Mariposa Green
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boo!

User Info Menu

Boo!

Hey Gang

It's been a while! Just having a read through some of the threads and acquainting myself with what's been going on. Seems like ages since we were around!

It also seems that a lot of people have been through the mill recently, from what I've read on certain threads. Unfortunately we've had a few things going on too which have caused our absence.

I've been absolutely stacked at work over the last 6 months or so. Overuse of the computer at work means the tendonitis in my right arm has flared up and I can't play bass.

We also suffered a bereavement a month ago - Trev's mum died very unexpectedly after a short and painful battle with pancreatic cancer and neither of us have taken it very well. He was there when she passed and I didn't have the best of relationships with her - so both of us have different reasons for guilt. Even if I was physically able to play, both mojos are gone, so to speak.

However yesterday Trev picked up his guitar for one of the first times this year (as she fell ill in January) and I think it's coming back to him. We've both been on the forums today looking at pictures and hopefully making plans for the UK Bash in June - although we don't feel like we deserve to go. My bass is going to get a thorough Wonder-Wiping tomorrow and a new set of strings. We'll see where it leads.

I hope everyone here is keeping well and that I'll be back to nag regularly
    "Bobby" - Candy Apple Red Rosewood Sterling H w/Abalone - Feb 1st 2002 - F05226
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa
    I don't think musicians should be trusted with wrenches.

Thanks to the generosity of my favourite bunch of Knuckleheads, our beautiful Balls have been saved!

User Info Menu

Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Please give my best to Trev.
    "If you bend a string and you don't make a face; it's like eating food without tasting it." - Paul Gilbert

black sugar Albert Lee SSS - piezo
    25th Anniversary
    Dargie Delight 1 Silhouette HSH

User Info Menu

You must go to the bash....I insist!
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Music and comraderie will help you thru. Do what Big Poppa says!

User Info Menu

What is this "don't deserve to go" stuff????????? You are one of the family and DO DESERVER to be there. Pappa knows best
    - Ritch
    Bongo 4H - Limited Fritz the Kat Lime Green - Kermit
    Bongo 4H - Dargie Delight
    Bongo 4HH - Sky Blue
    Sterling 4H - Trans Purple

GK and MarkBass stuff

User Info Menu

Good to see you.

what's this nonsense about not going to the bash?

psh. I WISH I could go to the UK bash. I'd probably bring my guitarist friend too. He's a fender freak.. what better way to convert him?
    Basses: Stingray 5 HH Graphite Pearl "Manta"
    A couple fenders
    Ergo instruments electric upright bass
    "firewood" an SX jazz copy.

Amps: None.

Pedals/practice: Korg AX 3000B multi effects.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You must go to the bash....I insist!
    Listen to The Man.

The Man is right.

It's an important part of healing.

All the best! We've missed you and it's great to have you back.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

User Info Menu

Big old positive vibes comin' your way Azzy, I wish I could do more. Time will fix it all.
    Psycho Ward

King of Lefthanzia

"I now pronounce you KING of LEFTHANZIA...its official and no one can take it away..." -BP

4 Bongos
    4 Sterlings
    2 SR5's
    1 SR4

User Info Menu

nice to see you back, sorry about the loss, but get playing and get to the UK bash! I wish i could go, but it clashes with my favourite music festy
    SUB 4 black
    FrankenSUB project

User Info Menu

There's a Bash in your country. You have no choice but to go!

PS. sorry to hear about your bereavement
    Cheers
    Mark

2009 black/tort Big Al 4 SSS

My bands -
    Richard Madden band
    The Australian Rolling Stones Show
    The Volts
    Doors Alive

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about Trev's mum, Azzy.

Like everyone else said, "Go to the Bash."

All the best,

Ben
    -Ben

User Info Menu

Hey Arianne

Sorry to hear about Trevs mom, and about your arm, but I'm confident you two will bounce right back, being young and all

Why not come to sweden, you know you have a place to stay, and yes you must of course come to the bash!

hugs and stuff

/magnus
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

best wishes to you both, keep your chins up guys!!

See you at the BASH!!
    Barbarella - Bongo 4H Egyptian Smoke 16/10/03

Buttercreme Sterling H

Neptune Blue Bongo 4HSP

https://soundcloud.com/themotherhubbardcupboard

User Info Menu

Soryy to hear about your losses, and a hope you have a speedy recovery! There is not a reason in the world you don't deserve to do anything, so get that out of your head right now. The way I see it, when life throws you a bunch of lemons, make some lemonade! Get back into the swing of things and put your guilt and feelings behind you, its the only way to heal, besides going to the bash!

User Info Menu

Azzy and Trev!!!

So sorry to hear of Trev's mum and your arm -- life throws us some curveballs from time to time. Wishing both of you mojo to the max! Welcome back to the forum, we missed you!!!

Cheers!
    Beth
    carpe diem