Music Man Modern Classics

Thread: MoMark users what are you using for modules and frames?

User Info Menu

MoMark users what are you using for modules and frames?

MoMark users what are you using for modules and frames...

Whacha digging with them at this time.

Anyone using the higher end white modules?

Cheers
    Just a bunch of Rays...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Basswave View Post
    MoMark users what are you using for modules and frames...

Whacha digging with them at this time.

Anyone using the higher end white modules?

Cheers
    My favorite MoMark setup was:
    500W Analog Frame, T1M, EQ7G, MVVL.

It had such a great tone. I would gladly do this again.
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"

User Info Menu

Matt... Where you been hiding?

CLASSIC STINGRAY White (MHS)
    CAPRICE Natural
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE)
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red)
    BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold)

Musicman Cutlass/Caprice Bass Club on Facebook.

User Info Menu

MoMark T1M, EQ 42S, MVV, 500W Digital Frame

Would prefer to have an MVVL but it's not really an issue. Absolutely great amp. I almost bought a second one (to replace my F1/SamsAmp rack) that was for sale on TB a couple of day ago, but it was gone before I could check my finances. I think that players either love the concept or hate it. IMO the concept is great, but I have no idea how well it holds up for heavy touring.
    Have bass. Will play.
    Looking for Sessions in Switzerland. Area: Züri/Winti/Rappi

Music Man Collection Essentials
    MarkBass F1, SansAmp RBI, MarkBass Standard 104HR; MoMark (T1M/42S/MVV)@500, NY604; Minimark
    Holding down the bottom end for Redsteam

User Info Menu

Thanks Gents...
    The geek in me loves this concept.

I'm running a 500w analog amp frame with an S2-EQS4-M2VLFM

Really curious on the HE modulus and will pickup the tube pre sometime. Glad folks are digging them, its my favorite amp at this time.
    Just a bunch of Rays...

User Info Menu

I'm running the standard SA-500 right now which has the 500W Analog frame, S1, EQ42S & MVVL.

I'm interested to try the T1M pre though to see how that sounds. I'm curious about those HE modules as well and wonder what difference they make. I love how fat the bottom end is on this amp. That said, I wish I could dial in a bit of growl similar to my GK RB400-IV without having to use a pedal. However, this amp does really have the bottom end covered quite well and has a nice warm tone. I love the juicy, detailed mids and the growl of the GK but the GK doesn't have that fat bottom end of the Markbass.

Bongo 5H, BFR Roasted, Black Sugar
    Bongo 5Hp Fretless, Mahogany, Roasted, Honey Burst

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmbassplayer View Post
    Matt... Where you been hiding?
    <hijack>
    Short answer.... SW Florida

Longer answer, I've been lurking off and on.... we moved the family back home to Florida and I started a new job and have been busting @$$. I'm bassless at the moment but that's only temporary. Once we get a little more situated and get the old house sold, etc, I'll pick something up. It's good to say hey though, and thanks for asking Josh.
    </hijack>

On the HE modules, I won't consider them in white until the entire amp face can be white... and last I checked there were no master modules in white. I must appease the OCD . The MoMark kicks tail, and is really cool. It doesn't really break up too much, but it will fuzz a bit gained all the way up. Clean, rich, deep warmth..... It has for miles though. When I get the coin ill grab one of these to go with a GC, 25th or Reflex..... Still my favorite!
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"

User Info Menu

I use the SD 800 frame. I have a good selection of modules and the High end tube module with the high end eq is my fav.
    Big warm sound.Sorry ,I don't have model #'s as I am on the road.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Manfloozy;860149]<hijack>
    Short answer.... SW Florida :
    I think if you hear the difference you will not give a sh%$# about an all white face.

</hijack>

On the HE modules, I won't consider them in white until the entire amp face can be white... and last I checked there were no master modules in white. I must appease the OCD .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmarotta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manfloozy View Post
    On the HE modules, I won't consider them in white until the entire amp face can be white... and last I checked there were no master modules in white. I must appease the OCD .

I think if you hear the difference you will not give a sh%$# about an all white face.
    So that much better on the HE modules? that's exciting, cuz the regular modules sounded awesome already!

I stand corrected, the MVVL-HE has been released. I could do an all white face! So ideal for me would be T1M-HE, EQ44S-HE, MVVL-HE in a 500w analog frame.... Tasty!

well I know what my amp will be when I dive back in. . Couple it with a GC/Reflex 4HH and group III's and I'll be a happy boy fo' sho'!
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"

User Info Menu

Add one more string to that bass and count me in!!

Bongo 5H, BFR Roasted, Black Sugar
    Bongo 5Hp Fretless, Mahogany, Roasted, Honey Burst

User Info Menu

Here's a good video with the HE modules I just found. Man, now I'm jonesing to run a Reflex through one of these babies again...... Powerball drawing IS tonight....

MarkBass MoMark Demo (+ bass tone setup + playalong - please read description) - YouTube
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"