Joe Dart
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Darth Vader" Stingray?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bass thumper View Post
    Sorry, but i just don't see it. It looks like a Gothic bass.
    Yes! Exactly the same issue as with the Stealth bass guitars.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzoy View Post
    Attachment 17362Have one myself it is a beauty. Love my Darth Vader EB.
    I think that's just a standard black Stingray with a matching headstock. No painted neck, no black knobs, no black plastic control crescent. Still a nice bass, but not a Darth Vader model like the one the thread is about.
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=bassmonkeee;858000]I think that's just a standard black Stingray with a matching headstock. No painted neck, no black knobs, no black plastic control crescent. Still a nice bass, but not a Darth Vader model like the one the thread is about.[

I looked up the serial number on the EB database (E21932...30 Mar 2001. Black with Rosewood. Black pg. Black control plate. Nick-named "Darth Vader Bass" by Ernie Ball.) does indeed indicate that it is in fact a darth vader"

SERIALS SR4 - Musicmanbass.org, Music Man, Musicman, Music Man Bass, Musicman Bass, Music Man Guitar

User Info Menu

after looking up the serial number i found out that it was indeed a Darth Vader bass, or so it says on musicmanbass.org. bassmonkeee brought up a good point why is the neck not painted, and why isnt the hardware black? Am i missing something here?? please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Darth Vader" Stingray?-100_2139-jpg  

User Info Menu

This Stingray is not a Darth Vader bass. The build date is 2001 and last shipped in early 2002...Darth Vader Basses were made in the early 90's....So this one is a normal 6 bolt Stingray 3EQ in Black with rosewood board. Still a very nice Looking bass...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    This Stingray is not a Darth Vader bass. The build date is 2001 and last shipped in early 2002...Darth Vader Basses were made in the early 90's....So this one is a normal 6 bolt Stingray 3EQ in Black with rosewood board. Still a very nice Looking bass...
    thnk you sirs

User Info Menu

Hello everyone, I found this thread while looking for information about a bass I own and was going to sell. I'm thinking it may be one of these. I bought it used a while back so it's possible that the previous owner may have switched out the pick-guard. Other than that it looks pretty much right on. It also looks like he partially removed some of the paint. If it is in fact a Darth Vader I may try to restore it to original specs and could use some advice. Would it be possible to confirm it with the serial #? It's 29920 which seems to put it in the date range.
    Thanks for any help. -Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Darth Vader" Stingray?-image-jpg   "Darth Vader" Stingray?-image-jpg   "Darth Vader" Stingray?-image-jpg   "Darth Vader" Stingray?-image-jpg   "Darth Vader" Stingray?-image-jpg  

User Info Menu

hmm.. if those are road worn scars i would not touch the bass

if they are a failed effort to make a road worn bass im not sure what to do..

if it is played to become like that its awesome! id cherish every battle scar it has

MrM
    flats for the bongo!
    roundwounds for the fretless!

eb customer support:
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Telephone: +1 866-823-2255

trussrod adjustment:
    Click here for an image!
    less relief / flatter = lower action
    more relief / bow = higher action
    do NOT use cheap tools to adjust with. they break and scrape up your bass!

if you have a 100th namm sr4: the truss works the other way around on those!

i have no affiliation with eb other than i love their basses

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
    Hello everyone, I found this thread while looking for information about a bass I own and was going to sell. I'm thinking it may be one of these. I bought it used a while back so it's possible that the previous owner may have switched out the pick-guard. Other than that it looks pretty much right on. It also looks like he partially removed some of the paint. If it is in fact a Darth Vader I may try to restore it to original specs and could use some advice. Would it be possible to confirm it with the serial #? It's 29920 which seems to put it in the date range.
    Thanks for any help. -Jason
    Leave that beauty alone! Except I might add a chrome PG.
    2014 Sterling 5H Black w/ Maple - F28653
    2001 Sterling 4H Blue Dawn w/ Maple - F04289
    2015 Stingray 4H SLO Special Black Cherry w/ Rosewood - E96203
    2011 Classic Stingray 5H Lake Tahoe Blue

User Info Menu

Thanks, I think some of the paint removal was intentional though.

User Info Menu

Ok, I decided to throw the bass up on Ebay and have gotten a question about the finish. I remember there was another thread where an owner talked about how he owned two and explained what it was but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any information? It's a very soft paint, black matte. Any help would be great. thanks

User Info Menu

30311 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Darth Vader

Late to the game but I recently have become an owner of the famous Darth Vader Stingray. SN # 30311. This EBMM has been gigged but is in pretty decent condition otherwise. Emailed the folks at Ernie Ball and verified that it is indeed a true EBMM DV.
    For some reason I'm unable to attach pics here otherwise you all would have them...

User Info Menu

To ad your pics:

At the foot of the "Quick Reply" box, click "Go Advanced". At top are 2 rows of icons. On second row, click the 6th icon from the left. That's the "Insert Image" and follow instructions.