Ernie Ball Paradigm
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88

Thread: Required Reading: Forum Decorum

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,992
    You got me wrong, I am only asking people to respect your forum and each other.
    Liquid Titanium

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Oakland - Raider Nation!
    Posts
    3,575
    Chuck,

    I never get any pm's, emails, certified letters, etc. . . . In fact I pm myself (no, not that!!) just to see what it's like to have a message saying, "I have something in my box."

    Oh yeah, once I did get an email, but then it was rescinded.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    640

    There are enough lame forums already, i say we shoot for "cool" and then charge newbs

    my two cents. a portion also posted in another thread reply, but i reckon it belongs here...

    we can go one of 2 directions here: 1. make bp and mods have to be politically correct evangelical crusaders, which only makes this forum lame, and grieves their own spirits, because its contrary to everything they ACTUALLY want to be as humans, or..... 2. we can all pull the sticks out of our a$$es, safely assume that "creativity" is the most important forum member (jack please make it impossible for someone to use that word as their username), and moderate ourselves by believing that everyone has something to give, and learn. take all jokes as lighthearted fun, especially when we deserve to be made fun of, and move on to something greater..... INSPIRING EACH OTHER by sharing our knowledge and passion and art, and for the love of god never ever ever pm'ing big poppa!!!! im not a robot, and i never met a robot that i either liked, or found even remotely hang worthy. please lets not force the mods to overburden this beautiful place down with RULES. the whole point is, ebmm seems to be a company that thrives on the challenge of in fact CHALLENGING the rules, and pre conceived notions that have weighed down music, art, and creativity, and brought it to current lame auto-tuned state. rather lets all dial into the true spirit of this company.... cool self confidence. you are cool, because you say so. if you like the way something sounds, then own it. everyone else thinks one way, its ok to disagree, sometimes its even righteous to stir things up. isnt that how we got our beloved BONGO??? in my mind, thats sterling giving the boutique "master craftsmen" (more like master rebranded '60s pbass reassembly-men) the middle finger. spirit , which gets all fouled up via written text, is the issue. if we use this amazing resource (forum) as a place of enlightenment, encouragement, humility, creativity, i have no doubt that we can inspire each other to actually USE the bongo/reflex/bigal/stingray/etc to create fresh art, and sound, that we didnt even know we were personally capable of. the world changes when a group of people come together in one spirit, and believe in something. we ALL need each other, and no doubt, our current world (and its radio waves) needs some changing. i know this is an ebmm bass forum, but i also believe these basses were created to inspire a positive movement. to say the least, it has set my creativity on fire. if we all tune into this, we wont need any mods at all, and i think we can put jack right out of a job, hahaha. or we can be lame, insecure, politically corrected robots exchanging pretty bass pictures, bragging about lowest action, bass weight etc, but missing the whole point. besides... dont we already have a talkba$$??...... i think thats the spirit, or maybe theres a different section on the ebmm forum main board for that. if there is, would someone kindly point me to it???

    craig young, speaking only for himself.. and auto tune, who really wants a few years off.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dall-Ass, TX
    Posts
    17,691
    And I really, seriously think that was beautiful.

    We're all on the same bus, headed the same way - so lay down the pretense, sheath your weapons, break out a deck of cards and let's figure out how to bite life's nose off.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    69 degrees north
    Posts
    2,833
    Quote Originally Posted by cyoungnashville View Post
    my two cents. a portion also posted in another thread reply, but i reckon it belongs here...

    we can go one of 2 directions here:

    1. make bp and mods have to be politically correct evangelical crusaders, which only makes this forum lame, and grieves their own spirits, because its contrary to everything they ACTUALLY want to be as humans, or.....

    2. we can all pull the sticks out of our a$$es, safely assume that "creativity" is the most important forum member (jack please make it impossible for someone to use that word as their username), and moderate ourselves by believing that everyone has something to give, and learn.

    take all jokes as lighthearted fun, especially when we deserve to be made fun of, and move on to something greater.....

    INSPIRING EACH OTHER by sharing our knowledge and passion and art, and for the love of god never ever ever pm'ing big poppa!!!!

    im not a robot, and i never met a robot that i either liked, or found even remotely hang worthy. please lets not force the mods to overburden this beautiful place down with RULES.

    the whole point is, ebmm seems to be a company that thrives on the challenge of in fact CHALLENGING the rules, and pre conceived notions that have weighed down music, art, and creativity, and brought it to current lame auto-tuned state.

    rather lets all dial into the true spirit of this company.... cool self confidence. you are cool, because you say so. if you like the way something sounds, then own it. everyone else thinks one way, its ok to disagree, sometimes its even righteous to stir things up. isnt that how we got our beloved BONGO???

    in my mind, thats sterling giving the boutique "master craftsmen" (more like master rebranded '60s pbass reassembly-men) the middle finger. spirit , which gets all fouled up via written text, is the issue.

