Music Man Modern Classics
Page 50 of 1007 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150550 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Man Serial Number Database

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info Dan, much appreciated!

'92 SR4-H Trans-White/Rosewood/Birdseye 3EQ
    '94 SR4-H Black/Rosewood 3EQ
    '05 SR4-H Tobacco/Rosewood 3EQ
    '09 SR4-H Black/Ebony Strings-Thru 2EQ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    GK Fusion 550
    GK 212-II Neos (2)

User Info Menu

Hi Dan -- thanks 1,000,000!

A kinder, gentler collection...

User Info Menu

Hey Dan! How about Bongo F13930??

Much thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Dan,

Could you look up serial #F03996.

I just bought this Sterling used off eBay. It's trans red with matching headstock and a black and white pearloid pick guard and a rosewood fretboard.

User Info Menu

Hello Dan,

I've purchased last weekend a LTD 2006 Bongo 4 HH Black, Rosewood, Black Pickguard, Matching Headstock, Gold Hardware, LTD Edition Emblem.

Serial #: F15535

Dan, can you provide me any information about this bass?

I'm so proud that I've got this bass! It's a real artwork and what a sound...

Thank you in advance!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steviered View Post
    Hi Guys. Thanks for the info. The red is a surprise as its definitely black now - apart from the bits that are down to the wood of course - with not a hint of red showing.

To answer the query regarding the logos etc. the 2 "musicmen" are standing under the "A" string machine head with legs intact. It also does say "MADE IN SAN LUIS OBISPO CALIFORNIA, USA" on the back of the headstock.

will try and organise a couple of pics for you

thanks
    Steve
    Sounds like it may have been repainted .. as I said, sounds like a colorful history ....

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkWinkler View Post
    Hey Dan! How about Bongo F13930??

Much thanks in advance!
    Mark, we show that bass being completed on 10/06/05.

Dan

User Info Menu

Thank you Dan! Very much appreciated!

Mark

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whitedk57 View Post
    Dan,

Could you look up serial #F03996.

I just bought this Sterling used off eBay. It's trans red with matching headstock and a black and white pearloid pick guard and a rosewood fretboard.
    Whitedk, your Sterling was completed on 5/3/01 and sent to the boys at Bass Central. Our records verify you r description. Congrads on your new bass!!

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The_Abyss View Post
    Hello Dan,

I've purchased last weekend a LTD 2006 Bongo 4 HH Black, Rosewood, Black Pickguard, Matching Headstock, Gold Hardware, LTD Edition Emblem.

Serial #: F15535

Dan, can you provide me any information about this bass?

I'm so proud that I've got this bass! It's a real artwork and what a sound...

Thank you in advance!
    Congratulations on your awesome Bongo Bass! This beauty was completed on 8/26/06.

Cheers,

Dan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 5Stringer View Post
    Congratulations on your awesome Bongo Bass! This beauty was completed on 8/26/06.

Cheers,

Dan
    Thank you very much for your info Dan!

Can also also trace where it was completed, and how many where produced of this LTD 2006 Bongo 4 HH Black?

Greetings from The Netherlands
    Last edited by The_Abyss; 11-08-2006 at 01:50 PM.

User Info Menu

Hey Dan

I've got a couple of basses I would like born on dates for, if you've got a minute or two:

E34959 SR4 Black Cherry Burst
    E27864 SR4 Honey Burst

Thanks dude!

Rex

A kinder, gentler collection...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The_Abyss View Post
    Thank you very much for your info Dan!

Can also also trace where it was completed, and how many where produced of this LTD 2006 Bongo 4 HH Black?

Greetings from The Netherlands
    Well, of course it was completed here in our one and only Music Man factory in San Luis Obispo, California. We originally shipped this bass to our distributor in Germany.

Regarding how many were made - We don't know the exact number yet because we are still filling orders on them. At this point it is about 10 total.

Cheers,

Dan

User Info Menu

N.O.S Treasure

Dan,
    I'm taking a hard look at purchasing this SR4 I found at my local Maine dealer:
    S/N E26273, Honeyburst w/matching headstock, Rosewood FB, White PG, Staggered non-beveled pole pieces, non-shielded control cavity, body, neck and preamp date-stamped Oct 01, handwritten "Sunburst" on neck and body.
    Are the description details consitent with it's apparrent age?
    And a bonus.. it feels like it weighs somewhat less than 9lbs..
    It seems unusual to find a true new-old stock bass in unplayed condition.
    Well.. it is now formerly unplayed..
    -Mike

User Info Menu

Mike,

It may seem unusual to find such a gem that is basically NOS but is in brand new condition in most places, but knowing the store you are talking about, it makes perfect sense. Having visited the store myself, I know that Dale and his staff at Perkins Music House are leagues away from your average chain-store in the way that they take care of their inventory. They treat each instrument as if it were a rare vintage piece. Even though the bass was built on 11/13/01, it probably plays as well as if it just left the factory.... I would think you would be very happy with the bass, and I can't imagine a better place to buy it.

And by the way, if you were to buy it, it will still have the full factory warranty.

Dan