    2. Expand my guitarplay.
    3. Work more like 2008.
    4. have a lot of fun and more sex ... yeahhhh ...
    5. Met again steve lucifer !!! heuuuu luktaher

bless you all my musicman friend