Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal
Page 44 of 1007 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Man Serial Number Database

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_m_la
    Hi, I'm a new member and have been enjoying reading all the informative posts about Music Man basses. I have a question about mine, which has the serial # 50178 stamped in the bridge piece. According to the SN database this serial number predates the first model shipped from the factory. Are the serial numbers chronological?

I bought mine I think in '88 or '89 from a drummer who decided not to be a bass player after all. I paid $500 for it and it was mint. Now about 2,000 gigs later, it's cosmetically hammered, but still a great sounding bass and still my #1 live performance axe.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on it's actual birth date.

Thanks a million,

Rick Moors
    Los Angeles, CA
    Rick,

No, the numbers are not at all chronological. The completion date of your StingRay 5 is 8/8/88 (nice date to be "born"). It is white (or at least it was) with a rosewood board, correct?

Good find on that bass! Music Man basses are meant to be workhorses, a "workingman's bass" and it sounds like yours has proven that.

All the best,

Dan

User Info Menu

May I please get the D.O.B. on my new StingRay: Serial #E52300.

Thanks!

Melissa

User Info Menu

Re: This one's been around the block

Thanks for the prompt and informative response, Dan. 8/8/88 huh? Wow, interesting!

I'll try to get a photo up so you can have a look at this "road warrior." It ain't pretty, but it still sounds great. By the way, it was a pale yellow when new, not white, and getting more yellow every day.

Thanks again,

Rick

P.S. Does Dave Nelson still work at the SLO office? He was always very kind when I used to come through there with The Bonedaddys. If he's still around please say hi for me and tell him I've still got the same great 5 string.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa
    May I please get the D.O.B. on my new StingRay: Serial #E52300.

Thanks!

Melissa
    Melissa, since you asked so nicely .... your new StingRay is indeed new, completed on 5/10/06.

Cool

Dan

User Info Menu

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 5Stringer
    Melissa, since you asked so nicely .... your new StingRay is indeed new, completed on 5/10/06.

Cool

Dan
    Thank you kindly, Dan!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rick_m_la
    Thanks for the prompt and informative response, Dan. 8/8/88 huh? Wow, interesting!

I'll try to get a photo up so you can have a look at this "road warrior." It ain't pretty, but it still sounds great. By the way, it was a pale yellow when new, not white, and getting more yellow every day.

Thanks again,

Rick

P.S. Does Dave Nelson still work at the SLO office? He was always very kind when I used to come through there with The Bonedaddys. If he's still around please say hi for me and tell him I've still got the same great 5 string.
    Rick, yes, some of the "whites" were really never white - they started off slightly yellow and got yellower over time with the finish we used in those days.

Dave Nelson no longer works here - he took a position elsewhere. I still see him from time to time so I will give him the message.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy
    Here are my serial #s to add to the database:

F00092: Sterling, honeyburst w/lined fretless pau ferro board. I'm assuming from the serial # database that it's a 98, but I'm the fourth owner so I don't know for sure.

E55150: 30th Anniversary Stingray, fretted, received July 2006.

F13516: stealth Bongo 4 HH, received @ May 2005.
    muggsy, thanks for throwing your serial numbers into the pile. Sorry it took so long to get you the build dates:

F00092 was completed on 3/24/98, you are correct!

E55150's date is 6/19/06.

F13516 was an instrument on 5/9/05.

Nice pieces - nice collection!

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by r&s
    Well I didn't get the one I asked for, but I did buy my first Ernie Ball Bass! It's a Stingray, Graphite Pearl with a black pickguard. The Serial Number is E43059.

Any idea when she was born? I am guessing around late 2004/early 2005.

Thanks,
    r&s, good guess, it was completed on 9/24/04.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IkaruShizzlemah
    Can you tell me the date of birth for my Stingray 4 fretless?

The serial number is E41650

Thanks,

Ikaru
    Ikaru, your Natural finish lined fretless was completed on 7/21/04 and was originally shipped to Bass Central.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cliff78
    can i get the birth date of my limited edition stingray 5 hs. E53579. and exactly how many of these were made
    cliff, there isn't a final tally yet on these because we are still building them. Ask me next year and I can get an approximate number.

Your bass was completed on 5/30/06.

Dan
    Last edited by 5Stringer; 09-21-2006 at 09:00 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by serban
    hello again

can you please tell me what wood my black EBMM Sting Ray (perloid pickguard) 's body is made out of?. the serial no. is E39928 . thank you
    serban, how's it goiing? We have been using pretty much just Southern Ash on basses for last few years, before that there would be some poplar mixed in on some solid colors, but not much. And, in case you're curious, your bass was completed on 3/14/04.

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by starsky
    If the date of birth and any other info on my Bongo 4H could be looked up it would be most appreciated

Serial no is F12659
    starsky, sorry about taking so long to get you this info: 1/27/05 is your beloved Bongo's date of completion.

Regards,

Dan
    Last edited by 5Stringer; 09-21-2006 at 09:01 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by moth
    Hello i just bought a second hand stingray , the serial is 43828 , i was told its a 1994 , can you tell me any other info?
    Hi moth,

It is indeed a 1994, it was finished and shipped to the U.K. on 12/14/94.

Dan

User Info Menu

Ikaru, your Natural finish lined fretless was completed on 7/21/04 and was originally shipped to Bass Central.

Thanks Dan!!!

Ikaru
    Julie Andrews - Stingray 4 fretless, Natural finish
    Gina Lollobrigida - G&L JB-2 fretless, 3 Tone Sunburst
    Eden Wt 550

User Info Menu

OUTSTANDING!

Thanks Dan. I truly appreciate the support and the help on finding out the DOB.