The Vault
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Return of the Rosewood...

User Info Menu

The Return of the Rosewood...

The Return of the Rosewood...-mm-rswdnck_reve-jpg

Available this month only! Completely rosewood necks on all Music Man instruments except Armada and Game Changer.

These will feature silky smooth rosewood necks and matte finished headstocks.

They are not exclusive to any particular store so get with your favorite Music Man dealer and reserve yours today!
    "Hello! This is A.J.! How can I help you?"

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: aj@ernieball.com

PMs and messages written on my wall are not addressed as quickly as emails.

If you want to know when your instrument was completed please post in one of the serial number threads.

User Info Menu

Holy s*** ..., ...unfortunately I'm "short" for a while...

User Info Menu

mmmmm...white-pearl, tort, & rosewood 'Ray SLO 4HS...drool...

User Info Menu

Cool

Only 1 month too so Dec PDN is on the clock soon!
    Sterling 5HH Honeyroasted PDN F20444 September 14th, 2012, Powered by Cobalts on July 2015

Bongo 5HH Silver F40670 October 6th, 2011, Powered by Slinkies on Jan 2015

User Info Menu

Sweet!
    ANDREW

Old Smoothie with Roasted Maple Neck
    StingRay 5 Classic in Powder Blue
    Aguilar DB751,TH500,DB112x2
    Bergantino NV610
    A-Designs-REDDI Tube DI

User Info Menu

Major GAS
    25th Anniversary 5HH Quilt Top, RW board, DOB - 5/1/09
    BFR SR5 HH Honeyburst, Roasted Maple Neck, DOB - 10/22/10
    Bongo 5HS, Blue Pearl, RW board, Custom Pickguard, DOB - 04/11/12
    Bongo 5HHp Mahogany, Roasted, Honeyburst, DOB - 9/14/12
    Bongo 5Hp Fretless, Neptune Blue, Pau Ferro board, Black Pearloid pg

Ampeg SVT-450H
    SVT-410HLF
    Boss GT-10B
    Bassist for The Dave Morrow Band
    Some of our songs on myspace

User Info Menu

I don't think you'll see any more PDN offerings for the year. This one is all inclusive though so you can get it through any dealer. We're looking at shipping towards the end of January/early February. Gives you a little time to replenish the funds Keko
    "Hello! This is A.J.! How can I help you?"

If you have any questions or concerns please email me: aj@ernieball.com

PMs and messages written on my wall are not addressed as quickly as emails.

If you want to know when your instrument was completed please post in one of the serial number threads.

User Info Menu

Other than some stunning aesthetics, is there much of a tonal difference between solid rosewood and a rosewood-only fretboard? I know tonal questions are so subjective but I'd love to hear the opinions. Are solid rosewood necks more stable than other wood types?
    Buncha Rays and Bongos

User Info Menu

I do miss my Rosewood/Firemist Bongo.
    - Ritch
    Bongo 4H - Limited Fritz the Kat Lime Green - Kermit
    Bongo 4H - Dargie Delight
    Bongo 4HH - Sky Blue
    Sterling 4H - Trans Purple

GK and MarkBass stuff

User Info Menu

How does rosewood compare to other dense neck woods, like walnut?
    2007 Stingray 5 HS Cherry Burst / Maple FB / 3 Band EQ / Ceramic Pickups
    2012 Stingray 5 H Pearl Blue / Rosewood FB / 3 Band EQ/ AlNiCo Pickup
    2012 Steve Morse Morse Blueburst / Rosewood FB
    2012 Luke III SSH Vintage Sunburst / Rosewood Neck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldManMusic View Post
    Other than some stunning aesthetics, is there much of a tonal difference between solid rosewood and a rosewood-only fretboard? I know tonal questions are so subjective but I'd love to hear the opinions. Are solid rosewood necks more stable than other wood types?
    In my case rosewood neck SR5 sounds a bit flatter than maple but it's much warmer and mild. It still can growl if you need but overall it is very gentle.

Also my own rosewood SR does not like hard attack playing. So it is not so brutal as my maple one can be. But that could be my personal perception

About wood properties. I got my bass used in a not rly good shape. So I spent almost 4 months to repair it. The neck was bent in 2 spots and it took pretty long to smooth it out. The luthier said that was pretty hard work to fix my baby. But I can't say that is common thing. I asked a couple of guys on the forum and everyone said they never experienced such a problems.

Also rosewood could be more stable against humidity I guess cuz it is oily wood.

I'm a big fan of bridge parallel humbucker sound. But I've found my rosewood SR bridge single H sound mode to dispersed. But inner or outer coils combinations (if we are talking about HH) is very cool. Again just personal exp
    Last edited by Gravesend Black; 11-05-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    MusicMan Stingray 5H: Honeyburst/ White PG/ Ceramic magnets/ Ash body/ maple neck/ maple fingerboard.
    DOB 02/14/'95

MusicMan BFR Stingray 5HH: Natural/ Tort PG/ Alnico magnets/ Ash body/ rosewood neck/ rosewood fingerboard.

DOB 04/03/'09

User Info Menu

What a wonderful-looking option! Would love to have a neck like this. Thanks for yet another great offering.

User Info Menu

Fretless? Rosewood top on Reflex bass?

For anyone who hasn't played one of these..... They're the bee's knees! Go get one, or regret it.
    -Matt the "Manfloozy"

User Info Menu

Look who showed up... How you been Matt? Looking like I will be out on this run, but a sunburst Sabre with Tort and a RW neck would be awesome. JOSH

CLASSIC STINGRAY White (MHS)
    CAPRICE Natural
    Former owner of...
    BONGO - 4HH (Rolls Burgandy), 4Hp ("Small EQ"/Medallion Gold), 4H (Ice Blue), 5HSp (White), 4H (Black Sugar), 4H (PDN Honey Burst), 4H (PDN Tobacco Burst)
    STINGRAY - 4H (30TH), 4H (Dargie Delight), 4H (VSB/BFR RW Neck), 5H (08 LE)
    STERLING - 4HH (Dargie Delight), 4H (Stealth), 4HS (Natural)
    25TH - 5HH (Venetian Red)
    BIG AL - 4SSS (Olive Gold)

Musicman Cutlass/Caprice Bass Club on Facebook.

User Info Menu

What are the Bongo colors available to order in and will the necks have the half moon inlays or special ones to denote it is a special order bass? In any event, I will now be listing my one or two of my Bongo's for sale to buy a rosewood neck.