Majesty New Colors 2021
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide

User Info Menu

Here are my 2008 sequoia gold and 2012 gilded white (the neck is painted white too!) limited editions. Also attached is my 'blue' Stingray Classic5 from 2010. Does anyone know the proper name of this finish?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-gouden-duo-jpg   What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-1-jpg  

User Info Menu

Pretty sure the blue is "Powder Blue",

User Info Menu

Where do you find a real white bongo bass around?

User Info Menu

Metal Flake Brown

What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-7a229cc593c86bc62a8ee54cdaa2d47be50132-jpg

What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-79ba350067cc70b10dd5055057a34a8d9e54c9-jpg

What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-7629c01aeed1bf117385e0ea7fa49df70e0785-jpg

What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-2020-08-04-12-46-22-jpg
    Last edited by Gen Hashiba; 08-12-2020 at 01:11 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gen Hashiba View Post
    Metal Flake Brown
    Hi Gen. I think it was you who I spoke with the other day. Welcome to the Forum!

User Info Menu

Hello, Rod
    Thank you for your comment.
    I look forward to working with you.
    This Brown Stingray is awesome.

User Info Menu

What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide-mm-jpg

a friend is looking for this color, anybody know? sorry if it's already been posted here.

*edit: it's trans amber
    Last edited by itsratso; 09-11-2020 at 08:44 AM.
    Bongo 4H in firemist gold
    SBMM short scale stingray 4H in daphne blue

User Info Menu

The EBMM colour policy is just frustrating. Last year they offered my dream bass - the Sterling 4HH in Firemist Purple.

Now I have the money but this and all other Firemist colours are discontinued.

Why do they offer colours just for a year and then discontinue them? Do they want to disappoint their customers on purpose?

This really makes me angry. That wasn't a special limited run. The Sterling 4HH is a standard product in their catalogue and I dont believe that they can not mix Firemist Purple in their spraying booth anymore.
    Last edited by DanTM; 06-08-2021 at 01:49 PM.

User Info Menu

I still have my Mary Kay 5 string with rosewood neck ! Like new ...sounds like it's very rare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanTM View Post
    Why do they offer colours just for a year and then discontinue them? Do they want to disappoint their customers on purpose?
    Well, that's certainly one way to look at it, isn't it?

If a color is popular and sells nicely, it will probably remain in the line-up. I, possibly like you, happen to enjoy the oddball or garish, gaudy finishes. Unfortunately for folks like us, the vast majority of the bass buying public likes stuff like....black. Or natural. Or sunburst. Red seems really out there to them.

I mean, I have an orange sparkle Albert Lee guitar and an Emerald Green Sparkle Bongo. Pretty sure I can't be trusted to have input on next year's color schemes.

So it sucks when a color you wanted goes extinct, but we can be pretty sure that a new interesting color will show up every January at NAMM. Meanwhile, there is the used market.

Sorry about your purple firemist, though.

Jack