Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery Compartment

Quote Originally Posted by Meister P. View Post
    ... I'm inquireing about getting rechargable batteries for mine. ...
    Rechargeable batteries are great in that, well, they're rechargeable. But the Energizer Nickle NiMH 9vs that I have won't fit into the battery comparment of my Bongo. Like, they're just too big to even fit in.

Also, rechargeable batteries discharge when in use differently than regular batteries. Regular batteries discharge steadily in a linear fashion, whereas rechargeables hold their charge for some time and then suddenly (relative term, but it's fast and noticeable) drop out. I had NiMHs in my calculator and, near the end of the battery's charge life, found that the display would fade out quickly when doing calculations, even the simple ones like addition and such. So there's a caveat to consider.

I stopped using Duracells since they became a risk to me because of the same problem. Switched to Energizers and they've worked fine until now.

don't mean to revive a dead thread, but this is an issue for me. I'm using Energizers in my Axis Super Sport, and already use a shim behind the batt to ensure good connection. However, of late, it seems that when I jump around or bump the batt compartment, the batt loses connection and I lose sound.

Has anyone tried replacing the compartment with something else? I might go out and try a Duracell... see if it fits better...

Quote Originally Posted by jono007 View Post
    don't mean to revive a dead thread, but this is an issue for me. I'm using Energizers in my Axis Super Sport, and already use a shim behind the batt to ensure good connection. However, of late, it seems that when I jump around or bump the batt compartment, the batt loses connection and I lose sound.

Has anyone tried replacing the compartment with something else? I might go out and try a Duracell... see if it fits better...
    This is a Super Sport with piezo right?

I use Procell 9v's in mine, without any noticeable problems.
    "this place would be a paradise tomorrow, if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun"

Monkey Likey

Procell being the industrial Duracells? They're the same thing, just sold in different places. I work at a place that has them and accidentally grabbed the Rayovacs (industrial version) and they fit correctly in my Bongo.

I've had my Bongo for a little more than a year and this was the first time I changed batteries. This is the first bass I've had with this type of battery compartment so I'm not sure what else fits, but I think it came with standard Duracells.

Battery Compartment

I've have 3 music man basses and had trouble with the first 2 with the battery compartment design. . I've found after a while the standard metal clips that the battery needs to stay in contact with will bend and eventually not make consistent contact with the battery. On my Stingray the battery compartment would bang against my leg and sometimes cause drop outs and 'pops'.
    I had my tech change all of the compartments to a 'clip' connector(the kind that snap onto the battery) and it works so much better!

My used Sterling had a Peavey battery that was crammed in tight. After I gently tugged on it with some pliers, it came out whereupon I replaced it with a new DURACELL. The lid wouldn't close properly, but I bought an Everready and it fit perfectly, so now it makes noise again!

I had the same issue, so I just spliced and attached my guitar's innards to a wall wart.

I can only move a few feet from the power source and all venues need to have a wall.

I use Duracell or Varta (European edition)..., no problem with those!!!

I tried once Panasonic (Japan), ...but it didn't fit, ...it was too short, so battery contacts couldn't reach the batt. compartment contacts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klon Solo View Post
    I had the same issue, so I just spliced and attached my guitar's innards to a wall wart.

I can only move a few feet from the power source and all venues need to have a wall.
    Hello Klon,

Your solution sounds limiting. Maybe you should wire an old fashioned connector for a 9 volt (like imandan did)? I am imagining that you'd feel like a dog leashed to a tree having to stand near a wall plug.

What about ordering a replacement battery box from ebmm?

2015 Luke III - BFR - Blackburst
    2014 Luke - BFR - Koa
    2013 Albert Lee - BFR (Pinkbert) with Sustainiac and Gravity Storm
    2013 Luke III - emerald green sparkle with an all rosewood neck
    2012 Morse - BFR - Dark Lord
    2012 Axis - PDN - Honeyburst
    2011 Axis - BFR - Black Sugar Roasted
    2009 Axis - Pink Quilt (Oinky) with pink video game button killswitch
    2006 StingRay - 30th Anniversary fretless

Quote Originally Posted by Klon Solo View Post

Perfect, wish I had come up with that.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

HEINZ

Quote Originally Posted by Tollie View Post
    Hello Klon,

Your solution sounds limiting. Maybe you should wire an old fashioned connector for a 9 volt (like imandan did)? I am imagining that you'd feel like a dog leashed to a tree having to stand near a wall plug.

What about ordering a replacement battery box from ebmm?
    Sorry Tollie, sometimes my humor doesn't translate to text well. Nobody says, "my bad" anymore, but my bad.

There was a period of time that Duracells were always running tight for me not just in the Bongos but also my wireless pack. I had to use Evereadys. Lately bought a brick of Duracells (regualr copper top) and they work fine. So, maybe production runs wander a bit.

Smile Duraceel battery too small!!

I had a similar problem...but the duracell was too small for my Stingray....just wrapped some sellotape around it to make it tight!!