Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Required Reading: Forum Decorum

Jack, thanks for this. My bass-playing daughter would love to be an endorsee some day, and I would hate to have her subjected to some of the comments. She hears enough of those at high school.

Jack,

Since you posted this is on the "bass" thread, does this apply to the guitar side too?

lol

Blog Entries
    Wow good thing those skinny stringers cant read bass clef. Wow what losers! hehehehehe
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    its a platform to share you ideas, enthusiasm and all things Music Man....
    And we thank you for this.

tbone

I consider this one of the very few civilized music forums available, let's keep it as cool as the other side of the pillow.

w00t

Thanks for this. I'm not a big poster but I do read every day and yeah the bad stuff makes a difference.
    Want to add a thumbrest without drilling holes in your bass? Read this post!

Bass player for Adam's Evil and From Dogs to Wolves.

As of now only playing Music Man basses!
    1998 Stingray Trans Red/Rosewood
    2007 Sterling HS Pacific Blue Burst/Maple
    GK 1001RB-II | GK 410RBX | GK 115RBX

Yeah, however, I just wish. . . . . . . . . . . . .; I forgot what I was gonna say??

Wow good thing those skinny stringers cant read bass clef. Wow what losers! hehehehehe
    I'm taking up bass
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

I hear ya and will follow the rules, it's just I am Irish and tend to get the butt end of the jokes and abuse ( not here) and I would admit to making a stupid comment about the French but it's just my sense of humour. It won't happen again I. can see your point.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt you, I can still here my mum singing it to me when I was a kid I just think it's a pity it not true anymore. People get " offended" to easy now days. But yes I totally see your point and sorry to any nation I may have offended in the past.
    The bit about the girls could not be more true I posted a pic of our singer a few months ago and was very unsure about doing it but I am Awful proud of her, that said we did keep it clean that time!
    Your house your rules BP and I won't break them ( again!)
    Dave

There will always be - always should be - the good natured give and take between the guitar players and the real musicians.

I mean, guitar players and bass players.

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post
    There will always be - always should be - the good natured give and take between the guitar players and the real musicians.

I mean, guitar players and bass players.

you're the best Jack
    Australian Music Man Dealer Contact us
    See Guitar Planet Videos Here

I'll take that compliment sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDuBaldo View Post
    Wonder Wipes for Smelly Bum?

Blog Entries
    Guys can we not hijack this please
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

Due to all the **** talking my friend will no longer be on this forum. It would be nice if everyone could live by the golden rule! BP has a great forum here, please show some respect to fellow human beings. There was no need for this to happen!
    Last edited by bovinehost; 09-01-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57fenderjazz View Post
    Due to all the **** talking my friend will no longer be on this forum. It would be nice if everyone could live by the golden rule! BP has a great forum here, please show some respect to fellow human beings. There was no need for this to happen!
    I've had a conversation with the person in question (let's leave names out of it in case things work out, which they often do) and have explained the situation as best I can. No one was attacked, there were no sexual innuendos, it was simply a joke that was meant one way (harmless) and taken another (personal insult).

Joking around with each other was not meant to stop. There is a history of such things, in fact, of deflating each others' balloons and so on. If every time someone said something vaguely insulting to me I slammed the laptop closed and decided I'd been grievously injured somehow, my laptop would be broken beyond repair and I'd be in therapy. So....

....I think we can move on from this.