EBMM Stingray bass green
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SR4 active electronics not working

Quote Originally Posted by carbohydron View Post
    Hi

I've tried a few batteries and it seems my active electronics are not working as i cant get any tone out of it. It's working without a battery. Volume is fine but absolutely no tone. Time to take it to the repair guy?

Is this common?

It was a brand new 2011 model i think. E
    Hi, it seems like I have the same problem with my stingray 4, the the bass behave the same without a battery as with a battery, I checked the battery housing but the wiring is ok. any tips?

What year is it? I thought that the active EQ stingrays usually don't make any sound if there is no battery.
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple fretboard / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood Fretboard/ 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Signature Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    What year is it? I thought that the active EQ stingrays usually don't make any sound if there is no battery.
    the year is 2004

Quote Originally Posted by tbonesullivan View Post
    I think the bass sounds like a passive bass

Quote Originally Posted by MrMusashi View Post
    golem: our forum member oli@bass did record basses without battery in them..

check it out here:
    http://forums.ernieball.com/music-ma...-examples.html

MrM
    I tried this last night with my SR4HH and it worked great. No tone knob but still a great range of tones with the 5-way switch. The reason this interests me is because I play with quite a few effects pedals these days. Many of them, mainly dirt/fuzz pedals, just donít sound right with active basses. Some of them, like the Zvex Wooly Mammoth, are completely unusable. Iíve been looking for a passive EBMM SUB Stingray for a long time, for this very reason. I had previously tried this with my with my SR4H and it didnít work. It had way too little output to be usable. The SR4HH has plenty of output to work with in passive. It does need a little more input gain from the amp versus active mode, but not much. What impressed me is how great the pickups sound without the preamp. Amazing tone either way.
    2001 SR5 Black/Black/Maple
    2004 SR4 Honeyburst/ Black/Maple
    2006 SR4HH Natural/Black/Rosewood
    2005 Bongo4 HS Stealth w/ White Body

WELCOME FOOLISH MORTALS.......
    CLICK HERE FOR MUSIC
    MORE MUSIC