Strap on your style
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Flea and Modulus done?

User Info Menu

OT: Flea and Modulus done?

if you check out the Modulus website, they have dropped "Flea" from everything...he isn't even on their artists page anymore, and they call his signature bass (i guess i should say former signature bass...) the Funk Unlimited. Maybe it's just because his contract is up, maybe they dropped him since he didn't appear to be a fantastic endorsee, but hopefully he'll start playing something else...

Flea, just go back to the Stingray. You know you want to.
    Last edited by eric B; 08-14-2008 at 09:26 PM.

User Info Menu

I would always welcome Flea back....His management and attorneys got in the way.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

If Flea & EBMM were to renew their relationship, I'd love to see a new chapter ... Flea & the Bongo. Single H, of course.

User Info Menu

I really can't see flea playing a Bongo, but he never stopped playing SR's so that would work
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

New flea signature Stingray? Blue Sparkle? ; )

He might be doing a solo album since the chili's break up, so a new partnership with EBMM might bring back a bit of his old style.
    '89 Musicman Stingray 2EQ Trans Red ('Old Red' the mojo bass!)
    '95 Status S1 Lined Fretless - Figured Walnut Top

User Info Menu

No actually the last cd had him using a sterling a fair amount according to some videos....There will be no signature Flea bass but if he wanted to come back I would love to have him. I left a message for him about 6 months ago that went unanswered...in other words dont hold you breath
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

I love managers!
    -Ben

User Info Menu

They're probably pissed that he was using a 60's Jazz Bass in some videos from the last CD while he was still endorsed by them...

On the Bass Player TV website a series of lessons/interviews about the last album, and he was using an older Sterling (unplugged) to show some bass lines, then there was a snippet showing his 'wall of basses' (which has been removed for some reason), and IIRC, there were a good number of EB's. Having 100's of basses to choose from and he chose the Sterling, it's gotta tell ya something...

It's under 'lessons', then Flea.

Bass Player TV: Channels
    Last edited by x-ray; 08-15-2008 at 08:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtoe View Post
    I love managers!
    Quick, name one!

User Info Menu

Bruce Allen

Theres one
    Sterling HS
    LMK 2 chan head
    Bergie 1 x 12's
    MB STD 1 x 12
    and lotssss more

User Info Menu

captin lou albano

theres another!
    radiance red ltd. stingray
    vintage white ltd. stingray
    green ltd. stingray
    black ltd. with gold hard ware stingray
    dargie delight stngray
    blue dawn ltd.
    namm 100 anniv. stingray
    20th anniv. stingray
    30th anniv. stingray
    20th anniv. 5 string
    black 83' cutlass I
    red 83' cutlass II
    sunburst 77' stingray
    carbon blue 79' sabre
    seqoua gold ltd 08 stingray
    bfr 4 string

User Info Menu

Miss Elizabeth (RIP)

So now the Modulus Flea is the FU bass?

====================================
    141-DD-76-01 Bongo
    111-L5-5M-01 SR

User Info Menu

2018 Stingray Special 5H - Chopper Blue (F81852)
    Line 6 Helix LT and GK MB Amps

Previous Tools: 2001 SR 5H Las Vegas Gold, 2008 SR 4H Trans Teal, 2008 STL 5HS LE2008 Sequoia Gold, 2008 SR 5HH Olive Gold, 2009 Big Al SSS Cabernet Pearl, 2010 Bongo 6HS Cabernet Pearl, 2010 Bongo 6HS DDII Caramel Apple Delight, 2011 Reflex 5HH BFR Black Sugar, 2012 Bongo 6HS PDN "Honey Roast", 2013 Bongo 5HH Stealth Black, 2013 Classic Sabre PDN Sledge, 2015 NTSR 4HH Pacific Blue Burst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Quick, name one!
    I know one of them. The other's a self-described absolutely-in-no-way-managing manager going by the nom de plume, "Bobby Kuh-nig-uht."
    -Ben

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I would always welcome Flea back....His management and attorneys got in the way.
    ugh really? i heard he wanted to name the Stingray after him or something.

such a bummer he quit using EB basses in the first place, he is 1/3 of the reason i first picked up an EB bass, and it would certainly be nice to see him playing one again. seeing him play the Sterling in the bass player interview was cool. maybe he'll use those since he seems to prefer skinnier necks these days.