JP 20th Anniversary

Thread: Strap Locks.

User Info Menu

Strap Locks.

What kind are you guys using?

I just bought some schallers and i'm not sure i'm even going to try them at this point, they seem like they are going to break on me, anyone got any good sggestions?
    I'm the winner!

User Info Menu

I use the Dunlop version - works great with no problems.
    c h r i s
    'Exerting my Low End authority as I see fit.'

User Info Menu

I have always used Dunlops too, they have been on every bass I have owned!

User Info Menu

I use the Dunlop Dual Designs. They work great for me.
    Stingray 4H - Black Sparkle, rosewood, matching headstock - DOB 5/9/02 (sold)
    Bongo 4H - Candy Red - DOB 5/24/06
    Big Al 4 H Black, Completely Rosewood Neck, Black Pickguard - DOB 01/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The lovely thing about the single H Bongo is it's point-and-shoot simplicity while still maintaining the ability to blow over large vehicles full of campers.

User Info Menu

I've used the schaller's for about 10 years without any problem at all. I have them on all of my basses.
    Starting to think about returning to bass playing in the very near future.

Larry

User Info Menu

A long time ago I tried Schallers but they didn't seem to hold to the body as tightly as Dunlop's. I'm all Dunlop now for the past 25 years - no problems ever.

User Info Menu

Originally posted by spectorbassguy
    A long time ago I tried Schallers but they didn't seem to hold to the body as tightly as Dunlop's. I'm all Dunlop now for the past 25 years - no problems ever.
    For some reason I got started with the Schallers. I guess it's whatever you get used to. They are obviously both good alternatives to just buttoning on your strap. Just get something.

User Info Menu

I feel a sense of deja vu here.

Might be this:

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/show...ght=straplocks

User Info Menu

Originally posted by bovinehost
    I feel a sense of deja vu here.

Might be this:

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/show...ght=straplocks
    vuja de: the feeling that what is happening right now has never happened before

In the future I'm just going to reply with a single word to any Straplok threads:
    Dunlop.

User Info Menu

I think it'd be more efficient to do what Bovine has just done in this thread - direct people to previous posts. Honestly, we should be trying to look for previous threads with similar topics, right? This board's got a wealth of useful information. Ya just gotta search for it.

User Info Menu

Originally posted by midopa
    I think it'd be more efficient to do what Bovine has just done in this thread - direct people to previous posts. Honestly, we should be trying to look for previous threads with similar topics, right? This board's got a wealth of useful information. Ya just gotta search for it.
    aaaahhhhhhhh.......

then what else would we have to do to waste our time??
    c h r i s

User Info Menu

Play bass?

User Info Menu

Originally posted by midopa
    Play bass?
    I don't consider that a waste of time

c h r i s