New Slinkys March 2020

Thread: A bit off topic - but interesting

User Info Menu

A bit off topic - but interesting

Just realized today that I bought my first quality bass (P Bass) in 1971 for $500. In checking with an on line calculator, if regular inflation rates are taken into account, that would be about $2900 in today's money. I know that being in business is harder all the time. So I think all us bass players should appreciate that we can purchase great instruments such as EBMM's line of basses, for such reasonable prices.
    1977 Sunburst SR4H with customized 24 fret ebony fretboard, 1982 Natural SR4H X2, 1983 Sunburst SR4H, 2005 Buttercream Bongo 4HH RW Neck, 2005 LE Buttercream SR4HH, 2007 DD SR4HH, 2007 DD Bongo 4HH, 2009 25th Venetian Red SR4HH BFR RW neck, a couple of regular Sterlings, a few other Stingrays, and a few competitors basses

User Info Menu

agreed. I've always considered the EBMM basses as tremendous values.

User Info Menu

and the funny part is that if you do the reverse math on the 300 basses today would they would be $50 back then
    Two requests, please
    Please contact customer service prior to posting instrument issues
    Please don't PM me
    Thanks

Please dont add me as a friend on facebook....my life is an open book here as it is.

User Info Menu

...and if I may add?

In my region, ...only Musicman basses went quick as a 2nd hand instruments, ...a real value keepers!

User Info Menu

So true!!!!

And EBMMs are true keepers.

Recently I realized that I've owned my Desert Gold Bongo longer than any bass I've ever had. And it's not going anywhere.

If the house were to catch on fire I'd grab my basses, dogs and wife. Maybe in that order......
    bongoBbongoObongoNbongoGbongoObongo

AL AL AL AL ALALALALALALA LA LA LA LA

Desert Gold F13843 05 Bongo 5 HHp
    Blue Dawn F11199 07 LE Bongo 5 Hp fretless
    Candy Red F23343 08 Bongo 5 H
    Tangerine Pearl F28251 2011 Big Al 5 SSS

http://www.coolshoesband.com

BP: "I am very proud of many of the creations at ebmm but none more than the Bongo. Every day the cult grows and it makes it all worthwhile."

User Info Menu

Silly man!
    Grab the basses, and command your wife to grab the dogs.
    Simples.
    "Bongo low end is the artillery created for bass players to regain the territory that is rightfully theirs." - D. Gimpel

'95 StingRay 5-H fretless, black
    '05 Bongo 4-HH, sapphire black
    '07 Bongo 4-HH Dargie Delight, Logan green
    '09 Bongo 4-HS Dargie Delight II, caramel apple delight
    '14 StingRay 4-H, neptune blue

Ashdown, Beta Aivin, Genz Benz, Orange.