Flat Ribbon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new kitty likes the 30th Anniversary SR...

User Info Menu

Talking My new kitty likes the 30th Anniversary SR...

In addition to a fiance, I also got a new kitten this weekend. We lost one of our cats to a blood clot in his legs a couple of weeks ago. We didn't plan on buying a kitten this weekend, but it just kinda happened. She's already made friends with the dog, and our big orange is coming around.

Apparently the little runt knows quality when she sees it.

She was sitting in my lap, and when I was browsing the photos thread, she hopped on the desk and got really close to the monitor.

Here's what the front of her looks like.
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

Another reason i've always been a cat guy.
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Stankface
    Another reason i've always been a cat guy.

Well, what self-respecting man doesn't like a little........cat.
    slightly out of date pic

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

Cute! Makes me think of that Puss-in-Boots face in Shrek 2

Last edited by GassieBall; 06-26-2006 at 06:22 AM. Reason: pic
    Ed

Bongo Stealth 4HH, Sterling Honeyburst 4HS
    SUB Sterling Black 4, SUB Red 4
    MarkBass Little Mark II, MarkBass 104HF + 151HF
    Epifani UL112 x 2

User Info Menu

haha nice. Cats are awesome.

User Info Menu

Talking

Awesome. I love cats. I'd also love a 30th Anniv. SR so please send both to me

User Info Menu

If you've been around here for very long, you know I love cats.

That's a real cute kitten you've got there. Same color as my cat Jazz. I really like tuxedo cats.
    Starting to think about returning to bass playing in the very near future.

Larry

User Info Menu

A little lighter then my 15 pound cat and certainly very adorable
    Hindsight is always in 20/20

Bass EBMM Stingray4 Trans-Orange

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fearofcups
    A little lighter then my 15 pound cat and certainly very adorable

Yeah, she is definitely tiny. Especially compared to Byron-- this is the cat she has to make friends with.

She is doing everything right, though, to get on his good side. She doesn't make me miss our recently departed cat any less, but she certainly brings a smile to my face.
    slightly out of date pic

l to r:

User Info Menu

oh my oh my.

User Info Menu

I'm diggin' the water buffalo hat.
    Andrew

Carbon Blue Pearl HH SR5
    Dargie Delight HS SR5
    Trans Red H SR5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mobay45
    If you've been around here for very long, you know I love cats.

That's a real cute kitten you've got there. Same color as my cat Jazz. I really like tuxedo cats.

We're still trying to decide what color she'll end up. The cat we lost was grey and white. Alice B looks like she has some black in the grey, so we'll see what happens. She is certainly a ball of fun. She made us take her home with us from the adoption--we didn't have a choice....
    slightly out of date pic

l to r:

User Info Menu

The fiance gets a quick mention, and the rest of the thread is about the cat.
    hmm....... good luck with that.

And Congratulations!!!
    Gary

2005 SR5 HS Ltd. Ed. Buttercream/Rosewood

Thunderfunk TFB550
    Aguilar GS212
    Aguilar GS115

User Info Menu

One of the stray cats that hangs out on our patio (we feed them) has a kitten that's about 8 weeks old right now. He is so cute. Looks like he's going to be grey stripped with white socks and fairly long fur.

We named him Lucky. He has some upper respiratory problems where mucous accumulates in his eyes and blinds him. Last Sunday morning, we didn't see him anywhere. By that afternoon we had decided that he was gone. Later, I went around to the front yard to mow and I saw him lying face down in the driveway. I saw that he was breathing, so I picked him up and took him around back to the patio. We thought he was a goner. About 15 minutes later, he was up and around. I figure that he couldn't see anything the night before. We had a storm and I think he got lost and couldn't find his way back so he was lying on the driveway about to have a heat stroke.

Anyway, he's all better now and we are trying to find a no-kill shelter that will take him. That's turning out to be quite a task in itself. We're hoping that will happen later today though. He really would make a good pet. We handle him with no problem at all, but I don't want to make him live outside all his life. We just don't think we can bring him in with our other cats because Jazz already has some upper respiratory problems that we don't want to add to.
    Starting to think about returning to bass playing in the very near future.

Larry

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy-G.
    The fiance gets a quick mention, and the rest of the thread is about the cat.
    hmm....... good luck with that.

And Congratulations!!!

Pssst.......

Notice which one I started yesterday, and which one I started today.

Thanks!
    slightly out of date pic

l to r: