Not electric until you plug it in
Page 154 of 1007 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 15100

Thread: Music Man Serial Number Database

User Info Menu

hahaha oops

hahah my bad,
    Serial #F15985

Haha sorry bought that.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captainachab View Post
    Hallo from Italy!
    I recently purchased a superb beauty: stingray H 4 string trans red !
    Finally the ray is mine ( I waited this baby more than ten years!)
    Can you tell me please something more about my favourite boy?
    Serial n. is : E 63285
    Thank you!
    Andrea
    Andrea, a great bass is worth the wait! Your bass was completed on 10/16/2007.

Dan
    About halfway between SF and LA lies the sleepy hamlet of SLOville -

"I love the smell of polyester clearcoat in the morning!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdemkow View Post
    5Stringer,

Can I get the DOB of a SR4 serial B027084? Thanks so much!!!

-Glenn
    Glenn, unfortunately we have no records for that bass. Judging from the number, it looks like it is a late pre-EBMM or an early EBMM. You might check Rod Trussbroken's website: Home - Musicmanbass.org, Music Man, Musicman, Music Man Bass, Musicman Bass, Music Man Guitar (official disclaimer this is not an official EBMM website and not monitored or maintained by Ernie Ball Music Man or its employees)

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 5Stringer View Post
    Andrea, a great bass is worth the wait! Your bass was completed on 10/16/2007.

Dan
    For sure, the best bass I've ever played, and I'm still discovering his full potential with both the bands I'm playing with (eighties covers and a tribute to the boss!)
    Thanks a lot, Dan, and please say "ciao" to Sterling!
    Andrea
    Last edited by captainachab; 05-15-2008 at 07:16 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gormr View Post
    Hi!

I recently bought Stingray 5, trans red.

Serial: 52406

My serial was printed on the bridge. Is it right to find it there ? (I don't have knowledge about music man basses)
    Gormr, yes, we used to put the serial numbers on the bridge until about 10-11 years ago - we then switched to using the neckplate as the serial number location.

Your Trans Red/Maple StingRay 5 shipped out on 04/11/91.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    hahah my bad,
    Serial #F15985

Haha sorry bought that.
    Sean, that's better - your bass was completed on 2/22/07.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captainachab View Post
    For sure, the best bass I've ever played, and I'm still discovering his full potential with both the bands I'm playing with (eighties covers and a tribute to the boss!)
    Thanks a lot, Dan, and please say "ciao" to Sterling!
    Andrea
    absolutely - though he is Japan right now - check this thread: http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...an-photos.html

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 5Stringer View Post
    Glenn, unfortunately we have no records for that bass. Judging from the number, it looks like it is a late pre-EBMM or an early EBMM. You might check Rod Trussbroken's website: Home - Musicmanbass.org, Music Man, Musicman, Music Man Bass, Musicman Bass, Music Man Guitar (official disclaimer this is not an official EBMM website and not monitored or maintained by Ernie Ball Music Man or its employees)

Dan
    Thanks Dan! I did look at that website and, if I am figuring it out correctly, I would have guessed this would have been from the second half of 1988. Which I would have thought you had records for since that is obviously post EB...albeit not by a ton of years. Here are the 2 basses before and after mine on the site in the EB section...

B027046...Neck 31 Oct 1988. Body Date Oct 1988. Trans Blueburst with Rosewood. Black pg. 2 Band EQ.
    B027064...Purchased April 1989. Trans Red with Rosewood. Black pg. New solid Black headstock logo. 2 Band EQ.
    B027099...Neck 13 Jul 1988. Body 7 Jul 1988. Black with Rosewood (or Pau Ferro). Birds Eye Maple Neck. FRETLESS. Black pg. 2 Band EQ. Bridge as in B023230 bridge pic. This Bass is an example one of the first to have new EB headstock logo introduced in 1988. (as opposed to the trans logo).
    B027180...Owner believes 1988. Black. Fretless. Hollow string saddles. New solid Black headstock logo.

But that just gives a general idea. I was hoping to get the DOB. But if it not in the records I guess it is not in the records. I am also unsure as to how far back you can go.

