Mega Primo Mammoth
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Discontinued Music Man list. October 31. 2015

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amper View Post
    You're discontinuing the piezo option?! NOOOOOOOOO!

My piezo fretless Stingray is incredible, and because of her, I will never again buy another non-piezo bass.

Attachment 28927
    Wow gorgeous - and I have the same thought - I have a fretted Bongo 5HHp and that piezo is awesome - always fancied an SR4Hp fretless - will be a used one now but I don't think I've ever seen one come up for sale
    2018 SR5HHS Cruz Teal - roasted/ebony
    2018 SR4HHS Aqua sparkle - roasted/ebony
    2016 SR4H 40th Anni Old Smoothie - Chocolate burst - maple
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted/maple, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic coral red/birdseye/maple with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl/RW
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/RW
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple
    2003 SR4H Natural/RW
    2003 US Sub 5H White/RW
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst - birdseye maple/Pau Ferro
    1993 SR4 blueburst - flamed maple/maple

User Info Menu

How about a PDN Classic Cutlass bass? I think I would part with money for one!!
    2018 SR5HHS Cruz Teal - roasted/ebony
    2018 SR4HHS Aqua sparkle - roasted/ebony
    2016 SR4H 40th Anni Old Smoothie - Chocolate burst - maple
    2014 Neptune Blue Classic Sabre - roasted/maple, mahogany body
    2010 SR4 classic coral red/birdseye/maple with Flatwounds
    2008 Bongo 5HHp lava pearl/RW
    2007 SR4HH Blue Dawn LE/RW
    2003 SR5H Natural/maple
    2003 SR4H Natural/RW
    2003 US Sub 5H White/RW
    1993 SR4 Fretless Sunburst - birdseye maple/Pau Ferro
    1993 SR4 blueburst - flamed maple/maple

User Info Menu

So just to clarify, the only color options currently available to order are those listed on EBMM's website?

WillyD is offline Ernie Ball, Inc. Ernie Ball Customer Service

User Info Menu

hey catbuster, you are correct, available colors/options are currently listed on our website.
    "he played like he was in jail- behind a few bars & couldn't find the key"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WillyD View Post
    hey catbuster, you are correct, available colors/options are currently listed on our website.
    I was also quoted mid-May for the delivery of a black Bongo 5 HS today. Any particular reason why, or just a line backup?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Catbuster View Post
    I was also quoted mid-May for the delivery of a black Bongo 5 HS today. Any particular reason why, or just a line backup?
    Our build times vary, 3-6 months. We do not warehouse instruments and build each one as ordered.
    If you are located outside of USA delivery times are a bit longer with transit, customs clearance, etc, factored in.

User Info Menu

sorry if this has been asked already but I'm relatively new here.
    if i was to order a new Silhouette special for example from my local dealer here, i have only the choice between black or white and rosewood or maple fretboard ? this is correct yes ?
    If each order sent from a dealer is made after it is ordered what is the issue with getting any of the colours that EBMM offer on any of their other models ?
    i understand not keeping every model in every colour in stock, totally get that, but if guitars are built to order whats the issue with ordering a silhouette in any of your stock solid colours ?
    Again sorry if this has been answered already.
    Irish MM Slinger

1999 Axis Sport in Red
    2005 LTD Luke in Buttercream w/piezo
    2013 LIII in Olive Gold RW neck
    2013 Albert Lee in Sterling Silver

User Info Menu

Our build times vary, 3-6 months. We do not warehouse instruments and build each one as ordered.
    If you are located outside of USA delivery times are a bit longer with transit, customs clearance, etc, factored in.
    This is why i ask my question above . I have no problem with the wait times, but don't understand why i can only have black or white on a Silhouette for example
    Irish MM Slinger

1999 Axis Sport in Red
    2005 LTD Luke in Buttercream w/piezo
    2013 LIII in Olive Gold RW neck
    2013 Albert Lee in Sterling Silver

User Info Menu

Are PDNs a thing of the past? I saw mention of them in one post and they were talked about in the past tense. But you can read a lot into a simple post, so thought I'd ask.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cybersnyder View Post
    Are PDNs a thing of the past? I saw mention of them in one post and they were talked about in the past tense. But you can read a lot into a simple post, so thought I'd ask.
    PDN's have an order window of one month and usually only have one or maybe two released a year. Usually in April or May or August or September. PDN stands for Premier Dealer Network and whatever is being offered can only be ordered through those dealers for one month. I have bought a few and they hold their value really well due to their limited availability. I still have two of my orders and could get almost what I paid for them new.

