EBMM Stingray bass blue

Thread: Quick question about Ernie Ball Strap Locks

User Info Menu

Quick question about Ernie Ball Strap Locks

Hi,
    I own an Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice bass. I just want to know if the screws on the Ernie Ball Strap Locks match the existing screws of my bass.
    Thanks.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

They are probably a bit shorter because of how the screw sits in the strap button. That’s how it is with the guitar buttons, at least. If you use the factory screws with the strap lock buttons, the screw will go 3/16” or so deeper into the body, maybe deeper than the pilot hole.
    ---------------
    Hunter Hayes Cutlass in Lake Tahoe Blue
    Valentine BFR in Three-tone Burst
    Luke 3 HH in Starry Night
    Valentine in Trans Maroon
    Reflex Game Changer HSH with Piezo

User Info Menu

Thanks.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

What would be great is being able to buy just the buttons by them self. I’ve got three sets of “spare/back up” locks in reserve ....

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

I've solved the problem taking a different route. I bought one of these:
    Quick question about Ernie Ball Strap Locks-ebplwstrap-jpg
    It's the wide neoprene model, and it's available in just one lenght. I needed to modify mine because it was too long for me, but it's perfect and works with all my instruments.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrMatthewCross View Post
    I've solved the problem taking a different route. I bought one of these:
    Quick question about Ernie Ball Strap Locks-ebplwstrap-jpg
    It's the wide neoprene model, and it's available in just one lenght. I needed to modify mine because it was too long for me, but it's perfect and works with all my instruments.
    That would save a lot of messing about apart from I’m in too deep with the super locks. New bass vs the price of a set of Super Locks even if it’s just for the buttons. What I should really do is have more than two straps, even though I only use the one as it is

User Info Menu

I always used one strap (black) for all my instruments. I have Mono strap as backup which is very comfortable and I secure it on my basses with beer washers. I think I'll use this Polylock from now on, it's comfortable and easy to put and remove.
    I can't understand why they did the wide neoprene model so long, it's crazy. I'm 175 centimeters tall, I was just trying to have it approximately at the same height when sitting down, but it was WAY longer. It worked for a while but I started feeling some pain the the left wrist, so I modified it.
    I love Red Paint.

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I own an Ernie Ball Music Man Caprice bass. I just want to know if the screws on the Ernie Ball Strap Locks match the existing screws of my bass.
    Thanks.
    Hi there,
    We recommend using the screws that came with the strap locks. They should be the right size for your bass.

User Info Menu

Thanks.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

I always used one strap (black) for all my instruments. I have Mono strap as backup which is very comfortable and I secure it on my basses with beer washers. I think I'll use this Polylock from now on, it's comfortable and easy to put and remove.
    I can't understand why they did the wide neoprene model so long, it's crazy. I'm 175 centimeters tall, I was just trying to have it approximately at the same height when sitting down, but it was WAY longer. It worked for a while but I started feeling some pain the the left wrist, so I modified it.
    Very strange it’s not adjustable.
    I’ve had the same two straps for as long as I can remember, they are both custom made leather. (One all black and one red/burgundy and black). I have them set few inches lower than seated position.
    Just ordered a new set of locks as well, it’s only fair

User Info Menu

The Polylock strap is pretty genius. I have one I use all the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by danny-79 View Post
    Very strange it’s not adjustable.
    I’ve had the same two straps for as long as I can remember, they are both custom made leather. (One all black and one red/burgundy and black). I have them set few inches lower than seated position.
    Just ordered a new set of locks as well, it’s only fair
    It IS adjustable, never said it wasn't. The problem is that in its higher setting it's still too low for me, and like I said I'm 175 centimeters tall. I'd say average height.
    I love Red Paint.

User Info Menu

It IS adjustable, never said it wasn't. The problem is that in its higher setting it's still too low for me, and like I said I'm 175 centimeters tall. I'd say average height.
    I got you, sorry misunderstood what you said. You can’t get it short enough even on it’s shortest setting, I understand now

User Info Menu

English isn't my native language, so it's possible that I wasn't very clear. The strap is fine now and works great.
    I love Red Paint.