Thanks for your help Dan!

-Glenn

User Info Menu

Glenn, yes, it appears all the early records were lost somehow ... I wish that were not the case, but it is! The early EBMM StingRays used a lot of the existing inventory purchased from the old MM company, including the bridges, which accounts for their somewhat sequential order from the pre-EB StingRays. We do have some records that date back to 1988, but your bass was not among them.

Dan
    Last edited by 5Stringer; 05-19-2008 at 10:02 AM. Reason: more info added

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gdemkow View Post
    Thanks Dan! I did look at that website and, if I am figuring it out correctly, I would have guessed this would have been from the second half of 1988. Which I would have thought you had records for since that is obviously post EB...albeit not by a ton of years. Here are the 2 basses before and after mine on the site in the EB section...

B027046...Neck 31 Oct 1988. Body Date Oct 1988. Trans Blueburst with Rosewood. Black pg. 2 Band EQ.
    B027064...Purchased April 1989. Trans Red with Rosewood. Black pg. New solid Black headstock logo. 2 Band EQ.
    B027099...Neck 13 Jul 1988. Body 7 Jul 1988. Black with Rosewood (or Pau Ferro). Birds Eye Maple Neck. FRETLESS. Black pg. 2 Band EQ. Bridge as in B023230 bridge pic. This Bass is an example one of the first to have new EB headstock logo introduced in 1988. (as opposed to the trans logo).
    B027180...Owner believes 1988. Black. Fretless. Hollow string saddles. New solid Black headstock logo.

But that just gives a general idea. I was hoping to get the DOB. But if it not in the records I guess it is not in the records. I am also unsure as to how far back you can go.

Thanks for your help Dan!

-Glenn
    Welcome to the Forum Glenn.

Dates can be found on the neck heel and in neck pocket on the body but the neck has to be removed to view them. If you don't want to do this then you may find a sticker on the back of one of the pre-amp pots with a date. That is the date of the pre-amp only and not your Bass...but it will put you in the ball park. Pots are also code-dated eg "1378622". The 4th and 5th digit give the year and the last two digits give the week of the year. "1378622" will be a pot made during the 22nd week of 1986. As this is only the date of the pot it should at least give you a not-before date for the manufacture of your Bass.

This may also help: Rear decals ("Made in San Luis Obispo...") were introduced in 1987. The B0xxxxx" serial were gone by the end of 1988.
    Last edited by Rod Trussbroken; 05-16-2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: data correction

User Info Menu

Used fretless Sterling 4, excellent condition

I will eventually be posting pictures of my (now) 2 MusicMan basses in short order!

Sterling 4, fretless with lines, Vintage (3-tone) sunburst with matching headstock, tortoiseshell pickguard.

Serial number F03534

This thing sounds amazing!

User Info Menu

Looking for DOB on 2 bases. The first bass is black and maple 1978 preEB MM SR4 serial #B007195. The second if a blonde 2008 EB MM SR4 HH serial# E52561. I know from previous posts that most of the pre EB records are not entact BUT I thought I'd try anywhy.

User Info Menu

I can't anything on my TEAL PEARL BONGO 5 HH

Ser # F13794

Any clues would be fantastic
    www.myspace.com/drnicktheband

Markbass LMII
    Markbass 104HF
    2005 Bongo 5HH Teal Pearl ( 29/08/05 to be exact )

keep it tight!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by iamcatwarrior View Post
    I will eventually be posting pictures of my (now) 2 MusicMan basses in short order!

Sterling 4, fretless with lines, Vintage (3-tone) sunburst with matching headstock, tortoiseshell pickguard.

Serial number F03534

This thing sounds amazing!
    iam, your superb Sterling was completed on 2/13/01. nice. ...

Dan

User Info Menu

Serial B03758 - 1996 ?

Hi, I've recently bought a fantastic Stingray 4-string. Serial no. is B03758. I think it's Honeyburst ? It's a 2 EQ model with a rosewood fingerboard.

I'm guessing it was made in 1996 but would love confirmation. Also, why were some basses built that year with a B and a five digit serial no ?

Thanks,

Steve