VPJr Tuner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: "Darth Vader" Stingray?

  1. #16

    User Info Menu

    The only thing to make it better would have been an ebony fretboard!
    Authorized EB/MM dealer. www.daddyosmusicshack.com

  2. #17

    User Info Menu

    Hmm. My memory (notoriously bad, I'll admit) was that the bass had black hardware too. However, that must be it. I'm thrilled that a picture finally surfaced. I wonder where the other 98 are?

    Adam

  3. #18

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vonfog
    Hmm. My memory (notoriously bad, I'll admit) was that the bass had black hardware too. However, that must be it. I'm thrilled that a picture finally surfaced. I wonder where the other 98 are?

    Adam
    \
    hello folks, i am new here, great site, i just wanted to say, i was looking for info on my bass i bought new in 1990, and i am finally able to come to some resolve, it is one of the "darth vader" models. i will post pics, and i need to figure out how to read serial numbers as well, i also own three other mm's, two autumn burst sparkles, a four and a five, the four is now fretless, and a black five string. thanks for a great site, looking forward to learning alot more!
    davey

  4. #19

    User Info Menu

    Welcome Davey, nice bass!

  5. #20

    User Info Menu

    Darth Vader number 98

    Hi,

    I have a darth vader musicman too. I was told when I bought it that it was one of one hundred and I always wanted to believe it. It's nice to get confirmation.

    I love the bass and I'm really glad I didn't sell it a couple of years ago when I started to have some problems with the electronics. I had some local guys work on my bass but noone was able to correct the problem. My plan is to totally replace all of the elctronics. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with getting replacement electronics from the factory? Can anyone give me direction on this?

    Thanks,

    Kyle

  6. #21

    User Info Menu

    Kyle,

    If you're in the States, call Customer Service before you do anything else. They're notorious for helping people.

    Thus the name, I guess.

    Jack

  7. #22

    User Info Menu

    black hardware?

    I have a black stingray 5 string from 1990, and I was actually looking for black hardware. Doesn't MM make black hardware at all? like black machine tuners, black bridge, blackneck plates? I could've sworn I've seen black hardware on a 4 string black bongo displayed as one of the pics of the 4 string bongo on the MM instrument page, it clearly shows black mm bridge and black tuners. Any comments on this?...anyone? I like black hardware on my basses in general, and I know Hipshot makes black tuners for MM, but what about the bridge? and the neck plate?

  8. #23

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by syndrome666 View Post
    I have a black stingray 5 string from 1990, and I was actually looking for black hardware. Doesn't MM make black hardware at all? like black machine tuners, black bridge, blackneck plates? I could've sworn I've seen black hardware on a 4 string black bongo displayed as one of the pics of the 4 string bongo on the MM instrument page, it clearly shows black mm bridge and black tuners. Any comments on this?...anyone? I like black hardware on my basses in general, and I know Hipshot makes black tuners for MM, but what about the bridge? and the neck plate?
    EBMM does not sell parts. Having said that, there is black hardware on the stealth models.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

  9. #24

    User Info Menu

    Had one myself, and another opportunity about a year ago in Nashville. Passed on it since I have an Onyx. I actually prefer the Onyx.
    You can never have too many balls!

  10. #25

    User Info Menu

    Very nice!

  11. #26

    User Info Menu

    "Darth Vader" Stingray?-snapshot_20120128-jpgHave one myself it is a beauty. Love my Darth Vader EB.
    Last edited by Rizzoy; 01-28-2012 at 05:40 PM.

  12. #27

    User Info Menu

    wow.........thread resurrection...........nice.

    I was unaware of these myself......you guys have a nice bass there.......very cool
    2001 STERLING H/ black/black ice pg/rosewood board
    2003 SUB active white/black pg/rosewood board


    SterlingStudios

  13. #28

    User Info Menu

    Where can I find out what year my bass was made?

  14. #29

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzoy View Post
    Where can I find out what year my bass was made?
    HERE

  15. #30

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Trussbroken View Post
    Thank Brother.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums