Hey! Donít know if this is still going, but

Ray 4/. Serial : B072493

User Info Menu

X09037

X09037?

User Info Menu

Hi my MM serial is: E01753

User Info Menu

Could you please tell me the birthday of “Blondy” my third Stingray 5 ? ( I have to stop buying these basses.... ;-) ) her serial is L 58299. A big thank you from Holland

User Info Menu

I have a Sterling I think from around 2002. Please give me the DOB.

F02197

Also, it has a Piezo PU and I think it was around the time when they first started making them. Please let me know when the first Piezo PUs were installed. I had to wait a long time for my bass as they were taking a long time tweaking the Piezo. Thanks!
    Last edited by kilgore7777; 03-06-2019 at 08:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Hi could you please share info on my Stingray?
    Serial # L03235
    If possible would like to know what wood is used on the body and pickguard that came with it, dealer where it went to...
    If not, DOB only will help too.
    Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Hy, my musicman sting ray 5 is L 58457

User Info Menu

Hi MM sterling D05870

User Info Menu

Hi all.
    Dob of Stingray 48880 please.
    Cheers!

(Plus any other info of interest )
    Last edited by Slj; 03-03-2019 at 02:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Greetings, any info on a JP15 No. G58336 would be great. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Hi I have just bought a Stingray 4 in cream serial number E53032. Grateful if you could let me know the dob. Ta

Joel is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mforteschi View Post
    HI thakn for build such a fantastic bass my serial number is E 54360 could you please tell me the DOB and the place of first sale ?
    thakn a lot
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on February 14th, 2007. The color is Trans Gold with the Maple neck. It was originally shipped to Musician's Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Solda View Post
    Good morning.
    I'm going to buy my 2nd EBMM bass guitar and I would like to know information about 3 used instruments.
    I'll be glad if you can provide detailed info such as model, wood types, color and manufactured date.

E50329
    E67926
    E72247

Thank you,
    Carlos - Sao Paulo City/Brazil
    E50329 - This StingRay 3EQ was completed on December 1st, 2005. The color is Graphite Pearl with the Rosewood fretboard.

E67926 - This StingRay 3EQ was completed on October 8th, 2008. The color is Black Cherry Burst with the Maple neck & matching headstock.

E72247 - This StingRay HS was completed on October 1st, 2009. The color is Black with the Slo Special neck with Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo30 View Post
    Hi, could you tell me the year of my Stingray bass please. E95110
    This StingRay 2EQ was completed on April 3rd, 2003. The color is Natural Gloss with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by vinko View Post
    Hi
    I would ask you for some information on a Sterling F05267 pls. The seller doesn't know much about it.
    Thanks a lot
    This Sterling was completed on May 27th, 2005. The color is Vintage Sunburst with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by funkybossmx View Post
    Hello,
    I just bought a Sky Blue Stingray 5 HH SN E91705, can you please tell me the DOB?
    This StingRay 5 HH was completed on December 31st, 2013. The color is Sky Blue with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by fidloch View Post
    Hi, my bass is StingRay sunburst, unfortunately not sure about neck wood.
    s/n: E19952

I'm trying to detect DOB and color please.

Thank you enormously!
    Phil
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on December 27th, 2000. The color is Vintage Sunburst with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by HEINEMR View Post
    Hi I am trying to check a sub 4 serial number is x02054. Can you help at all? Thanks
    This SUB 2EQ was completed on July 9th, 2003. The color is Textured Black with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjerome214 View Post
    Hello,

Can you provide me some details about my MM Stingray 4. This is the Serial No. C00668.

When and where it was made and full specifications.

Many thanks!
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on September 21st, 2016. The color is Black with the Rosewood fretboard. It was made at the one and only Ernie Ball Music Man factory in San Luis Obispo, California.

Quote Originally Posted by gnrbass View Post
    Hi! Looking for a DOB and possibly a first sale for my EBMM SR5HH, Tangerine Pearl Metallic, SN E88057. Also, is it possible to get a number on how many of my bass were made? I haven't seen any like this (tangerine/5hh/maple) in the wild. Thank you!
    This StingRay 5 HH was completed on April 30th, 2012. The color is Tangerine Pearl with the Maple neck. Production number records are not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrochoerus71 View Post
    52307 birds eye maple neck, StingRay5. Light blue body. what can you tell me about this bass? Thanks.
    This StingRay 5 was completed on April 18th, 1991. The color is Blueburst with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Per View Post
    Hi, looking for information about my newly aquired SR4 # D 05126 and also my old friend SR5 # 51157. Thanks and cheers from Sweden! /Per
    D05126 - This StingRay 3EQ was completed on February 25th, 1997. The color is Trans Red with the Maple neck.

