VPJR Tuner Launch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: What do you do when you don't want to think?

User Info Menu

OT: What do you do when you don't want to think?

Yesterday I had a very very bad day. My best friend/girlfriend and I got in a fight and now she's pretty much having nothing to do with me. Obviously I'm hurting kinda bad. I was with her for almost 4 years, and I've known her for 7. I'm hurtin real bad.

I'm trying to keep myself occupied so I don't think about it, but I'm failing miserably. What do you guys do when you don't want to think about something?

User Info Menu

Play your amazing EB instrument.

And you know i'm just an IM away if you need me buddy.
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

Thing is Stanky, I don't have one.

User Info Menu

Why?????????
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

$$ or lack thereof.

User Info Menu

on the bass issue...youll get one, give it time. i never dreamed id own such a beautiful thing. stanky is spoilt.

on the girl issue...just give her time. really thats all it takes. she'll start missing you. ....also flowers, i could never stay angry at someone who gave me flowers ....
    lets get together and make the grass grow.

User Info Menu

Note to self, make sure I know phone number for FTD in Australia.

As far as advice, 5 years later and I still think of it from time to time. Best advice, go do something that you've always wanted to go do. Make an excuse, whatever is needed. Just go do it and have fun.
    -Tom
    Fret more, worry less.

Bongo only bass in Tom's life.

Blank-Plank Egyptian Smoke Bongo4H "Nefertiti"

User Info Menu

Well....you now have to look at it from a different angel....you get "ME" time....go do something fun....like jump out of an airpl.......<Mrs. Koogs just walked in>...I gotta go before she sees this.....BYE....and I wasn't here.......

Go do something fun!
    "Welcome to the addiction!" is now patented by Koogie2k......if used by anyone other than Koogie2k....you must mail him a US nickel for each time said/typed or signed.......

A WISE AND RESPECTED MAN TOLD ME:

"Do something nice for someone everyday. Don't let your head hit the pillow until you do something nice for someone each day." I hope I don't let him down.

User Info Menu

For me, I like to go on long bike rides. As long as I don't get caught in a thunderstorm, it's very therapeutic. I've always done my best thinking in the saddle.

So I vote for doing something outdoors - go for a long walk, hike, run, bike ride, etc.

Good luck and hope things work out.
    my band The Madeira - original, authentic surf rock

User Info Menu

I sit on my bum here and post on my forums. :-p That or ping pong.

On a side note, me and my girlfriend of 2 years recently split. I feel ya.
    Last edited by Figjam; 06-21-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    1997 Sterling black/black/maple
    1992 Stingray Fretless 2eq trans teal/black
    Epifani PS600
    Epifani UL310

User Info Menu

I would just take a good long nap. Why? Because the two of you have been together long enough it is a fight and probably not the real end.

The nap will help even if I am wrong about that.

tk
    It is all fun.
    Cliff Hugo fan #1

User Info Menu

Been a long time since that kind of thing happened to me...fights when you've been married a long time (20 years here) have an entirely different dynamic, since there's a lot more at stake and you can't just take a time out from each other.

But IIRC, what worked best back in the day was to do something that absolutely requires your attention but is not self-destructive or stupid. Anything will do...if it makes for a good story later on, all the better.

In my experience, while you're occupying your conscious mind with something manic, your subconscious is working on the problem with your gf. Her subconscious is doing the same thing (it may not seem so now, but she's human, too, and is hurt, too, and has feelings for you, too).

In my case, once the rage departed I'd eventually come up with some sort of peace gesture and some good words to say. Give it time...it'll work out.

Best of luck to you. If she's the right one, have faith that you'll both figure out a way to make it work.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

User Info Menu

Tacking a time out will take fight out of any situation there is.

I got senority on the marriage thing too btw.

Even the worst skeptic will see things differenly after a time out.

Although true to my sig I still got some kids from the sand box days that if I ever see again it won't be to play.

tk
    It is all fun.
    Cliff Hugo fan #1

User Info Menu

Buy You A Stingray! I Know You Want One! :d
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

Thank you for all of the kind words. I really appreciate it. You guys are like an extended family to me.

Turns out though, we departed because she wanted to chase another guy. That's all fine and dandy, but I feel she coulda been a bit more up front about it. I really don't see an us in the future as hard as that is for me to say. I really did love her, but I guess all good things must come to an end, and if it was really meant to be it will work itself out in time. So for now I'm just going to keep myself occupied until I forget it. I've always wanted to go skydiving. Maybe I'll rustle up some cash to make that happen. I got a couple dirt bikes in the garage that I've been meaning to get out, maybe I'll con my dad into going with me this weekend. We'll see.

Once again. Thank all of your for the kind words.

And your right Andrew, I do want a Ray.