Flat Ribbon
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which EBMM bass(es) do you want for 2012?

User Info Menu

Which EBMM bass(es) do you want for 2012?

I'm literally at the point now where I feel incredibly lucky to have such a good set of basses. It's kinda nice to not have constant yearnings for new gear. I think personally once my Bongo arrives I'll have (pardon the pun) all basses covered!

Now...I know how things can change quite quickly. In 2012 I begin my legal career, and hopefully financially I will be in a stronger position.

This will no doubt mean that in say 10-12 months time, I will think about another EBMM.

I have enough Rays, I have a lovely Big Al and Sterling, and a Bongo is coming. The only bass I don't have so far is a Reflex/Gamechanger.

Possibility for 2012? I hope so. We shall see.

What would you like to add to your collection?
    2010 Stingray 5 HS White/Tort/Rw
    2011 Stingray 4 H 3 Band EQ Vintage Sunburst/Black/Mp w/flame/birdseye figuring
    2011 Big Al 5 SSS Vintage Sunburst/Tort/Rw
    2011 Sterling 5 HS Tobacco Burst/Black/Rw
    2011 Stingray 5 Classic Natural/Black/Birdseye Mp
    2012 Bongo 5 HH Tangerine Pearl/Black
    2013 Bongo 5 HS Sky Blue/Vintage White Pearl
    2013 Stingray 5 HH Honeyburst/White/Mp
    2014 Albert Lee HH Vintage Sunburst/Tort/ALL Rw!
    2016 Stingray HH Guitar Black/Black/Rw

User Info Menu

I'm hoping my Game Changer will arrive sometime soon. After that I think I'll be done with new basses for a while.
    http://soundcloud.com/manny-silverstein
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Game Changer Reflex 4HH-Black, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 04/09/12)
    Stingray 4HH-Honey Burst, Rosewood board (D.O.B. 03/05/08)

User Info Menu

An Ash Bongo 4 string in Vintagey 3 Tone Burst with a Tort Guard...

Yeah..that

Michael Kelly
    StingRay 5 HH
    BONGO 6 H
    BONGO 4 H

Bassist for:
    The Femmes of Rock
    Google Dat.

User Info Menu

the lust for the 20th anniversary and 100th namm Ray's are still very strong, one or both is 100% going to happen.
    "Can't talk little man? Betcha can't play none either"

User Info Menu

SR5 Classic in Black/Maple. The white/tort one I had was great, but just not my color (my buddy in the UK who now has it will disagree.....).
    20th Anniversary SR5 HH "California Sunset" born 5/10/2007
    SR H "Redwood" born 8/6/2008
    SR5 HS "Dargie Delight" born 2/28/2007
    SR5 Classic "Vintage White" born 5/17/2010
    SUB5 "Graphite" born 4/1/2005
    SR5 H LF "Black" born 4/1/2003
    SR H "Orange Firemist" born 1/28/2009
    SUB1 H "Graphite" born 1/27/2005
    GK Fusion 550 & Neo 212 II
    GK MB150E & MBX
    GK MB112 II & 112MBP

User Info Menu

I'll take a Darige Delight Bongo 5 H, please.
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

I'm gassing for a black reflex 5 hh with a maple board, bad...
    Thinking of trading my ray for one, in fact, if I could find one.
    Steve

User Info Menu

Bongo 6 HH or Sterling 5 HS.

User Info Menu

I might do a gold or white Reflex HH if the right deal turns up. I already have a 25th HH, so it would be redundant. But I dig the way they look in the classic colors. Love the Reflex / 25th HH instrument. Thanks EBMM for a great bass!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by strummer View Post
    Hey, ...You're reading my mind ...the same, only in Hp configuration!

However, I really want a Bongo 5 Hp in kinda LE or Dargie, ...BFR edition, ...something like that!
    It would be the best with ebony fret board if possible, ...I was even dreaming one with whole graphite neck!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by keko View Post
    Hey, ...You're reading my mind ...the same, only in Hp configuration!

However, I really want a Bongo 5 Hp in kinda LE or Dargie, ...BFR edition, ...something like that!
    It would be the best with ebony fret board if possible, ...I was even dreaming one with whole graphite neck!!!
    Keko, I hear you, though personally I have a hard time understanding the lure of the piezo. Graphite neck, nah, from what I've played (status SR4) I prefer the wood necks. But BFR, yeah most definitely!
    bovinehost: Yes, I do agree with that, but if there's nothing wrong then there's nothing wrong.
    Beth: I would compare Bongo to Tommy Lee Jones. Bad a$$ and just hot in a weird way...
    cheezewiz: They should take their lace thongs off and play bass.

User Info Menu

I have a hard time understanding the lure of the piezo. ... But BFR, yeah most definitely!
    Mmm, ...I understand piezo definitely and think it's time to get one neodymium H at sweetspot with piezo (4 band EQ including in that combo)!
    I need one like that for some folk set list gigs which I play very often, when need kinda acoustic/harmonic/tuba bass tone!!!

Reflex will be used for urban pop/rock/dance set list gigs!

User Info Menu

Where IS that Craig Young?

User Info Menu

celebrating the Holidays somewhere warm and tropical, no doubt.

User Info Menu

I'd like a Big Al 5SSS. Just played one yesterday for about 20 minutes and had a chance to compare it to a Bongo 4H - finally!! The Big Al SSS rocks!! I think I could probably spend a year just exploring all the tonal possibilities of passive mode. And then there's active mode!!

The Big Al SSS is very different than the Bongo H and has an interesting midrange character and it's surprisingly growly. There is a similarity in the extended frequency range offered by the neodymium pickups but the similarity ends there. The Bongo single H is still crazy loud and powerful though in comparison.
    Last edited by stu42; 12-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Bongo 5H, BFR Roasted, Black Sugar
    Bongo 5Hp Fretless, Mahogany, Roasted, Honey Burst