The Vault

Thread: Stereo to mono with VP6165?

User Info Menu

Stereo to mono with VP6165?

I have a stereo ES-345 and am looking for a way to easily use it as a mono instrument without "de-vintaging" it. Will the 6165 work for this if I plug a TRS cable from the 345 into input B and use output A to feed my signal chain?

User Info Menu

Hi GvDub and welcome to the forum. I use a 6165 pedal and have a thread on it here.
    6165 Stereo Pan pedal -all options are listed here

Check it out to see if it answers your query?

Spud

(vDub huh! - any reference to the good ol' KdF wagon (beetle) - missing my '54 Oval)
    Black Cherry Burst Albert Lee , SSS,Trem & Piezo 2005
    Black LE Albert Lee MM90,Trem 2006 with solid 9k gold knobs;Mesa F50 Combo; Original (owned from new)Marshall 25/50 Silver Jubilee signed by Jim;AER 60 ;WEM Clubman 5W;Musicman RP 65 112;Musicman RD 50 112:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spudmurphy View Post
    (vDub huh! - any reference to the good ol' KdF wagon (beetle) - missing my '54 Oval)
    Actually, it's shorthand for my initials, GVW. But, having those initials, I grew up with a lot of VW jokes. Hope the rumors that they're bringing back the Vanagon as an electric vehicle are true.

Thanks. Looks like it may do the job, though I may have to do some playing with the phase as the stereo Varitone on the ES-345 puts the pickups out of phase with each other. Have to see if I can get my hands on one to check before making a purchase.