The Vault
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: I need some cheering up

User Info Menu

OT: I need some cheering up

Sorry for the rant, but Im up at 3:25AM EST, and here seems to be the best place to vent.

My girlfriend Holly and I broke up tonight.

Weve been dating for almost 2 and a half years. For the last couple months Ive felt us fading apart. Its like who we were when we started dating isnt who we are now. Just seems like she had needs, that I cant meet, and I have needs that she cant meet.

Its tough. I think we will both be better off, but calling it quits with someone after two and a half years is hard. Harder than hard.

Just shoot me some prayers and good vibes if youd be so kind. You guys and gals have come through before, and Im thankful for that.

User Info Menu

oh mate so sorry to hear that.
    lets get together and make the grass grow.

User Info Menu

You know...I do have a phone and am up half the night every night right??

(623) 975-5665

You can also instant message me on Yahoo at Probasses

All I can say is that I'm here to listen but as far as relationship advise goes I'm pretty much the last person to talk to.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear it, Travis.

Take small comfort in the fact that you two figured it out before 10 years of marriage and 2 kids complicated matters.

A tiny consolation, I'm sure, but it is what it is...
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

Travis....you are young and this will pass. I dated a girl for 6 years and when we called it quits I thought the world fell apart.......she could not handle my chosen career at the time......

Then I met another woman who I married. Have been married 13+ years and have a daughter with.....she is 100% supportive of things that I do (well, most of the time.... ) and had every right in the world to walk away from me several times....she put up with my past profession and has been literally through Hell 3 times because of me. I look at her each day and I thank God she is in my life. She is my soulmate, best friend, etc......

Basically, you will meet that one person who you will KNOW is the one for you. It stings now....but, it will go away and you will be okay......trust me. I know.
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

Condolences, Travis. Breaking up, whether it's her or you that initiates it, is like a death in the family. And it doesn't get any better. Try a divorce after 20 years of marriage and three minor children. I've been there.
    Blue Pearl Bongo 4 HH
    Epifani UL-502 amp
    Epifani UL-210 cab
    Godin Acoustibass with TI Acousticore strings
    Ampeg B-100R

User Info Menu

It's always painful to walk away from someone you thought you had a future with. It will get beter, though - give yourself time - hang it there!

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that Travis, it WILL get better with time

When this happened to me in the past, it was a great
    reason to stock the liquor cabinet and hang out more
    with good friends (I like this approach). It will all work
    out. I thought I lost some good ones but I don't regret
    a thing as I'm very happily married now and have the perfect
    8 month old. You're young and have a lot of good times
    ahead of you!

'92 SR4-H Trans-White/Rosewood/Birdseye 3EQ
    '94 SR4-H Black/Rosewood 3EQ
    '05 SR4-H Tobacco/Rosewood 3EQ
    '09 SR4-H Black/Ebony Strings-Thru 2EQ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    GK Fusion 550
    GK 212-II Neos (2)

User Info Menu

Tough break man, but you will bounce back I promise you. We all come with baggage and break ups after a while, and believe me like the other guys I have had my fair share of world crushing events, but you will get through. Hurts like hell now I bet, but it won't soon.....peace from across the pond Trav.

now get on with some bass practise......
    BASSES:
    the Double D - Dargie Delight SR4 HS matching headstock (E44380 - DOB 19th Mar 2007 – one of 17 and only one in the UK)
    the Creammachine - White HS SR5, white pg, maple neck and matching headstock. (E34451 - DOB 1st Mar 2006)
    the PurpleDaze - trans purple SR4-H, ashwood body, rosewood fretboard (E29097 - DOB: 12th April 2002)

User Info Menu

That's bad news, sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there's no cure for this, so all I can do is repeat the clichés, like: "in the end it'll all tunr out fine", "If it wasn't going good, it's a good thingto break up",... but there's some truth in these clichés.

Take care buddy

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear it Travis. I know it's hard right now but it will get easier as time goes by. I know that 2 1/2 years seems like a long time right now but you're still very young and will eventually get over it and move on to better things. You have your best years ahead of you so don't let this bring you down.Just keep doing your thing and someday you will meet the right girl for you.......
    2001 SR5 Black/Black/Maple
    2004 SR4 Honeyburst/ Black/Maple
    2006 SR4HH Natural/Black/Rosewood
    2009 Big Al 4SSS Vintage Sunburst/Rosewood
    2012 PDN Honey Roasted Bongo 4HHp
    2018 Stingray Special 4HH Aqua Sparkle/Ebony

Noise Chapter EP
    MORE MUSIC

User Info Menu

I'm sorry to hear that, but, from what you've said, I think you made a wise decision. Cheer up. You'll find somebody else.
    StingRay 5 HS: Candy Red, Matching Headstock, Maple 'board, White Pearl 'guard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassmonkeee
    Sorry to hear it, Travis.

Take small comfort in the fact that you two figured it out before 10 years of marriage and 2 kids complicated matters.

A tiny consolation, I'm sure, but it is what it is...
    +1

Commiserations Travis, but I'm afraid life does these things to us.

Best wishes.

User Info Menu

Travis,

I had a similar breakup ages ago, with a girl that I'd been with for over 4 years. When two people just grow apart... it's more puzzling than anything, isn't it? It's harder to accept for some reason. Hang in there though. One day you'll look back with the 20/20 vision that hindsight provides, and things will be clearer.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that, Travis...it does suck...but try to remember that no one else is responsible for your happiness, nor are you for theirs...now plug in that EBMM and play some blues! (or funk or death metal or whatever!)
    Bye, everybody!

Trans Orange Sterling, Maple/Tort