VPJr Tuner

Thread: Pretty high, pretty quick

User Info Menu

Pretty high, pretty quick

This '97 SR5 is already pretty high as far as bidding goes, having only been up for less than a day...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...726732348&rd=1

Anyone care to explain why? I dont' usually follow the ebay trends of stingrays, especially SR5s, but I didn't think they went for this much used...

And if I'm being silly, and they do usually go for that much, feel free to let me know in no uncertain terms
    Stingray 4H - Black Sparkle, rosewood, matching headstock - DOB 5/9/02 (sold)
    Bongo 4H - Candy Red - DOB 5/24/06
    Big Al 4 H Black, Completely Rosewood Neck, Black Pickguard - DOB 01/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The lovely thing about the single H Bongo is it's point-and-shoot simplicity while still maintaining the ability to blow over large vehicles full of campers.

User Info Menu

Sweet bass...can't really explain why its up so high already.
    ...and on the 8th Day...God created Music Man Guitars...I love God.

User Info Menu

i agree - at that price i'd just buy a new one.......
    c h r i s
    'Exerting my Low End authority as I see fit.'

User Info Menu

That's what I was thinking, too. I was thinking it might be some rare finish/color/neck combination or something. Or maybe the last bidder put their max price in, not expecting it to jump that high right away.

I'm more a fan of the snipe than of bidding everything up front when I Ebay, anyway.
    Stingray 4H - Black Sparkle, rosewood, matching headstock - DOB 5/9/02 (sold)
    Bongo 4H - Candy Red - DOB 5/24/06
    Big Al 4 H Black, Completely Rosewood Neck, Black Pickguard - DOB 01/31/2014

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    The lovely thing about the single H Bongo is it's point-and-shoot simplicity while still maintaining the ability to blow over large vehicles full of campers.

User Info Menu

That's the average price for MM SR basses on eBay. If it goes a bit higher, like cgworkman said, you might as well buy your own. But maybe this is gonna turn out to be one of those auctions that soar in the beginning and flatline until it's over.

User Info Menu

ebay has that problem alot
    its cause people dont know what thier buyin and end up sbinding a ton of cash for used
    I broke my bass playing rockstar in the living room again.

User Info Menu

$950 plus shipping and handling is no deal for that! You can buy them used anywhere for that price and get to play them and try them out first!

User Info Menu

There was a company at the Dallas show that was reducing inventory and they had three new ones or very slightly used for $850.00 your choice, they were some very awesome basses not lot profile castaways.
    just awaiting
    Blessings
    gh

User Info Menu

for that price i'd expect he would clean the fretboard first..

ew..

i can almost feel the gunk protuding from my screen.

joel D.

User Info Menu

What's up with the backside of the neck?

Is it THAT dirty?!?
    c h r i s
    'Exerting my Low End authority as I see fit.'

User Info Menu

Wow, that is fairly high, but can you really put a price on a good Stingray? ; )

I got my (4-string) Stingray of ebay, brand new (store overstock), with matching headstock for $950. Ebay's a fickle lady. A few weeks ago, Akai Deep Impact pedals were selling for almost $400! Musician's Friend was blowing them out a few weeks before for $99, so go figure.
    Some call me the "Gangster of Love"

User Info Menu

If you look at the bidding history, I think you'll find your answer. An eBay member for two years and not one transaction? Why would someone suddenly get the urge to bid six or seven times?

User Info Menu

I don't think it's dirt; just highly figured. I could be wrong.

User Info Menu

the neck appears to be birdeyed, but the fretboard appears to be encrusted....

not worth it, you can find better easily.

joel D.