Ernie Ball Cables
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What Colour is this? or EBMM Bass Finishes Guide

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dustmite
    some nice black cherryburst pics in this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ernie-Ball-Music...QQcmdZViewItem
    Thats actually Burnt Apple. Black cherryburst is a trans color I believe.
    Yikes, its been so long since I updated my profile, there was still a Myspace link in my signature.

User Info Menu

Ah, my bad. Silly me to assume the seller knows what he has
    Stingray 4H - Black Sparkle, rosewood, matching headstock - DOB 5/9/02 (sold)
    Bongo 4H - Candy Red - DOB 5/24/06
    Big Al 4 H Black, Completely Rosewood Neck, Black Pickguard - DOB 01/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The lovely thing about the single H Bongo is it's point-and-shoot simplicity while still maintaining the ability to blow over large vehicles full of campers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by smallequestrian
    Well, some Radiance Red is Ltd and some are not. The one in the pic is Ltd, but anybody can order a Radiance Red right now, so its kinda complicated.
    i'm pretty sure that if it has a black headstock its limited and they're not running them with the limited edition headstock/neckplate any more

User Info Menu

I'd put Radiance Red in both sections, since it started out as a limited color and is now a standard color.

Glenn |B)
    Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]
    Albert Lee HH in Black Sugar (Hartail) [1/06/2011] [BFR]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Silhouette Special SSS in Fuschia Sparkle (Hardtail) [1/01/2002] [1 of a kind from CLB]
    Silhouette Special HSS in Gold Sparkle (Hardtail) [7/12/2002] [Made for Matchbox 20]
    Albert Lee 3 MM90's in White Sparkle (Hardtail) [8/14/2001] [Just pure awesomeness]

Like BP said in the Chapman video "You've got a room full of guitars, and no money!!"

User Info Menu

Updated:
    Added: Metal Flake Brown, Fritz the Cat
    New pics: Teal Pearl, Pacific Blueburst, Rolls Burgundy, Pearl Blue
    Yikes, its been so long since I updated my profile, there was still a Myspace link in my signature.

User Info Menu

Updated:
    Added: Tobacco Sunburst
    New Pics: Pearl Blue

User Info Menu

Dude, you really should add Radiance Red to the LE section, that's where it started out.

Also, here a good picture of Gremlin Green:
    http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/Gea...px?Item=835800

Also you forgot about Luke Blue?? TThat would be a Solid Finish.

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

Updated:
    Added: Las Vegas Gold, Fuschia Sparkle
    New Pics: Glacial Blue Sparkle, Lava Pearl, White Sparkle, Cherryburst, Envy Green, Graphite Pearl, Autumn Redbusrt, Black Cherryburst and Blue Dawn

User Info Menu

Here's a good example of Black Sparkle.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...ight=music+man

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

This is a great resource, and thanks for taking the time and effort to put this collection together and for maintaining it.

That said I do have a small suggestion. For most colours, you have just the one pickguard variation shown. I wonder if there would be value in adding additional photos of different pickguard combos so that people can see how a particular finish color looks with different pickguards. For example, for black you only have a pearloid pickguard pictured, when you could also include pics of tort or black pickguarded black instruments as well. We do get a lot of questions from people asking how their bass might look with a different pickguard, so perhaps doing so would be useful?

For starters, you could grab my Rolls Burgundy/Tort bongo pic and my Black/Tort and Black/Black stingray pics and add them to the Rolls and Black pages respectively.

Just a thought
    Cheers
    Mark

2009 black/tort Big Al 4 SSS

My bands -
    Richard Madden band
    The Australian Rolling Stones Show
    The Volts
    Doors Alive

User Info Menu

[/QUOTE]

These finishes are beautiful like candy. Makes me want to lick them.

User Info Menu

Lisa, I'm sure that Ernie would let you do that for a price

They are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn |B)

User Info Menu

you should include pics of all the diff picguards as well...that would be awsome so people can see when ordering cause the website's lil thing sucks!

User Info Menu

I think the websites thing is okay, except it doesnt have most of the nice finishs working.
    1997 Sterling black/black/maple
    1992 Stingray Fretless 2eq trans teal/black
    Epifani PS600
    Epifani UL310