New Slinkys March 2020
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: cleaning the bass

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    cleaning the bass

    hey guys quick question. when you clean your basses what do you wipe the head stock with? do you use the Wonder wipes or do you just use Guitar polish?
    Stingray 4 Single H Stealth Slo
    Stingray 4 Single H Black/Maple

    Ampeg SVT 4 Pro
    Ampeg SVT 810 classic

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    I use polish.
    20th Anniversary SR5 HH "California Sunset" born 5/10/2007
    SR H "Redwood" born 8/6/2008
    SR5 HS "Dargie Delight" born 2/28/2007
    SR5 Classic "Vintage White" born 5/17/2010
    SUB5 "Graphite" born 4/1/2005
    SR5 H LF "Black" born 4/1/2003
    SR H "Orange Firemist" born 1/28/2009
    SUB1 H "Graphite" born 1/27/2005
    GK Fusion 550 & Neo 212 II
    GK MB150E & MBX
    GK MB112 II & 112MBP

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    thanks
    Stingray 4 Single H Stealth Slo
    Stingray 4 Single H Black/Maple

    Ampeg SVT 4 Pro
    Ampeg SVT 810 classic

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Finished wood and metal hardware only with soft clean cotton cloth!
    Rub firmly until high shine!

    Unfinished neck is another story and already exist Thread about that!

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by keko View Post
    Finished wood and metal hardware only with soft clean cotton cloth!
    Rub firmly until high shine!

    Unfinished neck is another story and already exist Thread about that!
    Well I was talking about my stealth black 'ray
    Stingray 4 Single H Stealth Slo
    Stingray 4 Single H Black/Maple

    Ampeg SVT 4 Pro
    Ampeg SVT 810 classic

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by IvanHardy View Post
    Well I was talking about my stealth black 'ray
    Hmmm, I see, ...I'd recommend You to contact Customer Service for Stealth finish!
    They know the best!

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Don't do it! The dirt keeps the funk in !

    (I believe that was Larry Graham, but not sure)
    https://www.facebook.com/Canyoucancan
    bassic profile

    1991 SR4 H black/rw since 1992
    2009 Big Al SSS Olive Gold / Gold swirl
    2009 SR5 HH bfr tobacco burst / all rw neck
    2008 Bongo 5 HH egyptian smoke / phyton
    2006 Bongo 4 HP medallion gold / abalone (SmallEQ Bongo)
    2010 Big Al 5 H bfr roasted neck

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by cellkirk74 View Post
    Don't do it! The dirt keeps the funk in !

    (I believe that was Larry Graham, but not sure)
    The dirt *IS* the funk.

    `

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by njhammer View Post
    I use polish.
    Careful with that stuff. Too much and your finish might Czech.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

    AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

    Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

    http://www.coolshoesband.com

    BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
    Careful with that stuff. Too much and your finish might Czech.
    the Finnish?

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by toomanyslurpees View Post
    the Finnish?
    Exactly.
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

    AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

    Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

    http://www.coolshoesband.com

    BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Just don't go about Russian the job!



  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    so far the guitar polish hasn't done anything to the neck.
    Stingray 4 Single H Stealth Slo
    Stingray 4 Single H Black/Maple

    Ampeg SVT 4 Pro
    Ampeg SVT 810 classic

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Does anyone know how I can clean the back of the neck? it's a bongo so it's painted and it get a bit dirty so it's harder to move my hand around the neck so it definitely needs a clean.
    MM BONGO 5 LTD 2007 Blue Dawn HS

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    I used Pledge on the stealth I used to own. It worked great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ernie Ball Forums