Ernie Ball Prodigy Picks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Most of Us Have Other Brands of Basses...

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Most of Us Have Other Brands of Basses...

    Yes, even moderators and Big Poppas have a few skeletons in the closet.

    But I notice an increase in the amount of conversation about other brands, even if it's sometimes folded into a thread which is ostensibly about EBMM.

    And listen, I truly HATE to moderate anything. I really detest editing anyone's posts.

    So please, even if it's "My EBMM is so much better than XXX brand", let's try to keep that kind of thing down, please. Because once you bring it up, it's off to the races with additional comments about non-EBMM basses.

    See my point?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jack

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    Yes, even moderators and Big Poppas have a few skeletons in the closet.

    But I notice an increase in the amount of conversation about other brands, even if it's sometimes folded into a thread which is ostensibly about EBMM.

    And listen, I truly HATE to moderate anything. I really detest editing anyone's posts.

    So please, even if it's "My EBMM is so much better than XXX brand", let's try to keep that kind of thing down, please. Because once you bring it up, it's off to the races with additional comments about non-EBMM basses.

    See my point?

    Thanks in advance.

    Jack
    So your saying Other People make basses too?? where?

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Ten-four.
    2010 Bongo 5H Black
    2005 LE Stingray 4H Buttercream fretless

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    There are non-EBMM basses?

    Wow. I need to pay closer attention. I thought the evil plan for world domination had already succeeded.

    Point taken.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

    AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

    Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

    http://www.coolshoesband.com

    BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman Nut View Post
    So your saying Other People make basses too?? where?
    Of course silly!.... Don't forget the OLP's and Sterling by Music Man!
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    See my point?
    Yes, I do!
    Happy with my Ray since 1979

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Let me change my user name and I won't mention the f word ever again.

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Jack ,

    That was by far the nicest "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you"
    spanking I have ever recieved . Thank you for the buffer.

    I think you should be called a "Moder-none-nicer" from now on.


    ;-)

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Bass = Stingray

    ====================================
    141-DD-76-01 Bongo
    111-L5-5M-01 SR

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    There are other brands of basses? To quote Johnny Carson, "I did not know that."
    2008 Sterling 4H - Honey Burst / RW
    2008 Sterling 5H - Honey Burst / RW
    2013 Classic Sabre - Natural / RW
    2013 Sterling 5H - Sterling Silver / RW
    2014 Classic Sabre - Honey Burst / RW

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bradfordws View Post
    There are other brands of basses? To quote Johnny Carson, "I did not know that."

    Nice one. or to quote Seinfeld "Newman...."

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 57fenderjazz View Post
    Let me change my user name and I won't mention the f word ever again.
    Do it man, I would do it if I were you....
    1994 Sterling The INVADER Bass
    My short films can be found on http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEyeballKids - feedback always appreciated!

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 57fenderjazz View Post
    Let me change my user name and I won't mention the f word ever again.
    I hear that if you ask nicely enough, this can happen. Mr. Bovinehost may be able to help.
    Want to add a thumbrest without drilling holes in your bass? Read this post!

    Bass player for Adam's Evil and From Dogs to Wolves.

    As of now only playing Music Man basses!
    1998 Stingray Trans Red/Rosewood
    2007 Sterling HS Pacific Blue Burst/Maple
    GK 1001RB-II | GK 410RBX | GK 115RBX

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher View Post
    I hear that if you ask nicely enough, this can happen. Mr. Bovinehost may be able to help.
    I asked nicely back in september. I'm being patient. Just dropping another hint.

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Damn it Jack!!!!

    I wasn't even thinking about other basses I had wasted good $$$ on and now you make a thread making me think about them.....THANKS A LOT MAN!!!!



    --Ant
    The surest way to fail is not to try.

    * 25th Anniversary 4HSS Venetian Red - Flamed - Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Orpheus)
    * Bongo 4HHP- Sapphire Black - Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Merlin)
    * Bongo 4HH Fretless - Lava Pearl - Pau Ferro FB - EB Coated Super Slinky Strings (Phoebe)
    * Stingray 4H Burnt Apple -Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Yvette)
    * Ray34 4H Honey Burst - Rosewood FB - EB Cobalt Super Slinky Strings (Francis)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums