Strap Blocks

Thread: What is the preferred acoustic brand for music man enthusiasts?

User Info Menu

What is the preferred acoustic brand for music man enthusiasts?

Like the title says. I have a taylor but like Martin's with the smaller nut.
    GUITARS
    Blueberry Luke III HH BFR
    Bahama Luke 2 BFR
    Shadow gold luke III BFR

User Info Menu

I have two Taylor’s. An 814ce and a GS Mini. I guess that makes me a Taylor guy although I wouldn’t mind a nice Martin.

User Info Menu

I very rarely pick up an acoustic, but I have a koa Taylor that I love. I seem to be drawn to Taylors. I like the playability even though Martins arguably sound a little fuller.

That said, I also have a Mitchell MX400 that I paid $200 for. It's a gorgeous burl ash, and I like it almost as much as the Taylor, which cost considerably more.
    My stuff:
    2007 Axis Pacific Blue Burst (9/25/07)
    2016 Axis SS Starry Night PDN (11/23/16)
    2016 Axis SS Semi-Hollow Trans Teal one-off (6/8/16)
    2018 Axis BFR Steel Blue No. 45 (9/18/18)
    2010 JP6 Mystic Dream (6/22/10)
    1989 Fender HM Strat HSS Blackstone
    2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe Caribbean Night
    1995 Washburn N2 Padauk Stain
    2017 Taylor 224ce-K DLX Koa
    SBMM JP70 Trans Purpleburst
    SBMM S.U.B. SB4 Black

http://mountainkingmusic.com
    http://spychocyco.blogspot.com

User Info Menu

Although I've owned my fair share, I've come to the conclusion that I actually hate steel string acoustics and sold my last one. I much prefer Classical/Flamenco (although I'm not good at either style.. I just like the feel and sound). The same rules apply for steel string. Try not to skimp and buy something with too many laminate pieces (I don't think the sides matter as much as others).

User Info Menu

For me i've always been a Taylor guy. Love playing the GS mini model, it sounds great and offers a lot for me even at it's inexpensive pricepoint.

JP6 Pearl Red.
    JP6 BFR Bahama Blue.
    "Music Man guitars = the world's best."

User Info Menu

I play a Martin 000 series, and I'd love to have a Collings, too.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Just to add.. I said I hated steel string above, but I think I should clarify that don't really mean that I dislike songs done on them or what other people play. I enjoy them, as a listener. It's almost impossible to not like some acoustic playing. I only meant that I don't enjoy them from my personal standpoint as a player, in terms of comfort and feel. I just think they're tough on anything except strumming/rhythm/flatpicking. And if I put thin strings on, then people laugh at me