New Prodigy
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too

User Info Menu

I guess my keeper is my JP12, since I bought it new in a store, paid the equivalent of 4000$ and resale value is terrible.
    I don't regret it tho
    JP12 Cherry Sugar (Piezo, Inlays, Headstock) Born 05/14/12
    JP7 Pearl Redburst (Piezo, inlays, headstock) Born 02/13/04
    Sold : JP6 Blue dawn & JP6 Mystic dream
    Axe FX 2 XL+ & MFC101 MK3 & Roland EV5
    Boss WL-50, Morpheus droptune, G-Lab Wowee Wah, 2x Yamaha HS7, Sennheiser HD25 SP2 & Jamhub Bedroom
    https://www.facebook.com/Laxthestampede/

User Info Menu

I used to be quite the bass wh0re. Wheeling and dealing and trading and buying and selling was a way of life. Things have kind of settled down now.

Keepers for life? Yes, I have a few.

1. Big Al 5H. Serious competition for my Bongos. Always a contender when gig time rolls around. And they don't make 'em anymore, so that's that.

KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-ba5ha-jpg

2. 4HH Bongo with flaming finish, commonly known as "The Flaming Biff". Way back when Bongos were controversial, Big Poppa built this for me. It was a gift for being the Bongo Warrior. Some years later, BP picked this up (with flats, which he doesn't really like at all), played it for a few minutes and said, "You know, this is a pretty good bass." It sure is.

KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-newfbbc-jpg

3. Candy Red Bongo 5H. Rules the universe. Desert Island bass. Point and shoot. As I recall, I was bugging Dargin about letting me buy the Bongo 4H that many of us played at the first big EBMM shindig - but which turned out to be BP's favorite gigging bass, so Dargin said "Let me build you something." That turned out pretty good, eh?

KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-carbongo5e-jpg

4. Speaking of which, the Big Poppa Bongo. There's a reason this was BP's favorite gig bass for a long time, and I was fortunate enough to end up with it. There's a story behind how I came to own this, but it's just too complicated to go into here. If the Red Bongo 5H is the mack daddy of fivers, this one is the same in a 4 string version.

KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-bpbd-jpg

5. I think my Aqua Sparkle SR5H is probably going to end up as a keeper but we're still in the honeymoon phase. Oh, who am I kidding. This thing KILLS.

KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-front-jpg

User Info Menu

Lol. I’m just no good at parting with them.
    Nice collection of keepers Jack !

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bovinehost View Post

1. Big Al 5H. Serious competition for my Bongos. Always a contender when gig time rolls around. And they don't make 'em anymore, so that's that.

KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-ba5ha-jpg
    The Big Al is one I’ve over looked. Bit like the Bongo, it took a bit of time to grow on me. But after seeing this. I’m thinking 4H as the next one to look out for.
    And to think I nearly did a fortnight with the perfect bass collection, never going to want or need anything else

Game on !

StingRay 4HH. SapphireBlack.2006
    StingRay 4H. Buttercreme. 2005
    StingRay 4H. ”SunBlue”. 2005
    Bongo 4H. Sapphire Black. 2005
    GENZ-BENZ & ORANGE amps...

https://www.facebook.com/DanSmithBassist/

User Info Menu

A perfect specimen

1995 Stingray 5 fretless. It sings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KEEPERS FOR LIFE CLUB !!! Post yours too-ebmm-sr5-fretless-acoustic-usa-360-361-jpg