User Info Menu

At the core of it, this streamlining and the new bass/guitar models is once again proof that EBMM is always innovating both on the instrument side as well as on their business model. Only by being prepared to take risks and unvoidably trying some things that don't work (and then being prepared to terminate the effort) out can anyone find the things that really make a positive difference. Very similar to the scientific approach of forming a hypothesis/strategy, and then making experiments to test the hypothesis - in all of the bass/guitar world, EBMM is pretty special in this regard.

About all the awesome finishes, I'd bet that we'll see both new ones and favourites of the past make appearances in special runs through the PDN or similar where the volumes will be more than a one off here and there.

About the P and P/J models: yeeeeehaaa!!
    Really looking forward to trying these out!
    Luke III HH Olive Gold, Rosewood Neck
    StingRay 4H 30th Anniversary
    StingRay 4H 20th Anniversary
    StingRay 4HH Dargie Delight MHS
    StingRay 4H Neptune Blue
    StingRay 4H Mary Kaye White Fretless
    Big Al 4SSS Pearl White MHS

~~~~ Thanks EBMM, you're the best ~~~~

Looking for: Silhouette 20th anniversary | Dark Lord Y2D

User Info Menu

When did the Sterling Ray 34 blue sparkle get discontinued?
    Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dargin View Post
    The reason we are discontinuing finishes is so we can streamline what we are selling vs. what we are offering. These finishes represent a small percentage of what we actually make. Discontinuing these various finishes / models provides us flexibility for future models and custom runs. It has become impossible to stock and offer so many body models, finishes, and pick guards. In the near future you will see many different shapes, sizes, and features on multiple guitars and basses!
    Hi Dargin, could you clarify a couple of things for me? In the future, since you have eliminated many finish options, does EBMM plan to do more PDN/limited versions? Or will they be doing approximately the same number as before?

Do you ever anticipate allowing custom orders? For example, if I were to order a Black 4H Sterling from my local shop, from what I understand, unless that specific bass is in stock, the order would then get sent to you guys to make the bass. What is the difference then between ordering a standard black finish and ordering a Mystic Dream, or Copper Fire etc. finish, since the paint is already in the factory?

I'm sure you guys have thought of it, I'm just curious as to the reason you guys do limit your orders in this fashion.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by the explode man View Post
    Hi Dargin, could you clarify a couple of things for me? In the future, since you have eliminated many finish options, does EBMM plan to do more PDN/limited versions? Or will they be doing approximately the same number as before?

Do you ever anticipate allowing custom orders? For example, if I were to order a Black 4H Sterling from my local shop, from what I understand, unless that specific bass is in stock, the order would then get sent to you guys to make the bass. What is the difference then between ordering a standard black finish and ordering a Mystic Dream, or Copper Fire etc. finish, since the paint is already in the factory?

I'm sure you guys have thought of it, I'm just curious as to the reason you guys do limit your orders in this fashion.

Thanks!
    We will continue with PDN but there are no plans to increase or add custom options to this list of the many things we currently make available.

The color choice topic has resurfaced many times, here is a good thread about this topic:

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...-we-paint.html
    Last edited by WillyD; 03-04-2016 at 08:37 AM.

User Info Menu

We will continue with PDN but there are no plans to increase or add custom options to this list of the many things we currently make available.

The color choice topic has resurfaced many times, here is a good thread about this topic:

http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ba...-we-paint.html
    Hi Willy,

Thanks for the response, but this thread isn't really a good thread on the topic, and you guys seem to keep dodging the question: why do you guys not allow customers to pay extra? Respectfully, the EBMM keeps spinning in circles saying "we can't offer every colour because they don't sell". We get it. They don't sell. No one is arguing that. But what no one is addressing is why you won't allow customers to pay a premium for non-standard options.

As for the paint switching, this is why I asked specifically about paints that exist and you use on other instruments. You guys are already painting guitars with Mystic Dream, why can't I order a Mystic Dream bass? I'm not asking why you guys don't ship Mystic Dream to dealers as standard. I get it. Only black/white basses sell. I'm not disputing that. I'm asking why I can't order a bass for myself that's in Mystic Dream.

Okay, so, assuming there is a reason, like the paint guns for guitars are different from basses or something, if switching paints in your machines and additional setup costs EBMM $300 to change from doing your standard black, why not allow a customer to pay you the $300 in additional expenses plus your standard markup? I don't see where EBMM is losing in that deal or the harm that it does to the company that you guys are evading this option.

I'm not expecting EBMM to take a loss because I'm personally finicky about colours, I just truly don't understand what the problem with letting people pay you your regular margins to allow this.