Ready to Roar

Thread: 1977 / 78 stingray

User Info Menu

1977 / 78 stingray

hi guys, thinking about buying a 77 / 78 natural stingray, it has a white H pickup, is that normal??? any advice greatly appreciated.

stub

User Info Menu

Yep, there are white pickups on some of the earlier Stingrays.

Got any photos?

User Info Menu

Yep - some pics would be great!
    Happy with my Ray since 1979

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stub View Post
    hi guys, thinking about buying a 77 / 78 natural stingray, it has a white H pickup, is that normal??? any advice greatly appreciated.

stub
    Yes the did white covers for about 6 months, but I must say with owning many of those years, if your buying for maybe a resale in the future i'd say go for it but as apples for apples The New Classic series will smoke that 1977 Stingray hands down and sound the same, Necks will have almost the same feel etc.

Plus it'll take you 15 minutes to set an Ernie Ball up and 3 hours for your 77.
    Anyway that's from me hope it helps email us back if you have more questions.

User Info Menu

77 (ish) Stingray

Sorry can't seem to attach it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Musicman Nut View Post
    ....it'll take you 15 minutes to set an Ernie Ball up and 3 hours for your 77.
    Ah, the memories....

User Info Menu

77 stingray

Thanks guys thats great. i'm looking at a few old girls at tha mo, nice fretless in london on ebay (i live 70 miles out of london) that i'll go and have a blast on.
    Here is a link to the shop (there are two identical stingrays in the USA at the mo) which i like the look off.

Music Man (1977) Stingray 4-String 2EQ Electric Bass Guitar, Natural Finish/Maple Neck, Black Pickguard/White Pickup w/ Hardshell Case - Music Man Basses at Bass Emporium