Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 1 of 912 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Man Serial Number Database

Music Man Serial Number Database

This thread is a resource you can use to find the production date of your bass.

Post your serial number and we'll get back to your shortly with the "date of birth" (DOB) for your instrument.

This thread is also a good place to have your serial number on record in case it's needed in the future for insurance purposes, etc.

**Please note: We do not have any serial numbers for the Pre-Ernie Ball Music Man instruments in our database. You can check this site for more info on the early Music Man instruments (This site is not run by the Ernie Ball company):

musicmanbass.org

If you have any other questions regarding your instrument, please email Music Man Customer Service at:

musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com
    Last edited by Rod Trussbroken; 06-18-2018 at 06:13 PM.

The lists I have are meant as a ready-reckoner and will only give a rough idea of date. They're NOT a complete data base.

Ernie Ball has it's own data base for their instruments. The date of an EB instrument can be obtained by posting in this thread and quoting your serial number.

Bxxxxxx serials were used on both early EB and Pre-EB Basses but unfortunately no official records exist for these. However, a comparison with similar serials will give a good idea of age. EB Basses have the string retainer on the A&D strings and 4 dot markers past the 12th fret. Pre-EB has the retainer on the D&G with only 3 dot markers. Pre-EB Sting Ray Basses have slab bodies. EB Basses have contoured bodies with a cut-away for the waist.
    Last edited by Rod Trussbroken; 07-25-2010 at 10:49 PM.
    Gav.
    www.musicmanbass.org
    MUSICMAN BASS VINTAGE I.D.

AXIS Serial Number G03689

Hi, welcome to the Forum.

Serials for Guitars are:

HERE

Last edited by Rod Trussbroken; 08-14-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: rewording
    Gav.
    www.musicmanbass.org

What year is my Stingray?

If you want to find out the age of any pre-Ernie Ball Stinray bass, just take the neck off. The date is stamped into the wood on the neck and body. It's just that simple. I tried to find serial number info on my '78 Stingray to no avail but when I removed the neck to refinish the horribly battered body the date was right there.

My new sterling:

Black with maple fretboard, matching headstock

serial # F09567

Hi Eric,

Your Sterling in black with a maple neck, matching headstock and white pickguard was born on 2 March, 2004 in the factory in San Luis Obispo, CA and was originally sold to Guitar Emporium in Louisville, KY.

Enjoy!
    -Beth

Thumbs up Ernie Ball: THE GREATEST SERVICE EVER !

I just have to say: it is absolutely stunning the way people at the Ernie Ball company customer service treat their customers. I don't know of any other brand where you can access the 'date of birth' of a bass guitar this easily. It's incredible.
    Also the service I got when my bass was late due to some production delay... One word: FANTASTIC !

Keep up the good work Derek, Beth and everyone else back there !!!

J.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.JokeVanAssche.tk
    Last edited by Jazzy J; 07-11-2005 at 02:17 AM.

My new sterling is F12725 & is a transparent red, rosewood board & black pearloid p/g. My guess is it's a 2005.....I'll update the thread when I find out.

March 03 05'

Hi Barkatozz,

Your Sterling bass in Translucent red finish with a rosewood neck and black pearloid pickguard was born on 3 March, 2005 in San Luis Obispo, California and was originally sold to Guitar Center.

Enjoy! Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
    Best regards,
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by Beth
    Hi Barkatozz,

Your Sterling bass in Translucent red finish with a rosewood neck and black pearloid pickguard was born on 3 March, 2005 in San Luis Obispo, California and was originally sold to Guitar Center.

Enjoy! Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.
    Best regards,
    Beth
    That's where I just bought it from....in Cherry Hill, N.J.
    Thanks!

Man, the Guitar Center in Syracuse NY doesn't have any yet, i love going to those places and check them out.

I have a metallic blue sterling bass with a serial number 38356. Can I get some info on DOB and type of wood. thank you kindly

Around that time it was either Poplar, Alder or Ash.

It's a 1993 Bass. Probably August (but could be September).

More detail can be obtained by emailing EB Customer Service. Sometimes Derek and Beth pop in though
    Gav.
    www.musicmanbass.org