St Vincent Guitar
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN Music Man instruments

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman Nut View Post
    KILL ALL THEIVES, There's no room on this earth for them.
    We don't kill murders in this country any more. Torture is okay until you get caught.

tk
    It is all fun.
    Cliff Hugo fan #1

eBay: ERNIE BALL MUSICMAN JOHN PETRUCCI GUITAR MODEL w/ PIEZO (item 120112772582 end time May-01-07 09:28:29 PDT)

Is that possibly the Petrucci model?
    Someone might need to message the seller and check if the serials match.

Thanks for the lead, Hunter! Welcome to the forum, too! 1st post!
    carpe diem

Yeah, I came over here just to look around, and saw that post, so I checked ebay real quick, and saw that.

Thanks for the welcome, though.

Beth,

Your original post says the JP6 was non-matching headstock. The photos on that eBay auction show a JP6 with matching headstock. Now, it might still be worth getting the serial number anyway because the images could be pilfered as well.
    JP6 Pearl Redburst
    Y2D Purple Sunset
    Dargie Delight (1) Bongo H
    Majesty (6 string) Glacial Frost

Music Man Stingray Stolen

Hey there everyone. Last summer my musicman bass was stolen in downtown Seattle, WA following a gig. I have reported the serial number to the King County Sheriff's department but to no avail they have not found it yet. This was my 'end-all-be-all' bass. If anyone has seen or know of a black cherry burst w/matching headstock, 3-band EQ, rosewood fretboard, with a chip right below the g-string machine head matching serial number:
    E40501
    please let me know ASAP via e-mail. I miss that bass and I want it back! Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
    Adam

Adam, Theres a used Stingray 4H like that at the GC in Cincy i don't know what the SN on it is, I can czech for you this weekend though, its been there for a few months.

is yours a Ray, or a Sterling?

- Andrew

It might be a longshot but look what I found on Craigslist...

Music Man Bass Guitar

plus I'm not sure if I'm posting the link correctly...

Link works...
    Last edited by Housefull; 09-06-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: check link
    Sub 5 Black
    Breedlove Atlas 4
    Roland Bass Micro-Cube

resources

This site may be helpful for those that have been victimized:
    Screaming Stone
    From one page you can search all of craigslist by keyword, ebay musical instruments, and links to other possible outlets.
    They also suggest that buyers check the stolen registry first before buying a used instrument.

I just had two non-mm basses stolen from my home while I was sleeping. Fortunately my mm's were in their cases in my gear closet, but the other 2 were not so lucky.

REPORT REPORT REPORT !!

Sometimes you get lucky!

My stolen MM SR5 was recovered by the folks at the club it had been stolen from!!
    They had an idea who was responsible, but no proof. Someone local spotted it, told them, they confronted the criminal, and UPS is shipping my bass back to me. I have no idea if it is in good shape, if it has been defaced or not, but I do know that there are good people out there who will try to do the right thing! DON'T GIVE UP!!!
    MM SR5 (Translucent Teal) #59284 (Born 02/03/97)
    Ibanez SR600 5 string (needs a home)
    MarkBass Mini Mark II
    Ampeg SVT 4PRO
    Ampeg SVT-CL15 cabinet
    AccuGroove El Whappo cabinet
    EBS Pedals

Screaming Stone

Quote Originally Posted by newtley View Post
    This site may be helpful for those that have been victimized:
    Screaming Stone
    From one page you can search all of craigslist by keyword, ebay musical instruments, and links to other possible outlets.
    They also suggest that buyers check the stolen registry first before buying a used instrument.

I just had two non-mm basses stolen from my home while I was sleeping. Fortunately my mm's were in their cases in my gear closet, but the other 2 were not so lucky.

REPORT REPORT REPORT !!
    Hi Everyone,

I am Screaming Stone. I've been posting stolen instrument notices on my site and numerous other musician boards since Sept '07. Thieves are finding it easier than ever to sell stolen instruments through CL, EBay... We can ask thieves to stop stealing our instruments, but who really thinks that'll work. The police don't have the time nor the resources to look. So this results in increasing number of instruments being stolen every year - over one million musicians get ripped off and less than 3% get their gear back. I found this out the hard way when someone broke into my car and stole one of my customs. Then three of my co-workers had their gear ripped off (one had his entire recording studio ripped off, a second had his practice space ripped off, a third had his guitar stolen from his car while parked at a GC). I got mad - screaming freaking mad - and decided to do something about it.

Musicians are both the victims and consumers. One musician gets ripped off, another buys bad karma stolen gear - often not even realizing its stolen. So musicians are the ones that can make a change.

I started posting stolen notices - and its working. We've recovered over $150,000 in stolen gear (I say we because I only spread the word, it's other musicians who see the posts that have found the gear.) Its been successful because we take an active approach - prior online stolen instrument databases just collected information and waited for someone to decide to search the database. I take a pro-active approach publicizing stolen instruments.

>Make sure people know about the stolen list (I do it for free and I don't have advertising on my site except for google ads when you use the search function - if I knew programming I'd have my own search...) Check the stolen list before you buy a used instrument.
    >Join the friends list on myspace.com/screamingstone - you'll receive bulletins on recently stolen gear.
    >Embed the PSA video I created (A Million Musicians Screaming) to help get this movement of musicians some publicity.

It may take years, but I hope one day thieves will leave our instruments alone knowing that its nearly impossible to sell stolen gear.

Newtley - Thanks for letting people know about the site.

Rock on,
    Screaming Stone

The EB Forum Admin gave me the greenlight to cross-post stolen instrument notices on this forum. Here's where I have been posting the notices:
    Myspace.com/screamingstone (bulletin and a blog)
    Screaming Stone - Stolen Instrument List (the main site)
    The Gear Page: The Gear Page - Powered by vBulletin
    Guitar Trade: http://www.guitartrade.org/forum/index.php
    Ultimate Guitar UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com - powered by vBulletin
    Guitar Forum: .:Guitar Forum:.
    Harmony Central Harmony Central Musician Community Forums
    The Music Player Network MusicPlayer Forums: Viewing list of forums

STOLEN Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport w/sticker "ASHBA"

The guitar is an Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport. Bird's eye maple neck, piezo pickup, standard bridge, 3 knobs, volume knob was removed for easier use. It's a pretty rare guitar, there is a black sticker right below the bridge which says "Ashba" in cool graphics. I support a wife and kid and I really don't have the money to replace the guitar.

Thanks,

Eric

Yeah, I agree with Rex.
    -Ben

hey - I think I may have a lead on that Toshiba TV... I know I've seen it somewhere... someone help me out... you guys know which one I'm talking about right??
    Last edited by theoldmiami; 01-22-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    SR5 HS (Born: 8/31/05)Honeyburst

MarkBass TA501
    Ampeg SVT 410HLF

Quote Originally Posted by silverburst View Post
    There is not a single MusicMan instrument in any of those posts, or even a set of Ernie Ball strings.

First Stolen post I put on this thread is for: