Joe Dart
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Website!

Brian is offline Ernie Ball Customer Service Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

New Website!

The redesign of www.ernieball.com is now live, which I'm sure you guys noticed.

Please let us know your feedback...

Best,

Brian

User Info Menu

Looks great, but what about the MM build you instrument page??

User Info Menu

A brand new MM site is on its way as well. It may take a bit more time with all the photographs and back end work that needs to be done. We are hoping for a new website completion in Spring of 05.

Best,

Brian

User Info Menu

Very cool. Thanks for the update Brian.

User Info Menu

i like it. not so impressed with the flashing pic of petrucci. but otherwise i like it.

User Info Menu

Eargh! Randomly flashing band photos! You guys are trying to blind me?! I kid, I kid. Looks great! I can't wait for the new MM site to go online!

User Info Menu

Agreed. New colours are very hip. Can't wait for the new MM site though, but I trust in EBMM's abilities and am okay with waiting for a good thing.

User Info Menu

Aye aye aye. Animation for animation's sake = not cool. Flashing for flashing's sake = VERY not cool. The BLINK tag in no longer supported by many browsers for a good reason. Like it or not, the web is still a text-based media, and when copy is involved, the background must must must be quiet.

Aesthetically, it doesn't kill me. I don't like it, but I can live with it. Unfortunately, the whole design suffers from a very awkward visual hierarchy. Here's how I see things (without placing the three animated boxes, as those distract me every step of the way): banner ad/band photo, band name/copy, other artists/strings used, official site/play audio... Then I trail off and look at everything I missed. The navigation menu comes in dead last every time. No dice.

I more'n likely come off as an ass, but I am trying to be helpfully constructive. I'm incredibly anal when it comes to design. If I could make only one suggestion, it would be to stop the animation, or at the very least tame it down a ways. Flashing is straight up irritating, and scrolling is unnecessary 99% of the time thanks to the infinite resolution of a browser window. I imagine that the layout could be very tolerable if there weren't six different things screaming for attention.

User Info Menu

I agree that updating the "build an instrument" and color/option pages for MM instruments would be better value than a flashy new front page
    Cheers
    Mark

2009 black/tort Big Al 4 SSS

My bands -
    Richard Madden band
    The Australian Rolling Stones Show
    The Volts
    Doors Alive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Mark
    I agree that updating the "build an instrument" and color/option pages for MM instruments would be better value than a flashy new front page
    +1

especially the basses section :P

...especially the "Natural 3eq Unlined Fretless 5 Stingray with Abalone pickguard + Inlets" section
    2003 SUB, 2008 JAZZ, 2008 STINGRAY, NC410 COMBO

User Info Menu

I agree with phatcactus. I like more simply and stylish web design.
    Some companies, like this where Im working, does not allow flash or ActiveX components be show in web browsers. So there should always be a simpler version to choose example in that page, where site ask for download Flash player.

Janne

User Info Menu

The radio is a good idea ! You can listen to music while sailing over the forum !
    The main page is not really to my tastes but who cares...

MNF

User Info Menu

I love the overall design, but too much flashing... way too much...
    Current basses:

Previous basses:

Stratus Blue Sparkle 'Ray with maple and matched stock (owned twice, sold twice, and regretted selling twice)

Lava Pearl 'Ray with maple and matched stocK

Lava Pearl Bongo 4HH

Carbon Blue Pearl Sterling with maple board

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazybass888
    I love the overall design, but too much flashing... way too much...

Yeah, it's one blink away from this:

http://www.seizurerobots.com/

Okay, maybe that's a bit extreme, but it still makes me feel like I'm having an aneurysm if I stay on the home page too long....

User Info Menu

Thanks for your constructive feedback.

As mentioned in the Guitar forum,

We are working hard on the new MM site, and even installed a Photography Studio in the factory to take pictures of the highest resolution.

Glad to hear some of you enjoy the EB radio feature. Please note that you can download the icon to your desktop. We will continue to load more and more tunes from your favorite EB/MM endorsed artists.

Best,

Brian