VPJr Tuner

Thread: new bass

User Info Menu

Smile new bass

i have like 1300 bucks to spend on a new bass, what do you think i should get? I jsut sold my deluxe p bass special, so yeah. That bass sucked. Any suggestions?

its either the Sterling or Stingray for me... I don't know which one to choose ahah.
    Last edited by bovinehost; 05-23-2004 at 08:56 PM.
    vegetarian!!!!

User Info Menu

The differences between the two have been discussed many, many times. Simply put, the Sterling's got a slimmer neck. If the SR neck and body are too bulky, go for the Sterling. It's up to you. Go out to your a local guitar shop and try them out.

User Info Menu

ray 5

User Info Menu

GET A BONGO!
    do what now?

User Info Menu

Stingray 5 is my vote!

User Info Menu

BONGO, BONGO, BONGO!!!!

OK, maybe my opinion is a little biased.....but what the hell..

User Info Menu

Re: new bass

Originally posted by rhfactor4
    i have like 1300 bucks to spend on a new bass, what do you think i should get? I jsut sold my deluxe p bass special, so yeah. That bass sucked. Any suggestions?

its either the Sterling or Stingray for me... I don't know which one to choose ahah.
    Sterling = Good
    StingRay = Better
    Bongo = Best!

Each time I play it the sound seems to get better and better. Much more variable sounds than my StingRay 5. At least try one out before you buy. But be prepared; you'll love it.

I got my new Bongo 5 from Gard at Bass Central for $1299.00. Hey you'll have a buck to spare!

User Info Menu

stingray 5iver dood

User Info Menu

Re: Re: new bass

Originally posted by spectorbassguy
    Sterling = Good
    StingRay = Better
    Bongo = Best!

Each time I play it the sound seems to get better and better. Much more variable sounds than my StingRay 5. At least try one out before you buy. But be prepared; you'll love it.

I got my new Bongo 5 from Gard at Bass Central for $1299.00. Hey you'll have a buck to spare!
    This says it all... I have been hanging out at the local GC playing their Bongo (singleH) while I'm waiting for my Bongo 5HHP to ship. I've got to say that even the single H version is VERY impressive. It seems like you can dial in all of the old Ray sounds and then some. I played it through some of the best and worst amps they had it it just sounds great!!! BONGO is the way to go!

User Info Menu

I have a Bongo HH and a Stingray - I still perfer the 'ray.....

c h r i s
    'Exerting my Low End authority as I see fit.'

User Info Menu

Originally posted by cgworkman
    I have a Bongo HH and a Stingray - I still perfer the 'ray.....

Come on... Details!!!

User Info Menu

i would get a ray first, then a bongo, then when you have enough money to spend, get a sterling
    rock with the new sensation!

stunning