Ernie Ball Tremolo Pedal

Thread: New Pickguard Day

User Info Menu

New Pickguard Day

OK, it's actually been a month or two since I got the new pick guard, but haven't had a chance to get pictures up.

Bought a clear pick guard for my Bongo, and turned an artistic friend loose with her acrylic paints. She did a mockup in photoshop, then painted a draft on paper, and then did the final version not he back of the pick guard - this way the art is protected. I wasn't huge fan of the black pearloid that was on the bass when I got it. This is much more my speed.

Unfortunately, none of the pics from my last gig came out vey well (at least none that showed my rig), but I'm really digging the Bongo with my new Genz Benz rig - Streamliner 900 and Focus 410. Very clear and phat, with as much grind as I want to dial in. Here's the whole family in one spot. Still loving the Stingray 5 too.

User Info Menu

Cool rig. I've been looking at the Focus 15 as an extension cab option when running 2 15 cabs.
    I just noticed you're in Orange County NY too. Where did you get that cab, Altos?
    John

Fender 500C + 210

User Info Menu

Thanks John. I actually got it on eBay (good price and free shipping). I didn't see any in stock the last few times I've been to Alto - took a leap of faith and was well rewarded!

User Info Menu

I prefer factory pick guards, ...but this one got kind of "art-mojo" on that Bongo?

User Info Menu

That's badass. I like it. It really works well with the shape of the Bongo.
    slightly out of date pic
    http://www.ernieball.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1436_1.gif

l to r:

Franken-Bongo 5 HHp (The Billy Bass), refinished fretted cigar leaf satin finish neck, daphne blue, mint pickguard, EB Cobalts.

Dargie Delight Bongo 5 SHp, fretted, Dargie, b/w/b pickgaurd, Dargie. Ernie Ball straplocks. Flats.

Franken-Bongo 5 SHp (Moby, the White Whale), refinished vintage gloss unlined fretless neck, white, tort pickguard, EB Cobalts.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I debated going with a black pickguard, but figured this was an inexpensive gamble. Came out even better than I expected.

Apparently, I have a thing for faces on pickguards - I put the alien sticker on my Stingray 5 a year or so ago.

User Info Menu

He really should post that in the bongohead thread.http://forums.ernieball.com/music-ma...ongo-head.html
    Last edited by jlepre; 04-25-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    John

Fender 500C + 210

User Info Menu

I'm already there! Last post is me.

It was actually the first thing I bought when I saw the finished pick guard, especially considering the way it is oriented.