51157 - This StingRay 5 was completed on October 8th, 1990. The color is coming up as "Special" which just means it was something different than standard ordering options at that time. It has the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurNemko View Post
    Hi there,
    I consider getting my hands on another Stingray - it‘s a black bass with a fretless rosewood fingerboard. Seller think‘s it is from 1996.
    Serial: 48564
    Any further info would be great! :-)
    Thanks in advance!
    Cheers, Marek
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on February 22nd, 1996. The color is Black with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by robjfox3 View Post
    just checking on C01571 thanks!
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on December 4th, 2017. The color is Vintage Sunburst with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by walterzappa View Post
    hi guys, i'm interested in DOB of this E32952
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on August 9th, 2002. The color is Honey Burst with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysker6 View Post
    Hey! Don’t know if this is still going, but

Ray 4/. Serial : B072493
    This one is not coming up in the database, is there any chance the serial number could be something different? We don't have the production records for the Sterling by Music Man instruments if it's one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidNI View Post
    X09037?
    This SUB 2EQ was completed on April 28th, 2005. The color is Textured Blue with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ppg View Post
    Hi my MM serial is: E01753
    This StingRay 5 was completed on May 20th, 1998. The color is White with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Carvinplayer View Post
    Could you please tell me the birthday of “Blondy” my third Stingray 5 ? ( I have to stop buying these basses.... ;-) ) her serial is L 58299. A big thank you from Holland
    This left handed StingRay 5 was completed on February 20th, 1997. The color is Natural Velvet with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by kilgore7777 View Post
    I have a Sterling I think from around 2002.

F02197

Also, it has a Piezo PU and I think it was around the time when they first started making them. Please let me know when the first Piezo PUs were installed. I had to wait a long time for my bass as they were taking a long time tweaking the Piezo. Thanks!
    This Sterling with piezo was completed on February 16th, 2000. The color is Black Sparkle with the Rosewood fretboard & matching headstock. Piezo was first offered in Fall of 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by bullitproof View Post
    Hi could you please share info on my Stingray?
    Serial # L03235
    If possible would like to know what wood is used on the body and pickguard that came with it, dealer where it went to...
    If not, DOB only will help too.
    Thanks in advance!
    This left handed StingRay 3EQ was completed on June 20th, 2001. The color is White with the Rosewood fretboard. The body wood is Ash. It was originally shipped with the black pearloid pickguard to Steve's Music.

Quote Originally Posted by gyser76 View Post
    Hy, my musicman sting ray 5 is L 58457
    This left handed StingRay 5 was completed on March 23rd, 1998. The color is Sunburst with the Rosewood fretboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbs View Post
    Hi MM sterling D05870
    This Sterling was completed on May 9th, 1997. The color is Pearl Blue with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slj View Post
    Hi all.
    Dob of Stingray 48880 please.
    Cheers!

(Plus any other info of interest )
    This StingRay 2EQ was completed on March 13th, 1996. The color is Black with the Maple neck.

Quote Originally Posted by tbl View Post
    Greetings, any info on a JP15 No. G58336 would be great. Thank you.
    Answered in the guitar thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymru666 View Post
    Hi I have just bought a Stingray 4 in cream serial number E53032. Grateful if you could let me know the dob. Ta
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on May 18th, 2006. The color is White with the Rosewood fretboard & matching headstock.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info JoŽl !!

I dont know if this is the right place to ask but the neck of ”Blondy” seems a little more “sticky” and less smooth than the other two. How should I fix that ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    This StingRay 3EQ was completed on February 22nd, 1996. The color is Black with the Rosewood fretboard.
    Thanks for the info! Does your record say what kind of wood was used on the bass 48564?
    Also, was it "born" as a fretless? Just asking as I have seen blank fingerboards, lined boards, but this one has the lines and dot markers. Just thought it was unusual, almost thought it was converted to fretless.
    Last edited by ArthurNemko; 03-04-2019 at 11:52 AM.