Ready to Roar
Page 14 of 1007 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Man Serial Number Database

User Info Menu

SR5 HH, Ltd Ed Buttercream, Maple fingerboard, Matching HS, Shell PG, S/N E49931, DOB 12/27/05, 10.0 lbs.

MORE PICS HERE

User Info Menu

Another Sabre to add on the list:

C003441

Neck 24 Aug 1979. Body 27 Aug 1979. Sunburst with Maple. Black pg

Regarding Stingray #B006775

It's listed, but I have more accurate date info:

Neck 31 Oct 1978. Body 27 Sep 1978.
    my band The Madeira - original, authentic surf rock

User Info Menu

SR5 HH, Ltd Ed Buttercream, Rosewood fingerboard, Matching HS, Shell PG, S/N E50341, DOB 12/19/05, 9.8 lbs.

More Pics Here

User Info Menu

Has Ms. Beth retired?

Andrew
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Stankface
    Could I get the info on E23959 please?

Andrew
    Hi Andrew,

Nah, haven't retired. Just trying to play catch up in my other, much less important job at Ernie Ball, which is looking after about half of the sales here...

This Sting Ray in Black Sparkle (woo hoo!) with a maple matching neck and black pickguard was born on 13 December 2000 in the factory in SLO and was originally sold to Guitar Center in Arlington Heights, IL. Enjoy!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
    -Beth
    Last edited by Beth; 01-04-2006 at 02:59 PM.
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Beth
    Hi Andrew,

Nah, haven't retired. Just trying to play catch up in my other, much less important job at Ernie Ball, which is looking after about half of the sales here...

This Sting Ray in Black Sparkle (woo hoo!) with a maple matching neck and black pickguard was born on 13 December 2000 in the factory in SLO and was originally sold to Guitar Center in Arlington Heights, IL. Enjoy!

-Beth
    Beth,

You're the man!!

Er... woman. You know what I mean.

Andrew
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Stankface
    Beth,

You're the man!!

Er... woman. You know what I mean.

Andrew

*giggle*
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Hi Andrew,

-Beth

She is so good!!!
    '05 Sting Ray Honeyburst
    '05 Sting Ray Natural (on order)
    Ampeg SVT 1000
    Ampeg 810e

User Info Menu

Okay, Here's mine ...

Bongo, S/N F09540

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool Noob
    Bongo, S/N F09540

Thanks!
    Hi Noob,

Your Bongo in Graphite Pearl with a black ice pickguard was born on 26 February 2004 in the factory in San Luis Obispo, CA and was originally sold to Bass Central in Fern Park, FL. Enjoy!!

-Beth
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Hi Noob,

Your Bongo in Graphite Pearl with a black ice pickguard was born on 26 February 2004 in the factory in San Luis Obispo, CA and was originally sold to Bass Central in Fern Park, FL. Enjoy!!

-Beth
    Beth -

Thank you, Milady ...

<<<<bowing gallantly>>>

... You Rock!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdc
    Hi
    Do you have info on my Stingray family please - SR4s 28962 and B023734, and SR5 50417.
    Much appreciated
    Hi Beth, think you may have missed this request? If you can provide any info that would be great.

Thanks
    mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mdc
    Hi Beth, think you may have missed this request? If you can provide any info that would be great.

Thanks
    Hi Mike,

Sorry about that, we've all been really busy due to the NAMM crunch. Only 2 weeks away now!

28962 is a StingRay 2EQ in Natural finish with a maple neck and it was born on 7 August, 1989 in the factory in SLO and was originally sold to Strings and Things, our distributor for the UK.

B023734 is a pre-Ernie Ball instrument. Unfortunately, when Ernie Ball bought the Music Man company in 1984, there were no serial number records included in the sale, so the only thing that we can say is that the instrument was built in or prior to 1984.

50417 is a StingRay 5 in Translucent Red with a rosewood neck and was born on 7 February 1989 in the factory in SLO and was originally sold to Strings and Things as well. Strings and Things is still our exclusive distributor for the UK.

Are all of these pieces yours? Sounds like you've got some beauties, enjoy!!

-Beth
    carpe diem

User Info Menu

Thanks for that, Beth.

B023734 has an Ernie Ball logo, so I think it must be from the 'using up the old bits' era.

Yes, they're mine and I use 'em all regularly!

Just got another as well, an SR5 number 55459, if you get a moment...

Thanks again and good luck with NAMM
    mike

User Info Menu

Hi Mike,

Nice collection!

Hmm... I've never heard of us using old serial numbers to put on Ernie Ball/Music Man instruments. Perhaps a replacement neck was made for it at one point.

The 5-stringer in Natural with a rosewood neck with serial #55459 was born on 21 September 1994 in the factory in SLO and was originally sold to Bills Music House in Baltimore, Maryland.

Cheers!
    -Beth
    carpe diem