    if we use this amazing resource (forum) as a place of enlightenment, encouragement, humility, creativity, i have no doubt that we can inspire each other to actually USE the bongo/reflex/bigal/stingray/etc to create fresh art, and sound, that we didnt even know we were personally capable of.

    the world changes when a group of people come together in one spirit, and believe in something. we ALL need each other, and no doubt, our current world (and its radio waves) needs some changing.

    i know this is an ebmm bass forum, but i also believe these basses were created to inspire a positive movement. to say the least, it has set my creativity on fire.

    if we all tune into this, we wont need any mods at all, and i think we can put jack right out of a job, hahaha.

    or we can be lame, insecure, politically corrected robots exchanging pretty bass pictures, bragging about lowest action, bass weight etc, but missing the whole point.

    besides... dont we already have a talkba$$??......

    i think thats the spirit, or maybe theres a different section on the ebmm forum main board for that. if there is, would someone kindly point me to it???

    craig young, speaking only for himself.. and auto tune, who really wants a few years off.
    sorry craig, but i had to do this to be able to read the whole thing

    i do hope you take it in good spirits.. no bad intentions on my behalf!

    MrM
    flats for the bongo!
    roundwounds for the fretless!

    eb customer support:
    E-mail: musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com
    Telephone: +1 866-823-2255

    trussrod adjustment:
    Click here for an image!
    less relief / flatter = lower action
    more relief / bow = higher action
    do NOT use cheap tools to adjust with. they break and scrape up your bass!

    if you have a 100th namm sr4: the truss works the other way around on those!

    i have no affiliation with eb other than i love their basses

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee, United States
    Posts
    640
    hahah. thanks. i write pretty much in a "stream of consciousness" kinda vibe. it has come back to bite me on occasion. most of the time it works out pretty good, cause no one usually ventures beyond the 3rd sentence.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    69 degrees north
    Posts
    2,833
    this was worth venturing beyond the 3rd sentence and thats why i did it

    MrM
    flats for the bongo!
    roundwounds for the fretless!

    eb customer support:
    E-mail: musicman_customerservice@ernieball.com
    Telephone: +1 866-823-2255

    trussrod adjustment:
    Click here for an image!
    less relief / flatter = lower action
    more relief / bow = higher action
    do NOT use cheap tools to adjust with. they break and scrape up your bass!

    if you have a 100th namm sr4: the truss works the other way around on those!

    i have no affiliation with eb other than i love their basses

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,761
    and it would seem the grandist of wazoo's would fall pray to this too.

    Dont really know or want to know the story but it would seem Fran will no longer be around these parts,pitty he was good fun too.he did enjoy getting under your skin sometimes

    his HHP bongo is a beast btw and one which he will not sell to me ! i am however very lucky he gave it to me on loan.

    Dave

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by DTG View Post
    and it would seem the grandist of wazoo's would fall pray to this too.

    Dont really know or want to know the story but it would seem Fran will no longer be around these parts,pitty he was good fun too.he did enjoy getting under your skin sometimes

    his HHP bongo is a beast btw and one which he will not sell to me ! i am however very lucky he gave it to me on loan.

    Dave
    Eh?

    Have I missed something?
    "this place would be a paradise tomorrow, if every department had a supervisor with a sub-machine gun"

    Monkey Likey

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,761
    i think we all did but best to leave it there,just dont think he will be posting anymore.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,659
    BP and the moderating team are very generous here. In baseball, people only get 3 strikes before they're out.
    Cheers
    Mark

    2009 black/tort Big Al 4 SSS

    My bands -
    Richard Madden band
    The Australian Rolling Stones Show
    The Volts
    Doors Alive

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    4,627
    Quote Originally Posted by DTG View Post
    i think we all did but best to leave it there,just dont think he will be posting anymore.
    I've been here for six wonderful years. The moderation has always been superb. If someone feels the need to leave, well...more power to them.
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

    l to r:

    Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

    Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

    Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Coachella & SLO, California
    Posts
    18,446
    Blog Entries
    17
    Why is someone who was very very difficult allowed to pm his few friends whining. Fran is not welcome. In his latest indignant rant he crossed a line that he can not return from. I will not allow any more bandwidth to be spent on him
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

    Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark View Post
    BP and the moderating team are very generous here. In baseball, people only get 3 strikes before they're out.
    Same thing with California felons.
    "That Bongo is the Abe Vigoda of basses."
    - BP

    "Don't play it if you don't feel it."
    - James Jamerson

    I am the Heidi Fleiss of bass owners!

    ~James~

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Safe European Home, Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    4,338
    I finally foud this (I'm thinking the term required reading got my punk attitude going) and I must admit that apart from the Craig rant (very nicely put, what is that man on?) and Chucks shocking revelation I don't understand any of this thread. Original post is pretty obvious, something happened and it got ugly, but it's sorted now, right?

    No idea why I posted this, except I wanted to tell jack I did as i was told. (required reading and all that...)
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

    HEINZ

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Paradigm