Page 12 of 1007 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Man Serial Number Database

User Info Menu

Hi Beth.

Would you have DOBs for these two SR5s:

E23324 and E39028.

User Info Menu

Hi Rod,

No prob! The Natural one with a maple neck (E23324) was born on 15 May, 2001 and the Black one (E39028) was born on 20 January 2004. Enjoy!

Happy Holidays everyone!
    -Beth
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

THanks Beth

User Info Menu

Beth...I forgot these two SR4s:

E22882 and 40281.

Appreciated

User Info Menu

Serial Number

Hello,newbie here, i would like to register my serial number on the your data base
    C004883:Lefthanded 79' Sabre,Blk with maple 3bolt neck.

thanks

User Info Menu

Will do and welcome to the Forum.

User Info Menu

Bongo 5 HH Stealth, S/N F13667, DOB 12/20/05, 9.5lbs

User Info Menu

DOB of my MM

Hi Guys, I'm new here. I own a MMStingray4 which as per claimed by the previous owner a 1983 product. The serial no is 28072 if I'm correct as the one that I saw at the bridge. Tried to locate the actual DOB but couldn't find it. Hope you guys can help me out me out in this area... Thanks a lot

User Info Menu

Hi.

Welcome to the Forum.

All Pre-EB Basses have serial numbers prefixed with a "B".

The serials for Pre-EB Basses and Ernie Ball Basses will be on the bridge for that era.

If you've recorded the serial correctly, my reckoning is that your Bass dates to first half of 1989 (it could be a 1988 though).

When Derek and Beth get back, they'll be able to do a positive confirmation for you.

If it turns out to be an early EB Bass, then, IMO, you have a very desirable instrument.

Good luck.

User Info Menu

Hi Rod,

Thank you for being so patient with me over the holidays with the serial #'s. Here's the DOB's of the ones you asked about on the last page:

E22882 - This StingRay in Natural finish with a rosewood neck and black pickguard was born on 5 June 2001 in the factory in San Luis Obispo, CA and was originally sold to Washington Music Center/Chuck Levin's in Wheaton, MD.

40281 - This StingRay in Translucent Red with a maple neck was born on 1 April 1994 in the factory in San Luis Obispo, CA and was originally sold to Musik Meyer GmbH, our distributor for Germany.

Enjoy!
    -Beth
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Hi Rod,

appreciate the info you gave thanks alot. I have checked and confirmed the serial no is 28072 without any perfix. By the way, here's a brief description of my MM; A buttercream body with a bird's eye maple neck and fret. Will post you the photo once I have it for better verification... Thanks again

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by about_time
    Hi Rod,

appreciate the info you gave thanks alot. I have checked and confirmed the serial no is 28072 without any perfix. By the way, here's a brief description of my MM; A buttercream body with a bird's eye maple neck and fret. Will post you the photo once I have it for better verification... Thanks again
    Life without music is like without a Life

User Info Menu

Hi About Time,

When I check this serial number in our database, it relates to a StingRay in Blueburst built in 1989 and originally sold to Swee Lee, an old distributor of ours in Singapore. I have a feeling that either someone altered the body finish after-market or the neckplate is not original. If you post pics, we could tell better what is going on with it.

-Beth
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dustmite
    Hey Beth,

E30776 - I think it's somewhere 5/02, but if you've got more on it, i.e., day, and who it was sold to originally, that would be keen!
    I get no love from Beth
    Stingray 4H - Black Sparkle, rosewood, matching headstock - DOB 5/9/02 (sold)
    Bongo 4H - Candy Red - DOB 5/24/06
    Big Al 4 H Black, Completely Rosewood Neck, Black Pickguard - DOB 01/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The lovely thing about the single H Bongo is it's point-and-shoot simplicity while still maintaining the ability to blow over large vehicles full of campers.

User Info Menu

Hi Fuzzy!

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post. Must be all the turkey on my brain, hahahah!

Your StingRay in Black Sparkle with a matching rosewood neck and black pickguard was born on 9 May, 2002 in the factory in San Luis Obispo and was originally sold to The Bass Place in Tempe, AZ. Enjoy!!

-Beth
    carpe diem