New banner

Thread: Oilerrrrrrrzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Exclamation Oilerrrrrrrzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!!!
    Here we come game 7 AND the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

"Top pros 15 - Talkbass 0"

User Info Menu

I am happy to see the series go to a game 7. I've been following the oilers ever since Roli got traded from the Wild(my sad team). When he went down in game 1 I thought that was it, but the Oilers have been great the past couple games. I'm just glad the Canucks sucked this year.
    ANDREW

Old Smoothie with Roasted Maple Neck
    StingRay 5 Classic in Powder Blue
    Aguilar DB751,TH500,DB112x2
    Bergantino NV610
    A-Designs-REDDI Tube DI

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MingusBASS
    I am happy to see the series go to a game 7. I've been following the oilers ever since Roli got traded from the Wild(my sad team). When he went down in game 1 I thought that was it, but the Oilers have been great the past couple games. I'm just glad the Canucks sucked this year.
    After the Oilers dumped the first 2 i was wishing they would be swept just so I could see the mayhem in Edmonton afterwards . I'm not a big fan of the oilers but they have gotten it done recenty so you gotta tip your hat to them.... let's see if they can close the show.
    Mike....mmmmm...............

User Info Menu

Go Oilers!!!
    Bring that Cup back home!

User Info Menu

You know I'm excited!! I remember the cups of the '80's/90's but this is different (other than the last one) Back then The Oilers were just expected to win. If there was a power play they were expected to score (and they usually did). This time around the team has an everyman kinda feel. The city is pretty much shutting down. Even the Tim Horton's by my house is shutting down at 5. My son has soccer at 7PM every Monday, but today it's at 4PM.

The Ave has been pretty well behaved for the past games. They are arresting 200+people a night for just about anything.

Go Oil!!
    Last edited by lomky; 06-19-2006 at 07:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Talking

I have been an Oiler fan for years ever since they kicked the Bruins ass long ago. I was routing for the B's then,since I'm from New England. ( yeah Pats)But I realized then that the Oilers style of game were levels above the B's, still to this day. I enjoy watching them play, it is so fast and furious. the B's were slow and boring in comparison. I'm also glad to see Samsonov(ex B) going for a cup. Go Oilers!!! I'll be watching tonight.

User Info Menu

Commiserations to Edmontonians, Canadians and Oiler fans everywhere. Sorry to see the cup go south, but at least there are more Canadians on the Carolina team than any other nationality.

I really miss Hockey Night in Canada. I did record game 7 last night (live at 3am here in the UK) to watch it this morning. Not too bad since you can fast-forward the terrible British commentators that come on during the breaks. Those accents just don't work! I keep meaning to go to some games over here. The league is full of Canadian NHL rejects!!!

P.S. Am I a senior member now?

User Info Menu

I'm in Carolina.... but. somehow this means nothing to me...
    Psycho Ward

King of Lefthanzia

"I now pronounce you KING of LEFTHANZIA...its official and no one can take it away..." -BP

4 Bongos
    4 Sterlings
    2 SR5's
    1 SR4

User Info Menu

Yeah, Carolina! Go Tarheels.
    UNC Alumnus
    Blue Pearl Bongo 4 HH
    Epifani UL-502 amp
    Epifani UL-210 cab
    Godin Acoustibass with TI Acousticore strings
    Ampeg B-100R

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward
    I'm in Carolina.... but. somehow this means nothing to me...
    That's sad, there is a huge cloud over hear. Everyone is saying the typical hockey quotes "well, someone had to win""they played their hearts out to get this far" "Carolina just played better in the first two periods"

But, it's funny how life works. I walked into the office this morning and the first thing my coworker said is "I have good news, guess who is coming to town" the first thing that came to mind is "Tool?"

And yes Tool is coming back here in August, so all is well!!!

User Info Menu

Damn, I was pulling for the Oilers! Ah well, it's mostly Canucks on the Ice anyway ...

User Info Menu

Somehow I can't associate hockey with North Carolina.
    It seems more like a golf location.

And having an RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) Centre in Raliegh also seems strange.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 58super
    Somehow I can't associate hockey with North Carolina.
    It seems more like a golf location.

And having an RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) Centre in Raliegh also seems strange.
    Hey you're talking about MY bank in Western North Carolina!
    Blue Pearl Bongo 4 HH
    Epifani UL-502 amp
    Epifani UL-210 cab
    Godin Acoustibass with TI Acousticore strings
    Ampeg B-100R