Not electric until you plug it in

Thread: Which stereo volume pedal?

User Info Menu

Which stereo volume pedal?

Hello! So I play bass. Rickenbacker 4003. I run into my board mono, then split the signal into two paths. One into a loop switcher and a ton of pedals. The other into 1 pedal, boss OD. both paths go into my ampeg V4B (2 channels) head. I currently run the VP junior mono volume before I split the signal. the problem I'm having is when some of the pedals are engaged and I go volume down, I still get noise from the pedals. I'm thinking of running the stereo pedal at the end of my board before my head. I'm not sure if I need the 25k or 500k pedal. The Rik is passive, but I also play a carvin with active electronics.

Thanks for the help.....Which stereo volume pedal?-083019-jpg

Daniel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcroxford View Post
    Hello! So I play bass. Rickenbacker 4003. I run into my board mono, then split the signal into two paths. One into a loop switcher and a ton of pedals. The other into 1 pedal, boss OD. both paths go into my ampeg V4B (2 channels) head. I currently run the VP junior mono volume before I split the signal. the problem I'm having is when some of the pedals are engaged and I go volume down, I still get noise from the pedals. I'm thinking of running the stereo pedal at the end of my board before my head. I'm not sure if I need the 25k or 500k pedal. The Rik is passive, but I also play a carvin with active electronics.

Thanks for the help.....Which stereo volume pedal?-083019-jpg
    Hi there,
    Your best bet may be to run either an MVP pedal, which you can find here: Volume Pedals | Ernie Ball
    Or, to wait for the VPJR tuner pedal to come out this winter. Both of those pedals with let you run passive and active electronics.