EBMM Stingray bass blue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of my current balls!

sitonmybass Guest
    My current balls!

Lately, if a new bass arrives during the day while I'm at home and Mrs.sitonmybass is at work, I refuse to open it up until she gets home. This will be the fourth bass that we've done this with. For us, it's a great thing to share together.

She usually says something like, "Oh...man!" when she sees one for the first time.
    Last edited by sitonmybass; 07-20-2010 at 02:12 AM.

User Info Menu

Nice Nick, what are your favourite aspects of each instrument?
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

sitonmybass Guest
    Just last night (a few hours ago, technically) I played my Sterling 5 single H and it sounded incredible. To answer your question, each has its own distinct "voice." The following are more like descriptions, but they might as well be considered favorite aspects.

STERLING 5 SINGLE H: aggressive, "in-your-face," and snappy

BONGO 5 HH: smooth, clean, deep and rich

BONGO 5 SINGLE H: smooth, clean, warm and "pleasant sounding"

It will, of course, be interesting when I get my eager paws on my new Big Al 5 single H rosewood. As of this writing, I still have never even seen any Big Al in person let alone play one!

NOTE: When I was playing my Sterling 5 single H last night there were moments when I thought to myself, "This is the most incredible bass I have ever heard!"
    Last edited by sitonmybass; 04-03-2010 at 09:32 AM.

User Info Menu

White black rosewood sterling lovely.

What happened to the white pearl big al??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sitonmybass View Post
    When I was playing my Sterling 5 single H last night there were moments when I thought to myself, "This is the most incredible bass I have ever heard!"
    I had the same with my Stingray 5 bfr on the rehearsal yestersday. Maybe it was a good day for th traditional axes. Must 've been the weather...
    https://www.facebook.com/Canyoucancan
    bassic profile

1991 SR4 H black/rw since 1992
    2009 Big Al SSS Olive Gold / Gold swirl
    2009 SR5 HH bfr tobacco burst / all rw neck
    2008 Bongo 5 HH egyptian smoke / phyton
    2006 Bongo 4 HP medallion gold / abalone (SmallEQ Bongo)
    2010 Big Al 5 H bfr roasted neck

sitonmybass Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ekb16b View Post
    White black rosewood sterling lovely.

What happened to the white pearl big al??
    Initially, I had decided to get the White Pearl with black pickguard and non-matching headstock which would have been almost exactly like my Sterling 5 single H, but I couldn't get the Candy Red one out of my mind.

When I bought my Bongo 5 single H Orange Firemist with vintage white pearloid pickguard that choice was "outside the box" for me in terms of color, but I love it!. I most likely would not have chosen Candy Red if I had actually placed a custom order for the Big Al 5 single H but I decided to step "outside the box" again.
    Last edited by sitonmybass; 07-20-2010 at 02:10 AM.

User Info Menu

Thats a nice collection you have there .

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

I LOVE the silver...makes me miss my old silver Modulus Flea(cough cough dont kick me).
    I'd love a silver stingray...maybe next year
    Bongos, stingrays, many colors, many years. I love em all!

"They want you to be Jesus, they go down on one knee.
    But they want their money back if you're alive at 33?"

User Info Menu

Nice collection...you do good for those of us who a "visually stimulated." Non-picture posts are boring!!!
    Stingray HH

Markbass LM III & 102p
    Markbass CMD 102P & 410 HR

My band:
    http://www.declassifiedband.com/

sitonmybass Guest
    Thanks for the compliments, I've been eager to post a thread that showed all of them.

I highly recommend checking with dealers about incoming basses designated for stock/sales and placing a non custom pre-order. The wait time can be significantly less if the bass you choose has been in production for awhile. Being given a list, you may (like myself) choose something that you may not have considered. Ask for a list of all the incoming basses that are your preference in regards to model, fretboard wood and pickup configuration and then choose a color combo that's on the way. There are, of course, obvious advantages to placing a special order.
    Last edited by sitonmybass; 02-19-2010 at 01:40 PM.

User Info Menu

J

STERLING 5 SINGLE H: aggressive, "in-your-face" and snappy

BONGO 5 HH: smooth, clean, deep and rich

BONGO 5 SINGLE H: smooth, clean, warm and "pleasant sounding"

NOTE: When I was playing my Sterling 5 single H last night there were moments when I thought to myself, "This is the most incredible bass I have ever heard!"
    These are perfect descriptions. I could not have described it better. Curious Sitonmybass...are you are using flats on your Bongo and rounds on your Sterling?
    Black BIG AL 4SSS
    White Pearl Big Al 4SSS.
    Little Mark Tube 800

sitonmybass Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Powman View Post
    These are perfect descriptions. I could not have described it better. Curious Sitonmybass...are you are using flats on your Bongo and rounds on your Sterling?
    Rounds, rounds and more rounds all around!

And speaking of "rounds," my band plays the song "Roundabout" by YES; we're personal friends of Alan White, their drummer. Next Saturday, February 27th, Alan is again arranging for the entire band (and one guest each) to see them in concert which includes free tickets to the show and full access which includes the after concert "meet and greet."

I posted a backstage pic of us with Alan White in my thread entitled: "Pics of my original Bongo 5 HH from Downtown Disney." It's on the first page of the thread, post #13, first picture. The pic was taken the last time they were in town.
    Last edited by sitonmybass; 02-20-2010 at 02:21 AM.

User Info Menu

And speaking of "rounds," my band plays the song "Roundabout" by YES; we're personal friends of Alan White, their drummer. Next Saturday, February 27th, Alan is again arranging for the entire band (and one guest each) to see them in concert which includes free tickets to the show and full access which includes the after concert "meet and greet."
    Two comments.
    1. I am a HUGE Yes fan
    2. I am officially so jealous, that I now hate you.

You must use your Sterling for Roundabout. That must sound awesome!
    Black BIG AL 4SSS
    White Pearl Big Al 4SSS.
    Little Mark Tube 800

User Info Menu

Am I the only one that thinks Geddy Lee should try a Bongo HHP?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Wazoo View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Geddy Lee should try a Bongo HHP?
    Not at all Wazoo...I agree totally.

But I think he should also try a Sterling. Personally I think Rush is better suited for a Sterling, but a Bongo would be excellent as well.

Or the 25th...
    Black BIG AL 4SSS
    White Pearl Big Al 4SSS.
    Little Mark Tube 800