Flat Ribbon
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Bass Gathering: Now With Photos

User Info Menu

Texas Bass Gathering: Now With Photos

Every year or so, the wife takes off for South America and leaves me to my own devices for a week or two. This time is once again approaching.

I'm thinking to do this the weekend of March 12-13th, whichever date works best for the majority is okay with me. Friday or Saturday? If you're in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, consider yourself invited. People generally bring food and maybe beer but it isn't necessary. I have some extra beds and a futon in case you don't have a designated driver and feel the need to drink of the demon rum.

I'd like to get a reasonably accurate head-count. Last time, we had a couple of guitarists and a drummer, too. I'll work on that again this year. Sometimes I can talk the Mothership into sending little bits of goodies, bass strings and perhaps a shirt or poster or two.

Who's in?

I'm in Highland Village, just north of Flower Mound, not far from Lewisville or Denton.

Jack

User Info Menu

sniff... wish Texas was closer
    - Ritch
    Bongo 4H - Limited Fritz the Kat Lime Green - Kermit
    Bongo 4H - Dargie Delight
    Bongo 4HH - Sky Blue
    Sterling 4H - Trans Purple

GK and MarkBass stuff

User Info Menu

Firm up the date. I'm in, just need a flight...

A kinder, gentler collection...

User Info Menu

looking forward to seeing pics

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverburst View Post
    Firm up the date. I'm in, just need a flight...
    nice Rex glad your coming, looking forward to my second one, guys and girls if out there this is a fun gathering, Jack is a killer host, and while no death queso this year, I am planning to cook up what I call my version of Tejas Surf and Turf, think buffalo, shrimp, and mommas salsa

mommas not going to like it when I tell her to get choppin, actually she will enjoy it, hope to see you there, killer time

User Info Menu

Sink a crate for me!
    1994 Sterling The INVADER Bass
    My short films can be found on http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEyeballKids - feedback always appreciated!

User Info Menu

One more reason I would love to live in Texas.

sitonmybass Guest
    Hey, Jack!
    I just noticed on my band Stormbringer's March web-site calendar that there's a "Private Event" listed for Sat. March 13th. Did you hire us and nobody told me?
    Last edited by sitonmybass; 03-01-2010 at 08:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Just let me know, baby.
    -Ben

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtoe View Post
    Just let me know, baby.
    We're thinking - we being me and Rex - that Saturday would be peachy. Rex might come in on Friday, so we'd of course feel like death warmed over by Saturday, but we know how to do that.

User Info Menu

Jack, funny enough my gf is on business in Texas next week but I wouldn't let her in if I was you, she's been instructed to knock you unconscious with a rolling pin, and steal all your basses (Joke)

But yeah she is there on business for 3 days. I don't think she'd have the courage nor the time.

Have fun!

User Info Menu

Well, she's very welcome. We're old and married and toothless and pretty boring, but she really IS welcome. What part of Texas? It's a big place.

User Info Menu

Count this Bean in!
    Bean

'09 GC 45th Anniversary SR5 HH

87% of the time, whatever I write is with tongue planted firmly in cheek...

User Info Menu

Not too many people have played a Big Al 5 with flats!

Beanz, my email is bovinehost(at)tx(dot)rr(dot)com for directions and details and whatnot.

That goes for the rest of you, too.

User Info Menu

Bi(n)go!
    Bean

'09 GC 45th Anniversary SR5 HH

87% of the time, whatever I write is with tongue planted firmly in cheek...