Volt Power Supply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: i ordered me some white pickup covers!

User Info Menu

i ordered me some white pickup covers!

i think ill glue the black ones to my pj or something.

anyways should i get these proffessionally installed or do it myself? i see the factory specs on the faq and i have a further question. they have the specifications of the distance from the g to the pickup cover but not the e, and i really would like to duplicate the angle as close as i could?

how do i go about switching these things anywho?

i know these are noob questions but pleaaaaase theres like 2 things for for adjusting the one side lol.

will there be a difference in sound from the pickups being slightly different in angle or whatever?

User Info Menu

You should have them professionally installed.

A kinder, gentler collection...

User Info Menu

You just need to get a small screwdriver, unscrew the original covers (thus releasing the pickup I assume) and then screw the white pickup cover on, which will also hold the pickup to the body - and just make small changes in order to keep the height and angle correct - easy.

Should be a simple thing to do yourself, there's not really much room for 'critical errors' on with this one.

Edit: Silverburst, do you realy reckon? Would doing that yourself void the warranty or something?
    1994 Sterling The INVADER Bass
    My short films can be found on http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEyeballKids - feedback always appreciated!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Duarte View Post
    Edit: Silverburst, do you realy reckon? Would doing that yourself void the warranty or something?
    I believe it's a case of "if you have to ask..."
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

Ever heard of a ruler.

Wait....you said covers. As in plural. How many basses you putting them on?
    Last edited by Caca de Kick; 02-04-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    -Mike

2014 Big Al 5 SSS tangerine
    1978 StingRay white

User Info Menu

You just need to get a small screwdriver, unscrew the original covers (thus releasing the pickup I assume) and then screw the white pickup cover on, which will also hold the pickup to the body - and just make small changes in order to keep the height and angle correct - easy.

Should be a simple thing to do yourself, there's not really much room for 'critical errors' on with this one.

+1

Just measure the hight from the string to the pickup BEFORE you tool anything on the E & G string to use as a guide to put it back to ware it was before you started (as the screws that hold it down also adjust the hight of the pickup to the string) an you shouldn't have a problem doing it yourself.
    Last edited by danny-79; 02-04-2010 at 01:18 PM.

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005.LE
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    Bongo 5HH. Firemist Purple. 2019
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kevins View Post
    i think ill glue the black ones to my pj or something.

anyways should i get these proffessionally installed or do it myself? i see the factory specs on the faq and i have a further question. they have the specifications of the distance from the g to the pickup cover but not the e, and i really would like to duplicate the angle as close as i could?

how do i go about switching these things anywho?

i know these are noob questions but pleaaaaase theres like 2 things for for adjusting the one side lol.

will there be a difference in sound from the pickups being slightly different in angle or whatever?
    Make sure and put the screws back in the reverse order in which they were removed.

User Info Menu

Edit: Silverburst, do you realy reckon?
    Rex and 95% of forum members would DIY, but Rex's advice was perfectly correct in the case of kevins.
    Cheers
    Mark

2009 black/tort Big Al 4 SSS

My bands -
    Richard Madden band
    The Australian Rolling Stones Show
    The Volts
    Doors Alive

User Info Menu

Remember to start a new thread when they arrive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ekb16b View Post
    Remember to start a new thread when they arrive.
    pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

User Info Menu

yeah i guess what im wondering here is if a slight tilt in the wrong direction of less than a full milimeter will cause major tonal change or if it being milimeter higher or lower than it is. if its that sensitive then ill take it in for a pro to do it but if not ill do it myself. anyone know here?

User Info Menu

on a side note...am i the only one excited by this?!?!? they just started offering them a couple days ago. I've been waitin' me whole life for white pickup covers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kevins View Post
    on a side note...am i the only one excited by this?!?!? they just started offering them a couple days ago. I've been waitin' me whole life for white pickup covers.
    So, are they available for the new style HH models as well?
    Have bass. Will play.
    Looking for Sessions in Switzerland. Area: Züri/Winti/Rappi

Music Man Collection Essentials
    MarkBass F1, SansAmp RBI, MarkBass Standard 104HR; MoMark (T1M/42S/MVV)@500, NY604; Minimark
    Holding down the bottom end for Redsteam

User Info Menu

i dont know actually but i did get to order them for a single h, you may want to ask EB customer service

User Info Menu

No.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So, are they available for the new style HH models as well?
    "Scott Moreno"