2020 StingRay Special colors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any other MM S.U.B. 4 or S.U.B. 5 owners here?

User Info Menu

Any other MM S.U.B. 4 or S.U.B. 5 owners here?

Granted I haven't been on here long, but I don't seem to see a lot of SUB guitars on here. I know that they have been discontinued, but no one else with older models? I still see a few for sale in music stores.
    Also, I plan on getting another MM later on once I can actually get some money together after all my bills. LOL! Which would be a better choice for hard rock/metal twinges: BONGO or Sterling? I wanna hear from some players.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Five-string; 12-09-2010 at 01:24 PM.
    S.U.B. 5 (Discontinued)

User Info Menu

cha-ching.SUB owner here..........and she plays sweet too.

2001 STERLING H/ black/black ice pg/rosewood board
    2003 SUB active white/black pg/rosewood board

SterlingStudios

User Info Menu

fly,

That pic makes me itch...and not for a SUB.
    ...Bryan

194-59-21-01 Sterling Silver Sterling5 HH Rosewood MHS F28514 3/14/11

User Info Menu

The Bongo by far for metal. It's got a very hot signal and handles drive very well. Its my first EBMM bass, and hopefully not the last. I spent a whole year actively searching for the perfect hard rock/metal bass and found the Bongo 6 HH. But no matter how many strings or pickup config, every Bongo I've played sounds phenomenal in a metal setting. I am partial to the HH for added low end.
    2012 Bongo 5HH PDN Honey Roasted
    GK 700RB-II, Neo 210, Neo 115-III

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kamakazee View Post
    The Bongo by far for metal. It's got a very hot signal and handles drive very well. Its my first EBMM bass, and hopefully not the last. I spent a whole year actively searching for the perfect hard rock/metal bass and found the Bongo 6 HH. But no matter how many strings or pickup config, every Bongo I've played sounds phenomenal in a metal setting. I am partial to the HH for added low end.
    Thanks, bro. I appreciate the input.
    S.U.B. 5 (Discontinued)

User Info Menu

Bongo for EVERYTHING.

I hate to be such a sniveling fanboi but it's the truth. The Bongo HH is the single most flexible bass I've ever heard of. The HH along with the 4-band preamp allow you so many options for tone shaping that the bass can do anything you ask it to do.

FWIW, I play Gospel almost exclusively and my Bongo has gotten the job done in every venue, through every rig, on every song I've ever played. To the point where the only reason I even have other basses is just for the sake of variety.

It's really that good.
    - Stealth Bongo 5HH (DOB: 09/26/07)

User Info Menu

Sub owner and proud of it! I have owned 9 different subs, great basses. In fact it was a sub 5 fretless that got me into Musicman. Join our sub lovers club. Ernie Ball Forums - SUBBOC - SUB Bass Owners Club
    My bongo is cool and can play any kind of music, metal or whatever. And sterlings are cool too, in fact they can play any type of music. You can't go wrong with either.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool Noob View Post
    Bongo for EVERYTHING.

I hate to be such a sniveling fanboi but it's the truth. The Bongo HH is the single most flexible bass I've ever heard of. The HH along with the 4-band preamp allow you so many options for tone shaping that the bass can do anything you ask it to do.

FWIW, I play Gospel almost exclusively and my Bongo has gotten the job done in every venue, through every rig, on every song I've ever played. To the point where the only reason I even have other basses is just for the sake of variety.

It's really that good.
    If that beautiful sterling of yours is not getting any love, I can help out!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mynan View Post
    fly,

That pic makes me itch...and not for a SUB.

yeah,just finished putting up a nice black backdrop around the whole studio.

and the insulation was behind plastic too eh....hahaha

and i'd have to go Sterling too..........totally love mine.
    Last edited by fly; 12-09-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    2001 STERLING H/ black/black ice pg/rosewood board
    2003 SUB active white/black pg/rosewood board

SterlingStudios

User Info Menu

I have a SUB 4 banger (active) and wouldn't be scared to play it anywhere. It's a really great bass even if it doesn't get much attention around here what with all the Bongos and Big Als and so on.

User Info Menu

I love my SUB Bass, my first EBMM bass, they are fantastic basses.
    Proud Musicman S.U.B. Owner, D.O.B 10TH June 2003

User Info Menu

SUB's are cool... sort of a Workingman's Classic
    Have bass. Will play.
    Looking for Sessions in Switzerland. Area: Züri/Winti/Rappi

Music Man Collection Essentials
    MarkBass F1, SansAmp RBI, MarkBass Standard 104HR; MoMark (T1M/42S/MVV)@500, NY604; Minimark
    Holding down the bottom end for Redsteam

User Info Menu

I like that The Workingman's Classic,if only you could buy the old style bridge to make it more Classic looking.
    Proud Musicman S.U.B. Owner, D.O.B 10TH June 2003

User Info Menu

My SUB is my first bass. I won't part with it. It's marvellous.

Fender USA 1984 Precision
    Fender USA 2006 62 Precision RI
    Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout
    Markbass Little Mark II
    Markbass 104HF 4ohm
    Martin D28 1978

User Info Menu

I have a SUB4 just like the one above, and it's a first-call bass for any gig!
    -Ben