Everlast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Fed ex From Randy Jackson yesterday.....

User Info Menu

Got a Fed ex From Randy Jackson yesterday.....

6 Orchestra pit tix to the Idol finals.

Now before the too hip for school chime in with negativity....I was one of you about three years ago....I never watched it but was too cool to get it. I started watching because I went to the finals three years ago without ever having seen the show....I suddenly got it. It is live music on national television....it is the real time sharing in the development of these kids....it is fun if you let it be.

I thought this years talent was really good and I am not ashamed to say that Im really looking forward to it!

I know of two music mans on stage tonight too! Bonus
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

I've watched the show from the beginning.Got to play on Season 5 top ten record. We need to embrace any show that employs so many great musicians and arrangers on a weekly basis.Orchestra pit tix? I 'd be there in a minute.
    Have fun.

User Info Menu

I especially enjoyed AI when Ricky Minor was the Musical Director. He could make even the hokiest songs rock with his amazing bass lines.
    The backing band has some of the finest session players around; the arrangements and playing are always superb IMO.

And every season, no matter who wins, there has always been some truly talented vocalists in the group.

I've never felt any need to bash this show or it's clones for that matter, it's been a careeer jump-start for some talented performers.
    I worked with a girl who made it as far as the top 50 (no easy task!) and she could SING her butt off!

Enjoy the show Sterling, should be fun!

User Info Menu

Cool seats. Have fun at the show.
    BFR JP7 - Amethyst Burst - 5/29/08
    JP7 - Stealth - 3/22/10
    Reflex Game Changer HSHP - 4/9/12

User Info Menu

Yeah Phil Phillips last song last night was just off the charts great. A rare moment for live tv....also that band that they have is really really great.
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

After Simon left, I thought the show lost a big chunk of what made it so good. Honestly, he was the best evaluator of talent the show had, his snarky comments aside. He genuinely knew talent when he saw it. I don't watch it any more, but I'm glad others still are, for music's sake.
    2014 Sterling 5H Black w/ Maple - F28653
    2001 Sterling 4H Blue Dawn w/ Maple - F04289
    2015 Stingray 4H SLO Special Black Cherry w/ Rosewood - E96203
    2011 Classic Stingray 5H Lake Tahoe Blue

User Info Menu

Been watching last 3 or 4 seasons. Awesome talent on stage in support of the contestants. Miss Simon. Jennifer has to go..... Curious, BP do the musicians play their own instruments or are they provided???
    2012 Bongo 4Hp Sapphire Black
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0
    Markbass Compressore
    Markbass Super Synth
    DigiTech B200

User Info Menu

I watch and think they have a really good group of talent. I can't say I love every performance, but these guys work really hard and can really sing.

I have to say that Randy's comments usually echo my thoughts best. It must be a bassist thing.

SR5 H, SR4 H (x2)

User Info Menu

I've never met Randy, but it's my understanding that he is one of the kewlest, most real people "in the biz". AND-
    His credentials as a great player, producer, etc have been there for years.

Isn't it a good thing that a for real bad-a$$ Bassplayer of his level has become a well-known prime-time celebrity?!

AI has done nothing less than that, and along with having employed Ricky Minor and showcasing some great backing musicians,
    earns respect in my book!
    Tonights final should be interesting as always. I like the girl myself!

User Info Menu

I think Randy makes the show, even when Simon was there! Don't like Jessica, has wonderful range but she screams too much. Just doesn't do it for me. I'm for Phillip, very unique and creative with his own vib. Definitely an artist
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0
    Markbass Compressore
    Markbass Super Synth
    DigiTech B200

User Info Menu

Cool, enjoy BP! I totally get what you mean about appreciating these shows. Its music, after all

Hope the Musicman basses get some limelight.
    2010 Stingray 5 HS White/Tort/Rw
    2011 Stingray 4 H 3 Band EQ Vintage Sunburst/Black/Mp w/flame/birdseye figuring
    2011 Big Al 5 SSS Vintage Sunburst/Tort/Rw
    2011 Sterling 5 HS Tobacco Burst/Black/Rw
    2011 Stingray 5 Classic Natural/Black/Birdseye Mp
    2012 Bongo 5 HH Tangerine Pearl/Black
    2013 Bongo 5 HS Sky Blue/Vintage White Pearl
    2013 Stingray 5 HH Honeyburst/White/Mp
    2014 Albert Lee HH Vintage Sunburst/Tort/ALL Rw!
    2016 Stingray HH Guitar Black/Black/Rw

User Info Menu

Nice - enjoy. I have followed most seasons in their entirety. One of the few shows on TV that can be enjoyed and shared by the entire family.
    It's all about the bass!

My Stuff:
    2007 Bongo: Candy red, abalone, HHp - My number one!
    Ampeg SVT8-Pro
    Little Mark II Custom 1x12 Combo

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyD View Post
    Nice - enjoy. I have followed most seasons in their entirety. One of the few shows on TV that can be enjoyed and shared by the entire family.
    +1
    Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0
    Markbass Compressore
    Markbass Super Synth
    DigiTech B200

User Info Menu

Take me and my family with you! PLEASE?
    John

Fender 500C + 210

User Info Menu

Yup Saturday night tv stuff, that's all it is and that's all it's trying to be. It's no different from the "A-team" same plot each week but instead of bullets it's using music ! Gets my vote anyday love the fact that music is prime time again right where it should be.