Strap Blocks
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long shot--Dargie Trade

User Info Menu

Long shot--Dargie Trade

I have come to the conclusion that I simply don't get along with the 5H Bongo as much as I like the HH and SH configurations. I've tried different strings, I've tried different amps, I've tried it live and in the studio. For 5 strings, I simply prefer having a neck pickup and the 4 band EQ. At the same time, the thought of not having a Dargie makes me weep.

So, I was wondering if anyone who has a multiple pickup Bongo that's also a Dargie would be interested in a swap for the 5H. To the best of my knowledge, there are only two 5H Dargie Bongos in the wild. So, this is a fairly rare beast.

There are only a couple of different things that I'm interested in trading for:

Dargie Bongos 4 and 5 string with either HH, or SH configs

Perhaps an SH 20th Anniversary 5 string Stingray

A BFR Bongo with the rosewood neck (a boy can dream)

A Big Al (again--a boy can dream)

I also reserve the right to get cold feet and change my mind (ask Jack! )
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

How about a nice White Bongo HSp? I'll throw in a case of your favorite beer.

CLASSIC STINGRAY White (MHS)
    CAPRICE Natural
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE)
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red)
    BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold)

Musicman Cutlass/Caprice Bass Club on Facebook.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmbassplayer View Post
    How about a nice White Bongo HSp? I'll throw in a case of your favorite beer.
    Thanks, but I've got the white Bongo HSp covered.

slightly out of date pic

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

Two superb basses!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bassmonkeee View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that I simply don't get along with the 5H Bongo as much as I like the HH and SH configurations. I've tried different strings, I've tried different amps, I've tried it live and in the studio. For 5 strings, I simply prefer having a neck pickup and the 4 band EQ. At the same time, the thought of not having a Dargie makes me weep.

So, I was wondering if anyone who has a multiple pickup Bongo that's also a Dargie would be interested in a swap for the 5H. To the best of my knowledge, there are only two 5H Dargie Bongos in the wild. So, this is a fairly rare beast.

There are only a couple of different things that I'm interested in trading for:

Dargie Bongos 4 and 5 string with either HH, or SH configs

Perhaps an SH 20th Anniversary 5 string Stingray

A BFR Bongo with the rosewood neck (a boy can dream)

A Big Al (again--a boy can dream)

Sweet bass, but you may want to sell it and use the money to jack up the left side of your house. It's leaning.
    Ken

Venetian Redburst 25th 5H / Desert Gold Bongo 5H / Honeyburst Sterling 5H / White w/Rosewood Neck StingRay 5H / Blue Pearl Sterling 4H
    And a bunch of non-EBMM stuff!

User Info Menu

This thread makes me insanely jealous.
    1994 Sterling The INVADER Bass
    My short films can be found on http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEyeballKids - feedback always appreciated!

User Info Menu

Jason, joo crazy, meng!
    -Ben

User Info Menu

PM on the way
    -boombox

Brandt Bourque

Owner - Music Inc. of Louisiana
    Music Man Dealer
    www.musicinc.com
    www.facebook.com/musicincgonzales

brandt@musicinc.com

SR5H Trans Gold
    Bongo 4 HH White Pearl/Stealth

User Info Menu

*tapping fingers on desk*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    *tapping fingers on desk*

User Info Menu

He's got you there, Jack.
    slightly out of date pic

l to r:

User Info Menu

But I play that one.

User Info Menu

master of the obvious
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    But I play that one.
    Might yuo be considering the "Perhaps an SH 20th Anniversary 5 string Stingray" part of the post?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    master of the obvious
    Welcome to my world